“How'd I miss it before?” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Westlake
Royal Oak, Michigan
“How'd I miss it before?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

With the Marriott chains wearing out in this area, I went searching for alternatives near Rocky River, OH, for family visits. I thought I'd be stuck out at the airport again or over in Brooklyn (can you believe there's a Brooklyn, Ohio???). But suddenly there it was in Westlake all the time, a perfectly good Hampton Inn on Detroit Street, cozy in the the woods, quiet and peaceful, I90 visible notwithstanding, with nice folks running the place. And, a good breakfast!! May Hilton keep up the good work for a long long time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brett S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the great scores. Our location is unique as we have so much to do within walking distance, yet we are tucked away in a beautiful location. I’ll be sure to share your comments with our staff as we truly love what we do. Thank you again; your comments put smiles on our faces because we were able to put a smile on yours!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I spend one week per month in Elyria, OH and I always choose to stay at the Hampton in Westlake. The staff, specifically Samantha, makes the experience worth while. When I arrive, I'm always greeted by name. It takes longer to walk up to the counter than it does to actually check in. My room is always clean and ready for my arrival. The personal touch of service that I receive from Sam and the front desk staff all the way to the breakfast attendant just makes the experience that much better. If you're looking for a place to feel comfortable while traveling, I suggest you stay at the Hampton.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We do have a great location being within walking distance to Crocker Park and other restaurants and we are happy you found us! Our friendly staff is dedicated to making our guests feel at home. I will be sure to share your comments with Samantha as she takes pride in the work she does. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had our power go out during Sandy, and I went with my parents to get warm at the Hampton Inn. We had about three nights there, and I was really impressed. Not only was everything inviting (the lobby is comfortable, the coffee is always hot) but it was also clean and nicely kept. I thought it was nicely decorated and even liked the duvet so much I might buy one online.

Everything worked. It was quiet. It was clean. And they kept it clean every day for us. It was a huge relief to have everything taken care of while we were stressing about everything at home. I was even worried about not having my laptop accessory for my lap, and was pleasantly surprised that they provided one in the room.

What really sets this place apart is the people working there. The housekeepers were all always friendly and nice - but I sadly didn't catch their names. The two young women at the front desk that helped us so much were named Samantha and Arnita. They didn't just do their job, they seemed to always go the extra mile and made us all feel like VIP guests.

I also want to say that the Hampton Inn has a great complimentary breakfast, which the Holiday Inn does not offer. They even let you have hot waffles.

The only thing we didn't love was that the room kept getting overheated when we had the heat on just 60 degrees. But this is common in hotels, I think. Luckily the windows do open, and we kept it from getting too muggy.

I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brett S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
The team and I appreciate your kind remarks and compliments to our staff and service! We know it was a stressful time during the storm and you needed comforts of home while away. I will share your compliments to our front desk stars, Samantha and Arnita as I am so glad they were able to assist you! Also, if you visit the Hampton Inn website, you can find a link to purchase the bedding we use. I do apologize about the heating issue you experienced and will have our maintenance staff inspect its working order. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us!
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We have stayed at this property 50+ nights over the last six to seven years. Always make us feel like valued guests. Great attention to detail and professional staff. Diverse breakfast options (including healthy ones) available in a clean, well-attended dining area. Request a sleeping room facing the east, as it is a little quieter. Property is clean inside and out; facilities personnel often seen surveying the parking lot for cleanliness and security. The Westlake Hampton Inn sets the standard by which we measure all other U.S. hotels in this price range, honest. Well managed and it shows.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your loyalty to our hotel and your kind words. We value our hotel and ensure that your expectations are continually met. Our staff works hard to provide excellent service and cleanliness for our guests and I am so pleased you experienced it! Please let us know if there is anything we can improve upon for your next visit, as we look forward to welcoming you again.
Dennison, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Spent the night at the Hampton Inn Westlake ohio. Check in was quick and painless. Desk clerk was very friendly. We booked a king bed room with the shop til you drop package. The room included a 25.00 Visa gift card for Crocker Park.
Our room was very clean and comfortable. It was nicely decorated.
The free breakfast was very nice and the robust coffee was the bomb if you like bold coffee.
Check out was a breeze, bill was slid under my door.
The hotel itself would be within walking distance of numerous restaurants and great shopping at Crocker Park if it is not raining and the wind blowing 35mph.
My only complaint is the windows are very thin, so you could hear the traffic outside a little bit, but not horrible.
We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side of the building to get away from the traffic.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Your compliments are truly valued and I appreciate the time you took to share them. I am glad that you enjoyed our Shop and Drop package and hopefully treated yourself or enjoyed a nice meal at Crocker Park. Clean rooms, comfortable surroundings and friendly service are the bedrock of our hotel and is how we build our success. Our team works diligently to provide that to you and it seems we succeeded! I do apologize about the outside noise however, and during your next stay, we can place you in a room further from the street. Again, many thanks for your compliments and time.
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel has been here for a long time, I understand, but it has been completely renovated. Our room was excellent -- even the bathroom. Everything worked, everything was CLEAN, and very quiet. Breakfast was just as expected at a Hampton Inn, but all was good. The parking area was private, and felt safe in a busy area. The shopping center across the corner is a huge bonus! Close to I-90, so great for travelers! I will stay again when I visit relatives close by.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brett S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay as well as the fantastic updates we have done to our rooms. We have a great team and each of our associates is dedicated to providing outstanding service. Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again!
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This property is a bit older, but is well maintained and clean. A very nice upgrade from the economy chains I've been staying at on my current trip, and, as typical with Hampton Inns, had a nice computer working area. The room was very clean, and the bed very comfortable. I had interactions with two staff members, and both were as helpful and pleasant as you could hope for. Breakfast had Hampton's typical hot and cold items, and the service area was well maintained and stocked. Not the cheapest hotel around, but reasonably priced and quite nice.

Two reasons I am not giving this five stars, but neither should stop you from staying there: (a) the elevators really need an upgrade -- they are slow and clunky (I have "inside knowledge" of the elevator business); (b) the office chair in my room would not stay raised; as soon as I sat down, it sank. I told the front desk about that, and they were grateful for the heads up.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our hotel provides clean rooms, comfortable surroundings, and courteous staff all at a great price. The building has been around for a few years but our rooms just went through a wonderful renovation making them just like new. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Been to Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake? Share your experiences!