“Always Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Michigan
“Always Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We have driven about 60 miles many times to eat at Whitehouse Inn. The Prime Rib is my favorite but I have never tried anything on their menu that wasn't excellent. They have holiday buffets that are great too. We always get there when they open since they fill up quickly because many people in that area agree with us about the food... and service. This was the first place I tried sweet potato french fries and..wow!.. I'm always sure to add them to the main dish I order.
Prices are fair too.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Great food and great prices. Very friendly staff. Small but very nice inside. I have never had anything that was not good. I would definitely go back

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Waterville, Ohio
“A Frequent Flier's review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

O.K. This is not big city elegance, but the best of rural old time supper club type food.
The bests on the menu; Prime rib, prime rib, and did I say prime rib?? The best in N.W. Ohio! Worth the 20 min drive from Toledo and further.
Other bests are their good old-fashioned Fried Perch, Fried Jumbo Shrimp, and the awesome French onion soup. Also, Margarita lover's will be pleased. Leave the calorie counters at home when you visit here. Great wait staff.
The dinner salads are generous, but I'm tired of the plain old Iceberg lettuce. Let's kick it up a notch, Mr.Fronk. How about a Caesar salad, spinach, or mixed greens for a dinner salad choice. And how about a changing "vegetable of the day" choice. You do it with the wonderful soups. The fresh asparagus is a new delight. Thanks

The negatives- Where is a picture of our current, 2nd term president, Barack Obama, among all the rest? Hmmm. I noticed Bill Clinton isn't anywhwere to be found,either. Lots of G.W.Bush pics abound. Does some predjudice towards minorities or democrats exhist out here in Whitehouse?? Don't think others haven't noticed, Mr. Fronk. People talk. There is plenty of wall space to add some new pics. Sorry, somebody has to say it. The "Whitehouse" should represent all of Americans, right?

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Whitehouse, Ohio
“Great service, great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was very pleased with our dinner this evening. The hostess went above and beyond to work our group of three in on a very busy Saturday night. She was well organized and so helpful. Our waitress, Valerie, was wonderful. I also would like to mention the young man serving onion rings...they were a great surprise and delicious! We ordered the Tilapia and Mahi Mahi and found both to be very good. The French Onion soup is always excellent and is uniquely served with scissors to cut those strings of cheese. Overall the service was excellent...we were treated like family.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Monclova, Ohio
“Lost it;s luster”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Live close by, been eating here for many many years. It has lost it's zing. Food is average at best, a chicken sandwich is even better at home. We only go if we want to grab something close by and I don't have to cook. I really have nothing else to say.

Visited October 2012