“Make sure that you ask for a nonsmoking room!” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   30360 Clemens Rd, Westlake, OH 44145 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 9 hotels in Westlake
Cleveland, Ohio
“Make sure that you ask for a nonsmoking room!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family ahd I thought that we had asked for nonsmoking rooms. Unfortunately, one of the rooms reeked of smoke. When we asked for another room, we were told that the hotel was completely booked and our request was denied. We ended up sleeping with the windows open (to 40 degree weather) and turning up the heat.

The rooms were disappointing. Everything was very well worn.

"Breakfast" was also disappointing: a bowl of fruit and some prepackaged bagels.

On the positive side, the hotel is "pet friendly" and very convenient to shopping and the highway.

Room Tip: If you want a nonsmoking room, avoid the third floor and make sure that the hotel understands that y...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Rt66er - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that you were placed in a smoking room when your preference was non-smoking. At the ESD Westlake we rarely place a guest in a room that they did not request. The week of your stay, was also the time that the remnants of Hurricane Sandy came through the area causing severe electrical outages and property damage. As people were looking for places to stay we did our best in helping the community and unfortunately, some people were placed in rooms not of their choice. For that I certainly do apologize. As for the room, yes, it does not have the bright colors that you see now in hotels, but that will be changing at ours. Starting next week we will be performing a refresh throughout the hotel, giving it an updated brighter look. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wsl@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Winnetka, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My trip to Cleveland, OH was a last minute decision i researched a little online to see what was in the area and found The Extended Stay Suite in Westmont, OH was good location about 15min away from the Downtown area (very convenient) I have stayed at extended stay hotels in the past and left very happy.I found this hotel to be very clean well maintained and traveling alone felt very safe, the staff was very friendly and helpful. If i ever decide to travel to Cleveland again my first choice would be The Extended Suites in Westmont,OH Thanks Again!1

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Linda K - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you found our location fit your needs. All the staff take pride in providing all our guests a clean hotel, not only in the rooms but all through the building. Thank you for noticing and choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Buchanan, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Nice room with very responsive staff. Nothing fancy, but very comfortable. Ray at front desk was very kind to everyone even during the chaos of hurricane Sandy! Power stayed on and all staff kept their cool with a full hotel of frazzled guests.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Angel B - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the nice words you had written about my front desk person Ray and the rest of my staff. It's great to hear that the staff here took care of everyone in a professional way during a time when many of our guests were staying due to the storm damage sustained from hurricane Sandy. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Dan Ritter
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here with my dog during a two day road trip from Chicago to New York. They easily accomodated the dog and there is a nice woods for him ro run around in, just next door. The staff are well trained and very pleasant - the desk clerk even remembered the dog's name the next morning when I checked out. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Kitchens are small but workable, and there's a Trader Joe's withiin a mile that has food easy to heat/prepare. This room had a comfortable Laz-Y-Boy-type recliner that made watching the nice flat panel TV quite relaxing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Natalie C - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. It's great to hear that you found the room to be clean and comfortable and that you found our location to be close to the stores you frequent at your home. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Ft. Pierce
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My daughter and I enjoyed our first stay at the Extended Stay in Weslake. We moved to Florida from Westlake a year ago and were back for a week's stay to visit friends. The staff were very friendly and considerate. One evening we had friends over to play some table games. Our room had only one chair and we asked if they could get three more chairs for us or should we have our friends bring folkding chairs? The three chairs arrived shortly after asking. . We are planning on staying there again when we return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Barbara B - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and considerate. The staff realize how important our guests are and will do whatever they can to make your stay an enjoyable one. Customer service and taking care of our guests is our number one priority. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was my family's first stay in the Extended Stay Deluxe hotel. There was coffee waiting for us upon arrival, a nice touch given that many hotels yank it back after 9 in the morning or so. In addition, our room was clean and the staff was absolutely excellent. Top notch in professionalism and service.

Unfortunately, I need to point out a few minor inconveniences/annoyances. First, the entrance door is extremely narrow. Note that I mentioned "door" - it's a single door, non-automated, so getting a cart full of your luggage in is a hassle... especially since it's a 2 door, single door concept (i.e. outer door to a very small vestibule with card access to open the second, inner door). In addition, the blankets in our room were ripped and had holes in them. A small thing perhaps, but obvious enough that I hoped that the staff would have noticed.

I don't want to overdwell on these quibbles. The location is great, right off of I-90 while still being in a secluded, semi-wooded area that is quite quiet. The staff, as previously mentioned, is spectacular. And the hotel itself, while not the Ritz, was certainly an excellent value for the money we paid.

All in all, a 4.5 out of 5 star experience. We'd be thrilled to stay there again (minus the holey blankets and sheets, of course).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear orthos - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a through review of our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that my staff provided great service and were very professional. In regards to the main entrance, yes, there is only one door and it can be trying to enter when bringing in a lot of luggage or using a luggage cart. In regards to blankets or spreads that have a hole in them or a sheet that's the same way, that honestly is not acceptable. You can be assured I will be speaking to my housekeeping staff about that. It is our goal to provide every guest the best of service and amenities. For us it is not a part time thing, but an everyday, always, for every guest thing. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and your honesty. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Buffalo,NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Staff was friendly ... disappointed in the 3rd floor room we had for 2 nights, the hallway had a distinctive smoky smell, as did our room. the mattress was extremly soft (i realize that can be a plus to some)...and moldy above the shower insert.. I felt the room was not really clean.(and by the way, there is no maid service & you have to take towels etc, to the front desk to exchange) It just wasn't the right fit for us .. maybe because we booked by hotwire & were called a "hotwire float"....or maybe that room was ours because we stayed only 2 nights ... i want to say it was a great hotel, but i feel average at best would be my rating, would not stay here again even though the price tag for a night is lower than most.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 3rd floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear BJTrackers - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our accommodations were not to your expectations. Yes, we do allow smoking in one area of our hotel and its at the end of the hall on the third floor. As for the bed and maid service, everyone has a different feel when it comes to mattresses and we do allow people to switch rooms if their bed is uncomfortable. Per the policy of Extended Stay we only provide a room cleaning for people that stay 7 days or longer. In response to your feedback about mold in the shower, I am having my Maintenance person along with the housekeepers inspect each room in the hotel to insure there are no other issues and correct anything that they see which might even resemble mold. We take great pride here in providing comfortable and clean rooms. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at wsl@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Westlake? Share your experiences!