“Deborah Bush” 1 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Crocker Road, Westlake, OH 44145   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Westlake
“Deborah Bush”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Poor customer service from management all the way down to housekeeping and don't waste your time planning a banquet you and your guest will be very disappointed the food that was served at an event that I attended was raw not to mention the hotel was out of toliet paper and was under staffed which means a lot of things were over looked especially with guest service

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Kenosha, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

The hotel is no longer affiliated with Holiday Inns. It s now called the Westlake Inn. Still under renovations to become a DoubleTree. I did not book there, the initial price she offered on the phone was high, but the clerk did say they would match competitor's pricing.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Joyce L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland -West, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Just Called,

Thank you for your interest in staying with us here at the Westlake Inn, soon to be the DoubleTree by Hilton Cleveland - Westlake. We are scheduled to open officially on June 4th, so we do hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you then. Our current progress in the renovation is that we have 3 completed floors of guest rooms and our pool is fully functional and open. All of our meeting rooms are in the final stages of completion, just some touch ups here and there. Our restaurant and lounge will be open towards the end of April so in the meantime we are providing a complimentary continental breakfast to all of our guests. Once we raise the DoubleTree flag we will also be opening "Sanctuary the Restaurant" which is an exciting partnership with the Driftwood Restaurant Group well know and highly regarded in the Cleveland area. We are thrilled to be in partnership with them. So again thank you for your interest and we hope to see you in the very near future.
Commerce Township, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2015

I'm a loyal Platinum Elite member. When I booked the reservation the site said "under renovation". That is a dramatic understatement. The sign was down and so had trouble finding the property and once finding it had trouble locating the lobby. I drove around the building and there were construction trailers, equipment, fences everywhere. Snow removal was very poor. The clerk gave me poor directions to park and find the elevator. As I wandered around there were workmen wandering around who are apparently staying there. There were areas blocked off with tables, tape, etc. I understand renovation and have been in hotels where renovation was going on. This was a nightmare and in my opinion a shameless train wreck, staying open under those circumstances. I finally ended up back at the desk to say "this isn't going to work". Brandon said "I understand", but at no point did he offer an apology. I asked about a nearby IHG alternative and he gave me a piece of paper with a number on it so that I could handle it myself. Plus he didn't have a fix on the location and frankly didn't seem to care. This is not at all what I expect my loyalty to equate to. I did move on and get a reservation and stayed at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, which was just adequate.

Room Tip: Don't stay here until the renovation is done.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015 via mobile

This hotel is not only being renovated and dirty but the management apparently thinks it's alright to start drilling before 8am. Despite calling the front desk for some relief so I could participate in a conference call, the noise did not stop.

Avoid this hotel. If there was a rating where you rate a hotel with a below awful, I'd select that choice.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Rochester, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2014

Friendly and understanding staff. The indoor pool has with plenty of seating and tables and was enjoyed by our children, family and friends. The rooms and overall decor is older but kept up. It would have been nice if the parking lot was shoveled after the snow.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Joyce L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland -West, responded to this review, January 1, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay last February. All of us at the Ho9liday Inn Westlake appreciate your patronage. Pleased that you & your family and friends enjoyed the pool. The pool is currently out of order while we renovate the pool and atrium areas. The total renovation is scheduled to be completed in April and at that time we will be converting to a Double Tree by Hilton and we are all very excited for the renovation and brand change to be completed. Our apology is the parking lot was not properly plow during your stay we have change snow plow companies for this winter season. Again thanks for staying with us and we hope to see again when your travels bring you back to the Westlake area.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2014

We are Priority members. Stay at a lot of IHG hotels worldwide. I was astonished how much this hotel has declined since our last stay about 3 years ago. The rooms are in need of renovation, the sheets needed changed before we got there, the heater was noisy and the sidewalks were in disrepair. The only things positive I can say is we got the room free using points and it had a convenient location..

Room Tip: Look at other hotels in the area before choosing this one.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Westlake. And we thank you for being loyal IHG Rewards Club members. We understand that the hotel has declined over the last 3 years which is why we are in the process of a complete renovation of the hotel. We are all very excited to see the finished product which is scheduled to be completed in April 2015. We all hope that once the renovation is completed that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again and if that time is after the renovation we will be converting to a Double Tree by Hilton which we are all very excited about. Thank you again
Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

I had a business event at Crocker Park. The hotel was only a short drive away. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The hotel is undergoing renovations. Our room was not one that had been renovated yet. However, it was very comfortable and clean. For a king-sized bed I would have liked more than the 3 or 4 pillows provided. Also, the shower head was short - and I am 5' 6". Hopefully that is being changed with the renovations.

Overall, a quiet, comfortable, and pleasant stay!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Joyce L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland -West, responded to this review, December 24, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Westlake soon to be the Double Tree by Hilton Cleveland - Westlake. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your room was comfortable and clean. We will be changing out all the pillow at conversion and they will all be king sized pillows that we are sure you will enjoy. The shower head is being moved up when they install the new shower heads. Thanks again for writing about your "pleasant" stay with us and we hope to serve you again in the very near future.

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland -West? Share your experiences!