“Not condusive to a good nights sleep” 1 of 5 stars

Holiday Inn Cleveland -West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Crocker Road, Westlake, OH 44145   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Westlake
Somers, Connecticut
“Not condusive to a good nights sleep”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The most important thing for us on a family trip is finding a location that gives us a good night sleep, and that did not happen at this location. The problems started at check in when they informed us that their key card system was not working. Every time we needed in our room, a hotel employee had to let us in. Upon entering our room the heat was set to 85*F! So we turned it down and switched the a/c on (it's Deember), but the room never got below 75*F all night. It was uncomfortable, even with no blankets! While the matress was comfortable, the only pillows in the room were small, square & lumpy, like they were stuffed with little foam cubes. As a priority club platinum member we were offered a complimentary breakfast, which was good. We took the kids to the pool in the morning, which was a little chilly, but a nice relief after having to stay in our very hot room. The hot tub was out of order, so we were unable to use it. Upon check out we shared our concerns with the front desk, we received a, "oh so sorry for that!"

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jremalius, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland -West, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Mommybird:

I am so sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay. It certainly is unacceptable that your room temperature was not comfortable and the hot tub not working. We did have the difficulty with the key machine and that has been repaired.

Please do call me at your convenience I would like to try and resolve these issues for you. We want to provide our guests with the best possible experience and it is obvious that in your case we did not. I would also like to change out those pillows in your room and so would like to know the room that you stayed in so we can fix the AC/Heater as well.

Again, my sincere apologies and I look forward to your call.

Janet Remalius, CHA
Holiday Inn Westlake, Ohio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Having traveled continuously around the world for over 20 years, I am what one would call a seasoned traveler. Never before have I been compelled to write a review for a hotel - until now. But this hotel is different. This hotel is the Holiday Inn in Westlake, OH

Having stayed here on numerous occasions, the difference at this hotel is the people. They are all warm, friendly and welcoming from the minute you walk in the door. I join numerous other "regular" guests who have shared with me the same feelings. It's like home away from home. In the spirit of acknowledging those that have made a difference during my stays, below is a list of people who I would like to extend a special "thank you" for making me feel at home:

It all starts at the front desk. Thank you Tammy, Stuart, Andrew, Adrienne, Tracey, Lauren, Kim, Rosie, Michael and Lenn. It does make a difference when you greet everyone with a friendly smile and a willingness to make their stay comfortable.

I would also like to give my thanks to the restaurant staff. Thank you all so much for your warm greetings in the morning and for helping my day get started with a smile during breakfast. Thank you Fediz, Gerrie, Karen, Sue, Andrew and April.

As for the lounge - - what can I say? It's been a pleasure to relax with the casual conversation and laughs we've enjoyed in the Corkers Lounge. Special thanks to Dana, Ted, Jen, and Andrea. Keep up the great work!

I look forward to my next visit! Have a GREAT holiday and see you all next year!

Jerry Magner

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
RDMGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland -West, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Jerry M,

Wow!!! What can I say? Thank you so much for your kind words and recognition of our staff. Our staff works very hard to bring a smile to the face of all of our guests in any way they can. We are so glad that we have been able to make you feel so at home when you are away from home.

Thank you so much for sharing your story with the community.

Ryan Matlack
Hotel Controller
Cherry Valley, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

we stayed about12 days, for my wife's appoinment at cleveland clinic. they gave us a great rate and treated us just great. will be goig back in january and will stay there again.. it is about 20 miles fron the clinic, but the drive is not bad after 10.00am, trafick wise that is, they are just so friendly. i guess if you have an earlier appointment you need to give yourself about an hour and a half thou.

Room Tip: get a room overlooking the pool area
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RDMGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland -West, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
leosee,

Thank you so much for coming back and staying with us yet again! It is great when we get to hear from guests who have made us their hotel of choice. It is even better to get great feedback about our staff!!!

I am so happy that we were able to accomodate you and your wife and make your 12 days with us a little more easier. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with the community. I am certain future readers will find your comments very helpful.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Lobby is outstanding. The indoor pool and hot tub are in the center of the hotel, reminding one of an Embassy Suites look. Check in was a breeze, followed by a phone call from the front desk clerk to make sure I was happy. Acknowledged Priority Club status and offered a free breakfast coupon for it.

