“The worst hampton experience ever, poor housekeeping.” 1 of 5 stars

Double Hhonors Points
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Westlake
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Twinsburg, Ohio
“The worst hampton experience ever, poor housekeeping.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

My husband and I were supposed to be getting away for the weekend. Upon entering the room it appeared very clean and cozy. However, as I was sitting on the sofa I noticed what appeared to be the outer "shell" if you want to say of a popcorn kernal. As I looked around more I noticed this in many areas of the carpet and near the bed. I have done plenty of research and know this is an indication that bed bugs were either in the room or had been. I called the front desk, I wasn't even able to finish explaining what I was seeing and Samantha said"bring your things down right away and I will get you another room, I am so sorry". We went down got a new room. The new room appered clean. I pulled back the blanket and mattress pad to check the mattress and the mattress pad was covered with hair. I understand they launder alot of linen at once, however why would someone put that on a bed. We checked out right after this. I am a hilton honors member and had never experienced anything like this in my travels. I will never return there, ever.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Brett S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. First and foremost we take any talk of bed bugs extremely serious. Upon receipt of your remarks, we immediately had our certified professional pest experts on site. After completion of their inspection, there was absolutely no evidence of any bed bugs or activity found. We take great pride of having a 97% recommendation on Trip Advisor as we continue to strive to exceed the needs of our guests. We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton and would love the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future as we guarantee your satisfaction 100%. Again thank you for your comments, if you would like a copy of the report or have any additional concerns or comments please contact me at the hotel (440-892-0333) or by email @ brett.sigley3@hilton.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

We were in the area for only three days for a family emergency but I would like to stay here again when I have more time. With all of the restaurants and shops in the Crocker Park area, it seemed like this was the place to stay. We tried a couple of the eateries while there, but unfortunately time was short.
When we checked in, we were greeted by Samantha. She had a pleasant smile and a wonderful attitude that started our stay off on the right foot. In fact, all of the front desk personnel were friendly and pleasant. The hotel was nothing exceptional, but very nice and clean (what I have come to expect from Hamptons). We were very pleased by all aspects of the hotel and would definately recommend it to friends. The breakfast was good and they did change the menu both days we ate there.
If you are looking for a "base of operations" while in the area, I highly recommend this Hampton Inn. There were so many things we wanted to do in the area if we only had time. It is located convieniently outside of Cleveland but still close enough to do activities in the city and with all the shopping and restaurants nearby you really don't even have to leave Westlake. There are a couple of wineries nearby that we had planned to try...maybe next time.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

The front desk and breakfast staff are very nice. I was given a very nice welcome when I checked in a few days before Christmas. I have stayed at this hotel several times and always find the breakfast to be very good. I think the same woman has been running the breakfast area since I started staying there. She is very pleasant and does a great job at keeping the breakfast area clean and well supplied.

I was disappointed during my stay at the housekeeping service. There were printed instructions at the front desk, which the front desk clerk reviewed with me, stating that I needed to be out of my room my 11am on Christmas Day to get my room cleaned. I left my room about a half hour before this, but my room didn't get cleaned. I then noticed in the following days that the floors, sink, and bathtub never seemed to be cleaned. I expect more from a Hampton Inn.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
iarndt, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Hello and Happy New Year!

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Westlake this Christmas season. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences during your recent stay.

While we are happy to hear you enjoyed breakfast and felt our staff was efficient and friendly, we are sorry to hear your stay did meet all your expectations. We will be sure to share your comments with our team. Open communication with our guests is essential to ensuring all our guests have a wonderful stay at Hampton Inn Westlake!

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to further discuss your stay. Of course, we hope to see you again very soon!

Kind Regards,

Ivy Arndt
Director of Sales
Hampton Inn Westlake
440-892-0333 x 440
ivy.arndt@ihrco.com
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

This hotel is clean and rooms have been recently renovated. Staff were all pleasant and very helpful. An earlier reviewer stated that all the rooms have a microwave and fridge, but our king bed room did not. The free breakfast buffet was good, with plenty of choices and the staff kept it fully stocked. I have stayed at other hotels in the area and this one is the best.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

This Hampton in is clean, well equipped and updated. Microwave and fridge in every room is a nice convenience. The breakfast is fresh and well stocked. The greatest thing about this hotel is the wonderful and engaged staff. From the front desk to housekeeping to the breakfast host to the shuttle driver ....they are all friendly and super accommodating. I would come back just for them. If you are deciding on Hampton inn properties in Cleveland pick this one.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I was a little leary of booking this hotel, since it had been there for years, but it has been recently renovated and is GREAT. The picture you see on the internet is exactly what you can expect. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom nicely redone and fairly spacious considering it is an older property. Breakfast was sausage, cheese omelet, hot oatmeal, all kinds of cereal and fruit. The attendent was great. She made sure everything was fresh and all the tables clean. I have stayed at other hotels in the area as recently as this summer, but this is the best. I would stay again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Doesn't seem to matter. There was little highway noise, but it was late on Sunday