“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Westlake
Warsaw
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Recently stayed here for a one night crash during a road trip. Hotel was easy to find with GPS off the thruway, the staff was very friendly and the room was clean. Couldn't ask for more! Highly recommend! I did get a laugh though (and thought it a little odd) as we entered room and saw the TV on. Called "Hello?" wondering if someone was already in that room...nobody was. LOL

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gia P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay, even though it was short lived! I hope you made it to your destination safely. Friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surrounding are guaranteed every stay, regardless of the duration. Thank you for the recommendation and praise of our hotel. Also, my apologies for the television being left on, we test them upon room inspections to ensure they are working properly. However, I am glad you got a laugh! We hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Kings Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This property is off I-90 in Westlake. I called Hampton reservations from the road and was told that this was the next hotel eastbound. They did not tell me that I- 80 and I-90 split before the hotel so this was about 8 miles off I-80. It was worth the trip. This is mainly a business hotel, I think with lots of mahogany in rooms and a quiet location across from a large mall and near a branch of the ClevelandClinic. Well done, elegant for a Hampton Inn, quiet with a very responsive housekeeping staff. Ate across street at a Max & Erma's. Very nice. Hotel routed us past Hopkins Airport to I-71 to I-80 so we did not have to go back to same exit o I 80 and lose time.

Room Tip: Worth the trip from I-80
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I apologize that your initial directions were a bit confusing, but I am glad you found us convenient for the return trip. Our front desk team is great with directing guests to the most efficient routes! If you come back into the area, we would love to have you again!
Westlake, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

As I expect from Hampton Inn this property was well maintained and very clean. We did not use the facilities or other services but our room was clean, the water was hot, and the internet service was reliable. We will be again be staying in Hampton Inn's over the Memorial Day weekend because of their consistency.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

The team and I appreciate your positive review of our hotel! As I am sure you know, Hampton’s strive for consistency and excellence. I am so happy we were able to deliver that for you. The team here takes pride in ensuring we offer clean and comfortable accommodations. I hope you were able to enjoy your Memorial Day weekend! Again, thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you again!
Detroit, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This Hampton was almost perfect. The outside was inviting. The lobby was clean and up to date. You are greeted with a smile. Even though I was early, a room was found for me that was already cleaned. The furniture was great and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast looked appealing but I didn't eat because of timing. The coffee was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Gia P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
I appreciate your lovely review of our hotel! The exterior is a great feature of the property as it contributes to a park-like environment. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby as well. Our high standards of cleanliness and service keep our team proud of the hotel and we love hearing feedback like yours. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I hope we can welcome you again!
Laurel, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Let me say, first off, that you need to keep your eyes peeled for the entrance. The hotel sits amid trees, off the main road and shares an entrance with the neighboring Bob Evans. It's easy to miss (despite a sign on the road)

Once you pull in, though, you feel as if you're in the middle of a park. It is quiet, despite being close to some major roads.

General Impressions:
It is a Hampton Inn and you get what you expect; which is a good thing. Dependable, comfortable and well situated. This one is on the midst of a lobby renovation (and not a moment too soon). They were very upfront and apologetic about it on their website and aside from the workers being around during the day (and the obvious construction) you didn't know things were going on. How they were that quiet is beyond me.

The room:
Typical feeling Hampton. Though this room had furnishings I'd not seen before, it still felt a bit dated. (c'mon Hilton, ramp up the style) Comfortable bed, and it did have rolling ottomans for the couch which were handy. The lighting never seems to be enough and hotels need to address this worldwide. New lamps in the same spots don't help the lighting design.

The closet is tucked into a wall system that makes the room feel larger. It's a nice touch but an annoying closet. Instead of side-by-side, your clothes hang front to back so you have to root through, or take everything out, to see what you originally put in. (granted, not an issue overnight, but if you're there a few days...)

The bathroom:
Very good lighting (they got that right!) Otherwise typical Hampton. It is a high counter, which suits me, but it it could be too high for many. At 5'11 I'm not super tall, but someone 5'5" may have difficulty) Otherwise is was fine. Not a spa, but functional.

The extras:
The desk was engineered by the window so if you were working there you had nice light and could peek outside once in awhile. The ergonomic chair was good (a bit tight by the bed) and the lighting directly over the desk worked well.

Only a few rooms have refrigerators in them. There could be more.