Business center is large and bright offering more than one computer. It was busy when I got there.

Room was clean, offering fridge and microwave. Quiet area, with many restaurants, shops around it.

The only suggestion I have, as I am a coffee lover: Coffee should be offered in the lobby at all times (there was hot apple cider when I got there), and in the rooms, real half and half containers instead of that powdered cream in the packets would be appreciated.

Other than those small details, the hotel is beautiful, service great. You should enjoy your stay there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MiaEllinitha-USA,

Thank you so much for your recent review on TripAdvisor. It was great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. The surrounding areas filled with shops and theaters can be a real joy if you have a moment or 2 to relax.

I completely understand about the coffee. I am also a coffee fan. Nothing beats the aroma of a freshly brewed pot at 6am. We wanted to try and do something a little more festive for the holidays for our guests with the apple cider. We haven't finished combing through our feedback on that, but, I will be sure to bring up your thoughts at our next meeting. Thanks again so much for your thoughts!
Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is a nicely updated property. I found it to be better than the reviews I had read. Conveniently located right off I-90 (beware of your GPS directions, as my Garmin send me 2/10's of a mile up the street!) The free breakfast for Priority members was a nice touch. The fitness center was fine, and the room furnishings were up to snuff also. The bathroom has a nice granite sink, but there is not much room on it for your toiletries, and worse,(at least in my room) the sink faucet was set so far back that you couldn't get your hands under it! I had dinner in the bar area, and the food and service were good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
sailorjeff,

Let first start my saying, WOW!!! You really pay attention to your surroundings. That was a very thoughtful and detailed reviews. I guess I should assume as much since you are a senior contributor, and most likely, a very well versed traveler.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our property with the trip advisor community. Hopefully, we will get a chance to see you again on your next trip down Interstate 90.
Bay Village, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

After Hurricane Sandy blew through our part of Ohio, hundreds of thousands of us were without power. It didn't take long for the temperature in the house to get too chilly for our old bones, so we contacted the Holiday Inn a few miles from our house. We were able to get a room that was available near noon so we didn't have to wait until the normal check-in time of 4 PM to get warm. The desk staff was completely swamped with phones continually ringing and a line of people waiting to check in. They somehow still managed to be welcoming and pleasant and to make us feel important. Because we are Priority Club members, we received coupons for a free Breakfast Buffet each day.

Our room was clean and warm, and we were able to plug in all our electronic devices to recharge them. We enjoyed the bar soap and shampoo from Bath & Body Works in our bathroom and the flat screen TV. We were gone from the room during the day, but were very grateful for a warm and comfortable place to spend our evenings. The beds were comfortable, too, with both soft and firm pillows, labeled for our convenience.

By the time we checked in, the hotel was completely booked. Many people had children and/or pets. Staff did everything they could to accommodate each person's needs. Many children took advantage of the indoor pool and the small video arcade off the lobby. There is also a restaurant with buffets and meals from a menu, a travel agency, and a gift shop available for sundries. The manager even arranged a blood donation event with the Red Cross to help with the blood shortage created by the storm. We were very pleased with our experience at the Holiday Inn and would not hesitate to go there again during an emergency.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
jremalius, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland -West, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear busybabe555:

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful comments. I will be sure to share them with our Holiday Inn associates. I hope that your next visit will be purely for fun and not due to any emergencies! We know that our guests have many choices in lodging and it is great to know that you will choose us again in the future.

Best Regards,
Janet Remalius, CHA
Bay Village, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were victims of Hurricane Sandy and lost power for six days. We turned to the Holiday Inn in Westlake. They welcomed us, along with many many families from BayVillage. They went out of their way to make us all welcome and to ease to frustrations everyone was experiencing. They accomodated pets and tons of children who would normally be in school. Their patience, respect and compassion made a difficult situation a very fine memory. We salute the entire staff!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Barbara W,

Thank you so much for your recent review on TripAdvisor. Hurricane Sandy was something that effected all of us. Most employees of the hotel lost power during this time too. So, it was with that in mind that we did our best to make everyone's time of strife as easy and calming as possible. Thank you for your kind words. Hopefully we will be able to host a friend, colleague, or family member now that your power has been restored!

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland -West? Share your experiences!