“Practical place for a long stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake

Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake
You added Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   30360 Clemens Rd, Westlake, OH 44145 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Westlake
Westlake, Ohio
“Practical place for a long stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had a very good experiece with my stay there. Their staff are friendly and the room was spacious, clean and well equiped for my long stay (stove, oven, microwave, fridge, dvd player, iron and board). They have coin operated laundry room, vending machines, and provide coffee and to-go breakfast items on weekdays. The location is close to stores, fuel stations, restaurants and the highway. I stayed 4 weeks and all was good except for a minor inconvenient interaction with one of the receptionists. Finally, to set your expectations right, be informed that it is not a luxury hotel and that the room cleaning service is only offered once a week. I gave the pool 3 point rating because they don't actually have one so I meant to say neutral or NA, not that they have a bad one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
RYH123 - Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you found our location convenient to your needs and that you found the staff friendly and our rooms larger than expected with the ammenities that make a long stay comfortable. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Front desk person 'Ray' by telephone was most accomodating in my slight change to the reservation which was made by my niece via telephone. She had reserved two rooms - one for herself and one for my wife & I; unfortunately, she could not make the trip; so I asked Ray to cancel one of the rooms and he did so. Upon check-in 'Alex' had already spoken with 'Ray' and the reservation info was perfect. Everything in the room was excellent!
I absolutely enjoy the Extended Stay America 'brand' of accomodations; I moved from Seattle, WA to Kansas City, MO in May 2000 and stayed in your hotel for 19 months while waiting for my wife to sell our Seattle home AND I moved from Kansas City to Austin, TX in 2006 and stayed in Extended Stay America for 7 months again waiting for the Kansas City house to sell!. We now live in Toledo, OH and do not travel much anymore, but when we need 'home like' surroundings yours is the brand we do our best to stay with you!
THANK YOU!!!
James E. Dayment

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
James D - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for letting everyone know your change in reservation was handled quickly and it was correct. I also want to thank you for letting me know the job the Ray, my Front Desk GSR did in taking care of you. It's great to hear that over the years you have found Extended Stay America Hotels your choice for long term stays. It has been in the past and will be in the future, our goal to provide you with a stay that feels like home. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I checked out of this hotel August 24th, I discovered yesterday that I left a beautiful robe that was a gift 2 me HANGING ON THE BACK OF THE BATHROOM DOOR AT THE HOTEL!!!! I'M STILL IN THE AREA so I called the hotel got a really efficient clerk that I remembered helped me while I was staying there named Alex...She called me right back after going to check n FOUND my robe...lol...yay Alex!!!

• Stayed August 2012
AUNTNAN 80 - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to fill it out and acknowledging Alex, my Front Desk GSR. I'm glad that we had your property and that you were able to have it returned. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Very friendly and efficient staff. Have stayed there during the Thanksgiving holiday as well as for thirty days during the previous month. The facility is convenient to a grocery store, gas station and plenty of eateries to meet one's taste buds. you also have easy access to interstate 90 going east to Cleveland or west toward Toledo. There is also access to the lake which is a few miles away. While the winter it may be chilly but certainly during the spring and summer is a great place to go, relax and enjoy the water. Highly recommended - enjoy the visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Daniel H - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that the staff was friendly and efficient and that you find our location convenient for your shopping and traveling needs. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The service was efficient and very helpful. The property is nicely set. It is close to Crocker park and restaurants. We had a reasonably bright room that was clean and comfortable. The microwave and kitchenette were very handy. The appliances were clean and worked well. This includes the fridge. We had a good night's sleep. There is a great fitness room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Daryl H - Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you found our rooms clean and comfortable. It is also nice to hear that you found our location and the restaurants along with shopping at Crocker Park convenient for your stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I recently stayed there for 3 nights. I chose it because I was travelling together with a colleague who had reserved a room in the 3-star hotel next door, but when I tried to reserve there no room was available. So I chose this one, based in part on the good reviews it had here.

I did not expect much, and I did not get more than I expected. The room was generally clean, but the bathroom sink had dried stains of soapy water, and there were 2 hairs of suspicious (or rather obvious) provenance on the toilet seat. Clearly, the cleaning personnel had gone through the notions of cleaning there without actually checking to see that they had actually cleaned it.

The floor was not flat, there was a clearly felt "hill" between the closet and the bathroom (I was on the first floor), and the faux leather on the bed headboard was worn out in places so you could see whatever was underneath. Of course, these things did not affect my comfort in any way, but they enhanced the general impression of overall shabbiness.

On the other hand, the bed mattress was comfortable, I slept without any problems, and this of course was far more important to me than the worn headboard, so I cannot complain. Generally, I had no issues with my stay. I wanted a place to spend the nights and I got it. The wi-fi was working and although I did not do any cooking (so I cannot comment on the stove) it was nice to have a toaster and a microwave.

The weakest point of all though was the plastic-wrapped and plastic-tasting bagels and muffins that are described as "Deluxe Coffee, fruit, and bagel breakfast" in the hotel's website. Deluxe? Gimme a break! The coffee was drinkable, but the bagels never changed (or even replenished, the pile kept growing smaller in the small box that contained them, in a nook next to the front desk taht was all the "breakfast area"). Nothing but plain bagels, industrially made somewhere in California. Would it cost so much more to get fresh bagels from a local place? But then people might actually eat them! The whole thing gave me the impression that it was intentionally made unappetizing so that people would not use it (thus saving the hotel money - I hope I won't get the manager in trouble because I actually ATE some of the stuff). I did not expect the sumptuous feasts I described in my first review for Trip Advisor (and the luxury hotel I was revieweing then was actually cheaper than this!), but this was more Spartan than expected.

Apart from the unsatisfactory breakfast, I did not have any serious issues with the hotel. Nobody would mistake it for a luxurious residence, despite the "Deluxe" in its name, but it was a comfortable place to stay and do some work. I would not discourage people who plan to stay there instead of the higher priced hotels nearby in order to save some money. Just don't expect any frills (and you should better like bagels!)

Room Tip: Make sure the room is not "pet friendly". The person in my next room had one or more pets...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Difficult - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to fill it out. It is very important to me to know what our guests feel about their stay and where we might improve. I'm glad that you found our beds to be comfortable and you liked the idea of the kitchen in the room. I am sorry that the breakfast of muffins and bagels were not to your liking. Yes, what you stated was true. We do not change the flavors of the muffins as it is extremely difficult to locate a vendor that will pre-wrap those or the bagels. In regards to the cleanliness of your room, I must apologize for what you found. We take great pride in providing clean comfortable rooms and apparently in our room inspection process we missed something. That is not acceptable. I hope in the future you will give us another opportunity and stay with us. Thank you for your review and choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Westlake, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I have to go there in a week I can't wait to see everyone! It has a great view outside my window and great location! Anything you need they have! Hi Guys! When I check in I always get the room I want! There fitness room is great, they have laundry and always a qarm blanket so I can snuggle on the couch with!

• Stayed November 2012
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Beth C - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. It's great to hear that your coming back to visit and that you have taken advantage of the amenties we offer. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again next week!

Been to Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake? Share your experiences!