“Late night disruptions / shabby bathroom” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake

Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake
You added Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   30360 Clemens Rd, Westlake, OH 44145 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Westlake
Seattle, Washington
“Late night disruptions / shabby bathroom”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The condition of the bathroom was not satisfactory. It seemed "tired" and a little gritty. When one of us dropped a washcloth on the floor, we picked it up to find hair all over it.
On our first night, we were woken at 2am by a group of clearly drunk young women yelling and laughing in the hallway outside our door. Then, at 4am, we were woken by a car alarm that went off (multiple times) outside our room window.
On our second night, we were woken at 5am by a group of four men -- who appeared to be migratory laborers -- sitting and talking in the hallway outside our door.
As a consequence, our stay was not a good one. We will not be returning.

Room Tip: If you get a room away from the elevator and away from the entrance to the hotel, you might not face...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Gary W - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the bathroom was not as clean as it should have been and apparently there was a breakdown in our inspection process. To prevent this from happening in the future, we will be implementing a new inspection process. As for the noise by guest's in our hallways we certainly do our best to insure everyone gets a good nights sleep and that the hotel is quiet. Although we walk the floors several times a night, sometimes we cannot identify everything. Please feel free to contact the Front Desk to advise them of your concerns. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wsl@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Great Neck, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

What a fantastic find--I booked this motel on Priceline because I needed somewhere to stay the night before a procedure at the Cleveland Clinic, and I had no idea how lucky I'd gotten! This place really makes you feel at home, and is an amazing value. Not only does the tasteful, charming, CLEAN and cozy room have a full kitchen, but the bed is super comfortable, the bathroom is clean and modern, the TV is HD-TV and has two Showtime channels plus many other cable channels, there's a DVD player too!!!, and the wifi is FREE and works well (which often isn't the case at these extended stay places). I was astonished to find this motel even has a fitness center! I would be happy staying here anytime, and if I needed a place for weeks or even months I think I would feel at home here. Wished I didn't have to leave in the morning! Another lovely surprise--baskets of fruit, muffins, granola bars etc for a grab-and-go breakfast. The staff is wonderful, welcoming and helpful. After we checked in we were offered a basket of goodies to help ourselves from--toothbrushes and toothpaste, deoderant, razors, shampoo, and even packages of microwave popcorn! The location is very safe and quiet, yet extremely convenient right off route 90. I really cannot think of a single negative thing to say. Thank you very much and I will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear flyermontana - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you found our rooms clean and cozy and that you were excited to find all the amenities we offer for a reasonable price. Our goal here at the Extended Stay America Cleveland-Westlake is to provide, great customer service to each and every guest, to make you feel comfortable, like you are at home. From myself and the hotel staff, we would like to thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed for several days on the recommendation of tripadvisor. Was very clean, and the bed/room as a whole was very comfortable. Had no problem with noise. Close to shopping, easy freeway access. Was nice to come "home" to more than just a hotel room. Desk staff was great. The Extended Stay might not be quite as fancy as the much higher priced suite options but I would rather go down to the desk for new towels (only need to for short stays) and pay half of the amount. Glad I found a new place to stay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
CZ F - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. It's great to hear that you found us on Trip Advisor and that you had a great experience staying with us. It's always good to hear from our guests who find our location perfect for what they plan on doing in the area. We believe in taking care of our guests, providing great customer service and giving each guest the cleanest, most comfortable room we can. Lastly I am glad to hear that you felt the savings you received in staying with us far outweigh staying at a more expensive hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Westlake, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Well appointed and designed rooms. Best I have seen for extended stay, and better than most places I stay at. I'm on the road staying in motel/hotels 3 to 4 nights a week.

The staff was very professional and helpful. Fast professional check in. Very impressive! They are running on the front lines of a service business, and these folks know that service is what it's all about. No "dumb look" answers to routine questions here! No waiting. Way above expectations.

Thank You.............J.R.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the end of a hallway on the second or higher floor. Why?... You won't be dist...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
John J - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to write about the hotel staff. I'm thrilled that you found the staff very professional and helpful. It is our goal here to give great customer service to all guests coming here to stay. I am happy to hear that their actions made such a great impression. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

A couple projects near Westlake gave us the opportunity to stay at this location. It's just a block off the freeway and close to tons of shopping. It's quiet but convenient. Rooms were clean, parking was a bit tight, but sufficient.

Rooms offered the basic kitchen amenities and an elevator to access the 3rd floor rooms. We would stay again when in the Westlake area.

Room Tip: North end or back side will be a bit quieter from the road and front entrance.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
RVingFT - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that our location fit your needs and you liked the amenities our hotel offers. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Highly recommended --- it fit all my criteria for location, price, amenities and comfort. Staff was courteous and helpful. Only complaint: flat screen TV was too small to watch from bed: it was only 32" and located on far living room wall. I had to drag the dresser it was bolted to across the room toward the bedroom to be able to watch from bed at night. Nice TV though (LG), but not HD. FYI, there was no on-site restaurant so disregard the 1-star rating: NA was not an option.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Gary Z - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. It's great to hear that you found not only our location, but our price and amenities suited your needs and you found the hotel staff courteous and helpful. I am sorry to hear that you found the location of our televisions not suited well for watching television from your bed. We chose the location based not only on the bed, but the furniture also to create an overall experience. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

When my husband and I visit our son in Cleveland we usually stay at this motel. It is conveniently located, close to church and many restaurants, provides a quiet, restful sleep. We have always found the room clean and neat with morning coffee (a plus). During some of our stays we have used the exercise room's treadmill and stationary bike. Friendly staff--usually a good price through bid your room (Priceline)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
jeffandmaggie - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. It's great to hear that you found our location great for all your family activities and that in staying with us now and in the past, you have always found your room to be clean and neat. The staff here take great pride in taking care of our guests and we are glad that you noticed. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake? Share your experiences!