“Great place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Westlake
Lancashire
“Great place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The desk staff were very helpful. It is very useful to have the use of a computer to be able to plan trips etc. The breakfast buffet was an excellent start to the day. Hotel is very convenient for visiting Cleveland and Cedar Point at Sandusky.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
jremalius, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland -West, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear ross1956:

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate you taking the time to compliment our associates' service. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our efforts to take care of our guests. Your comments will be seen by our entire staff. Please keep us in mind for future visits and we look forward to your next stay!

Best Regards,

Janet Remalius

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
North Baltimore, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here after a baskeball game in Cleveland. Made reservations prior and recieved an eamil a few days before our stay, nice reminder! The motel is in a great location right off I-90 in Westlake. Lots of places near by to eat as well. We recieved 2 free breakfast buffet coupons upon arrival. the staff is VERY helpul and friendly. The room was nice 2 doublebeds, LG flatscreen tv. No big complaints, tub drain slow, and could use other improvements/updating. Room was clean, plenty of towels. We had a room away from the pool area, but am sure for familys satying with kids the rooms facing the pool area would be fine. Pool is indoors, not an overwhelming chlorine smell when you are inside. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are going with kids and for the pool, poss. a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear zcr57:

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience and appreciate the compliments towards our bartender and staff. It is great to hear compliments and they encourage our associates here at the hotel to continue to work hard to deliver a hotel that guests feel comfortable in. Please let us know when you are visiting next and we will do our very best to make your next stay as enjoyable as the last!

Best Regards,

Janet Remalius
Pueblo, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a very nice, somewhat-updated hotel in suburban Cleveland that could go to the next level with a few more updates.

The hotel offers easy access to I-90, but is still a 25-30 minute drive from downtown Cleveland. The hotel is fairly close to the airport, but still not a short drive. There's 2 convenience stores within walking distance and several restaurants within a 10-15 minute drive.

The facility itself is pretty nice, but the carpet and plumbing fixtures look like they were installed in the 1980s. All rooms have a flat-screen TV as well as a microwave and refrigerator, which isn't something I see in every Holiday Inn.

I ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant every day I was there and was impressed with the selection the buffet offered. I had a voucher for all 3 meals, so I can't comment on the price.

The hotel bar was pretty nice but got a little crowded as more guests checked in. It had a decent selection of drinks and a great bartender.

Overall, this is a good hotel to stay at if you're attending a business function or visiting family in the Westlake or Elyria areas. But, if you need something that is closer to downtown or the airport, you might want to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a window that faces the outside of the hotel as rooms that face the inside of...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RDMGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland -West, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
zcr57,

Thank you very much for your recent posting to Trip Advisor. Our staff very much appreciates your feedback in regard to our hotel. Feedback like this assists us in ensuring that we deliver the type of service that will exceed your expectations.

I am sure that the Trip Advisor community will find your review both insightful and helpful when deciding where to book their accommodations. I am very happy to hear that you experienced great service and a multitude of options when it comes to our food and beverage choices. Please let us know when you are coming back to the area we would love to hear some more of your thoughts and experiences.

Ryan David Matlack
Assistant General Manager
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We arrived at the Holiday Inn Westlake for an overnight stay for our anniversary. When we walked in the lobby, our first thought was, "We should have brought the kids!" The large, inviting pool was in the hotel lobby. There were lounges & chairs all around. There is also a game room.

We were in a king suite which overlooked the pool. The bed was in a separate room, there was a living room with pullout sofa, table & chairs, huge bathroom (with garden tub), and the typical fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. The room looked and smelled clean & fresh.

We went shopping & had dinner at Crocker Park (<2 miles down the street). There was a movie theater there as well. We had breakfast at the hotel the next morning, the food was good, service was so-so.

Overall, we had a great stay at the Holiday Inn & we are planning to take the kids back soon!

• Stayed January 2013
RDMGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland -West, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
beachdreamers4,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Westlake. Crocker Park is a magnificent place to spend some time. Especially with the ones you love. I am glad to hear that you had such a wonderful experience on your anniversary. I am especially glad that you have chosen to bring your kids back to experience all our hotel has to offer. 2 years ago (before I worked here) I had my wedding party stay here, and we found so many fun pictures to take on the day of my wedding with all the stuff around. I know that your kids would enjoy it just as much if not more!!! I am very excited to hear that we were able to turn you into a loyal return guest. We can't wait to host you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel this month to be in town for an event in the banquet facilities, really enjoyed my stay until I ate in Corkers (the in store hotel) and the Dr. Pepper I ordered tasted like pure syrup! Other than that small thing I really enjoyed my stay, the banquet staff was very well ran, especially two of the young men In banquets who helped me find my way around the hotel! I would come back here at some point if I need to be back in the area again. Just fix your pop machine :)

• Stayed February 2013
goramsftbl,

Thank you so much for your recent contribution to the Trip Advisor community. Thank you so much for your kind words in regard to our hotel. We work very hard to keep our staff well trained and deliver consistently exceptional results. I am glad to hear that you had such a god time at your function and that are staff was able to help you navigate the building. I apologize that the mixture was off on your Dr. Pepper that evening. I have had the chef check the machine just to make sure it is functioning correctly. Next time you are in town we would be happy to provide you with exceptional beverages as well.
FAIRBORN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

A friend and I stayed at this hotel and were very pleased. The room was very clean and the front desk was very attentive.The restaurant had an excellent breakfast buffet. I would definitely would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
RDMGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland -West, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Mary M,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We truly appreciate your wonderful comments on behalf of our hotel and staff. I am very pleased to hear that you had an exceptional stay. Our staff takes much pride in providing you with accomodations and ammenities that make your day. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. We are currently re-working our menu to provide more selcetion for our guests everyday!

Thanks again for your kind words.

Ryan Matlack
Hotel Controller
Marietta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this property once at the recommendation of some co-workers. When I arrived, the outside looked decent. The moment I cleared the door it smelled like cholorine from the pool. The room was ancient, old style TV and faded dirty carpet. I was honestly scared to take my shoes off. If you need a place to stay, avoid this property. Holiday Inn is not living up to their standards with this property.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
jarid I,

I am sorry to hear that your experience with our hotel was not what you expected. I apologize if you found the accomodations to be out dated. We work very hard to ensure that our travelers (both business and leisure) have everything they need to have a comfortable and relaxing stay while they are away from home. Please know that your concerns will be addressed with our engineering staff.

Ryan Matlack
Hotel Controller

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland -West? Share your experiences!