“Lake Erie Perch - Yum” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Maitland, Florida
“Lake Erie Perch - Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I read Honest_in_Ohio and I think he/she has serious anger management issues. And I wonder how many other restaurants have gotten their charges reversed not for bad food but for free food! Anyway, I was there in August and I always make a point of going when I am up from Florida. The Lake Erie Perch is delicious. Lightly battered and fried crisp. And I about fell on the floor when I saw the plate of home fries with onions. Got the leftovers to go and had them with eggs for breakfast - fed two of us! We got there early and when we left they were lined up out the door.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Sylvania, Ohio (Toledo)
“Both the Salad and The Prime Rib were Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

I've known about the Whitehouse Inn for years (my kids used to play soccer right down the street with regularity). But, I had never taken the time to actually eat there.

But recently, I ate dinner there with a business associate, and it was great. I'm trying to loose some tonnage, so I got the Grilled Chicken Salad...which was huge and delicious. My business partner opted for the Prime Rib and said it was the best he had eaten in a long, long time.

I understand the ownership changed a few years back and if my visit was any indication, the new owners are changing it for the better.

By the way, the interior still feels like a 1940's (or maybe 50's) road house...and and a serious history lesson if you take the time to look around. It was a hoot!

• Visited September 2011
Whitehouse, Ohio
“Warm Family atmosphere, Great Food, Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

My family and I went to The Whitehouse Inn for dinner about 2 weeks ago, and as usual, we had awesome food and wonderful service! The French Onion soup is THE BEST anywhere around! We especially love Mondays, Prime Rib night. Mmmm... But Tuesdays are a favorite of ours as well.

The building itself is unique to any other restaurant. The family and friends who gather there, to enjoy great food at a great price, and great service is the reason why my family frequents The Whitehouse Inn several times a month.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Swanton, Ohio
“Awesome..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

I had the liver, very good, my husband had the prime rib.. also very good.. Service was wonderful and so was the food.. The liver reminded me of the old Hamway's in Sylvania..
Yes we would go back... Everything was "Super".. Thanks for the great dining experience!!!
By the way.. the building is a historic building.. please leave it as is..Wonderful old structure...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pioneer, Ohio
“Food was great, fab margaritas, great portions and variety. Will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

We had a great meal, appetizers were delicious, drinks were perfect, Portions were great. Our service was quick, professional. Thanks! We'll be back!

• Visited May 2011