“Best hotel in Westlake.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Westlake
Ann Arbor
“Best hotel in Westlake.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn while attending a tennis tournament. The staff was friendly, the hotel clean, and the room spacious. The hotel has a policy that the sheets and duvets are cleaned daily - how refreshing. They offered a very nice complimentary breakfast in the morning. We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Gia P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you so very much for leaving your feedback regarding your recent stay. One the foundations we pride ourselves on is our clean rooms. I am so glad you were able to enjoy and experience the Hampton commitment of fresh linens, every guest and every stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the future. Please do not hesitate to reach out directly with any specific needs or requests!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was a great hotel - all the extras and then some. Hot coffee and tea greeted us upon entry. Bananas, apples etc were available all the time also. The breakfast was wonderful - counters clean and food presented beautifully. We love Hampton's policy of washing all bedcovers - so nice! The room was spotless. Location, Location, Location - we spent time at Crocker Park which was just across the street from the hotel. We also caught a Brown's game. Traveling by train to the stadium was awesome and the station was only about 15 minutes or so from the hotel. Give the Hampton a try. You won't regret it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brett S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
It is always wonderful to hear such praise from our guests. We strive to provide everything you mentioned; from clean rooms to comfortable surroundings and friendly service for our guests. All linen including sheets, towels and duvet covers are washed fresh for every guest, every time. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in freshly laundering the linens in the room and I will be sure to share your comments with them. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast as well, it seems you needed a good breakfast for all of your fun sightseeing! Crocker Park is a great area for shopping and dining and entertainment. When you stay with us in the future, we offer a Shop and Drop package that includes a gift card to Crocker Park! Call us or visit our website for details. And of course, Go Browns! We look forward to welcoming you again as our guest. Thank you for your time and comments!
Royal Oak, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

With the Marriott chains wearing out in this area, I went searching for alternatives near Rocky River, OH, for family visits. I thought I'd be stuck out at the airport again or over in Brooklyn (can you believe there's a Brooklyn, Ohio???). But suddenly there it was in Westlake all the time, a perfectly good Hampton Inn on Detroit Street, cozy in the the woods, quiet and peaceful, I90 visible notwithstanding, with nice folks running the place. And, a good breakfast!! May Hilton keep up the good work for a long long time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brett S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the great scores. Our location is unique as we have so much to do within walking distance, yet we are tucked away in a beautiful location. I’ll be sure to share your comments with our staff as we truly love what we do. Thank you again; your comments put smiles on our faces because we were able to put a smile on yours!
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I spend one week per month in Elyria, OH and I always choose to stay at the Hampton in Westlake. The staff, specifically Samantha, makes the experience worth while. When I arrive, I'm always greeted by name. It takes longer to walk up to the counter than it does to actually check in. My room is always clean and ready for my arrival. The personal touch of service that I receive from Sam and the front desk staff all the way to the breakfast attendant just makes the experience that much better. If you're looking for a place to feel comfortable while traveling, I suggest you stay at the Hampton.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We do have a great location being within walking distance to Crocker Park and other restaurants and we are happy you found us! Our friendly staff is dedicated to making our guests feel at home. I will be sure to share your comments with Samantha as she takes pride in the work she does. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had our power go out during Sandy, and I went with my parents to get warm at the Hampton Inn. We had about three nights there, and I was really impressed. Not only was everything inviting (the lobby is comfortable, the coffee is always hot) but it was also clean and nicely kept. I thought it was nicely decorated and even liked the duvet so much I might buy one online.

Everything worked. It was quiet. It was clean. And they kept it clean every day for us. It was a huge relief to have everything taken care of while we were stressing about everything at home. I was even worried about not having my laptop accessory for my lap, and was pleasantly surprised that they provided one in the room.

What really sets this place apart is the people working there. The housekeepers were all always friendly and nice - but I sadly didn't catch their names. The two young women at the front desk that helped us so much were named Samantha and Arnita. They didn't just do their job, they seemed to always go the extra mile and made us all feel like VIP guests.

I also want to say that the Hampton Inn has a great complimentary breakfast, which the Holiday Inn does not offer. They even let you have hot waffles.

The only thing we didn't love was that the room kept getting overheated when we had the heat on just 60 degrees. But this is common in hotels, I think. Luckily the windows do open, and we kept it from getting too muggy.

I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brett S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
The team and I appreciate your kind remarks and compliments to our staff and service! We know it was a stressful time during the storm and you needed comforts of home while away. I will share your compliments to our front desk stars, Samantha and Arnita as I am so glad they were able to assist you! Also, if you visit the Hampton Inn website, you can find a link to purchase the bedding we use. I do apologize about the heating issue you experienced and will have our maintenance staff inspect its working order. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us!
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We have stayed at this property 50+ nights over the last six to seven years. Always make us feel like valued guests. Great attention to detail and professional staff. Diverse breakfast options (including healthy ones) available in a clean, well-attended dining area. Request a sleeping room facing the east, as it is a little quieter. Property is clean inside and out; facilities personnel often seen surveying the parking lot for cleanliness and security. The Westlake Hampton Inn sets the standard by which we measure all other U.S. hotels in this price range, honest. Well managed and it shows.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your loyalty to our hotel and your kind words. We value our hotel and ensure that your expectations are continually met. Our staff works hard to provide excellent service and cleanliness for our guests and I am so pleased you experienced it! Please let us know if there is anything we can improve upon for your next visit, as we look forward to welcoming you again.
Dennison, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Spent the night at the Hampton Inn Westlake ohio. Check in was quick and painless. Desk clerk was very friendly. We booked a king bed room with the shop til you drop package. The room included a 25.00 Visa gift card for Crocker Park.
Our room was very clean and comfortable. It was nicely decorated.
The free breakfast was very nice and the robust coffee was the bomb if you like bold coffee.
Check out was a breeze, bill was slid under my door.
The hotel itself would be within walking distance of numerous restaurants and great shopping at Crocker Park if it is not raining and the wind blowing 35mph.
My only complaint is the windows are very thin, so you could hear the traffic outside a little bit, but not horrible.
We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side of the building to get away from the traffic.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Your compliments are truly valued and I appreciate the time you took to share them. I am glad that you enjoyed our Shop and Drop package and hopefully treated yourself or enjoyed a nice meal at Crocker Park. Clean rooms, comfortable surroundings and friendly service are the bedrock of our hotel and is how we build our success. Our team works diligently to provide that to you and it seems we succeeded! I do apologize about the outside noise however, and during your next stay, we can place you in a room further from the street. Again, many thanks for your compliments and time.

Been to Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake? Share your experiences!