Location:
Situated close to Route 90 makes it easy to get around. It's only about 20 minutes, or so from the airport. A BIG bonus is the Crocker Park area, practically across the street. An outdoor concept area, there is shopping (J Crew, Gap, Apple, etc.) and lots of dining options (Cheesecake Factory, B Spot Burgers, Bar Louie, etc.) You're also close to the lake and can have a nice, short drive to the nearby park in Bay Village to see the views.

Room Tip: Try for rooms on floor 3-5. They put you higher in the tree line and it's nicer.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Gia P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a well thought out review of our hotel! I am glad that you enjoyed your experience, with the exception of a few areas. We strive for comfortable accommodations, friendly service and clean surroundings. I shared your praise of our quiet renovations with the remodel team as this is always a concern during construction. We are eager to unveil all of their hard work and hope you will return to enjoy it as well! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you next time you are in town. We hope we can deliver you another pleasant stay!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My elderly mother suffered a stroke on March 22nd and all 6 of us (adult) kids starting streaming into town from as far away as Afghanistan. I originally booked two nights at the "Extended Stay America" right down the street, but I HATED it from the moment I checked in. You can see my review here on TA. We got out of that place and headed to the Hampton ASAP.

From the moment we checked in, Gia (who turned out to be the General Manger) and her team were professional and very helpful. We had a confusing room situation with people sharing, adding, dropping, mutliple names, etc., and they could not have been nicer about it. They knew my Mom was in hospice and without being the least bit intrusive let us know that they were there for anything that we needed. (Like recommending a great dry cleaner down the street who turned all our stuff around in 24 hours.)

Because of my professional position, I ususally stay in 4 and 5 star hotels, and don't often find myself in the "value priced" hotels. But I'll tell you this... there are a lot of hotels out there who have nice lobby's and beautiful pictures on thier Web site who charge you $250 a night for a crummy / noisy room with a teddy bear on the Bed. There are a lot of "phonies" out there and that can be pretty aggrevating.

Hampton Inn, from my experience, has nailed it where it comes to offering updated, clean accomodations managed by a friendly competant staff all availabe at a fair price. Oddly, I had just stayed at the Hampton Inn in Lees Summit, Missouri three weeks earlier because my Mother-In-Law had passed away and we were there for her funeral. (There are no 5 Star hotels in Lees Summit, but that's OK!). We had the same very pleasant experience in Missouri, and to tell you the truth I got a little choked up when we were leaving thinking about the many happy occasions we'd had at "Mom's" when we all stayed at the Hampton. I never thought I'd have nostalgia for the Hampton Inn Lees Summit... but I did!

Thanks to Gia and her wonderful staff for taking care of our Family during a difficult time. We all agreed that even though they were remodeling the front of the house, we were all happy to ignore a little dust and noise to stay with the freindly staff and the comfortable rooms. Besides... it will be that much nicer the next time we're in Cleveland!

One other note... the Bob Evans Restaurant next door has the best Country breakfast you've ever had. Don't miss it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gia P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
It is always a wonderful moment in hospitality to read heartwarming stories such as yours. On behalf of the entire team and myself, thank you for your praise and recognition of our hotel and the service we strive to deliver. We always try to provide comfort and empathy to our guests through all situations. The team extends their sympathies to you and your family and we hope there are brighter days ahead. You always have a friend, or 25, here in Westlake and we look forward to welcoming you again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is a nice, clean hotel. We stayed in a King Study room, as we thought it would best fit our family with the pull-out couch. The furniture is crammed in pretty tight and is not ideal for families, however the room size would be perfect for a business traveler. Whoever labeled this room as "spacious," in the hotel description really needs a dictionary. The room was a bit drafty and the windows should be checked. Even with the heat cranked up to 72 degrees, the room was on the chilly side. There was no bathtub in this room, only a shower in a small bathroom. That was a disappointment, as we've never run into that situation at a Hampton Inn before. If looking for a place to stay as a single or couple, this hotel would be fantastic. Great staff, great breakfast and a clean room with no sign of bed bugs. Consider other options if traveling with children.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience. First, I would like to apologize for the inadequate accommodations we provided for your travel needs. I hope that if you are able to travel to the area again under different circumstances, you will chose to stay with us. A select number of our king rooms do offer a stand up shower in place of a bathtub/shower layout in the bathroom. I understand that this was not ideal for you, but please know we do have the bathtub option instead for you. I also apologize for the temperature of the room and have had out maintenance team check the seal around the window and the HVAC unit. Thank you for your kind words regarding our breakfast, cleanliness, and service. I will be sure to share your review with the team! Please let me know if there is anything further I can assist you with!

Been to Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake? Share your experiences!