“Excellent Italian Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Frederick, Maryland
“Excellent Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Great service. Wait staff was super friendly. The portions were large (even the dinner salads!). We received our food quickly, it was hot and delicious. The prices were reasonable. The tuxedo cheesecake dessert was out of this world.

Visited July 2014

Westlake, Ohio
“An Italian place that lacks in flavor shouldn't be allowed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Maybe I have just ordered the wrong thing the two different times I have come here.

Cannelloni was fine, but I felt like it was overpriced and similar to a frozen dish I get at Wal-Mart for $3.

I got a chicken salad once too. Basically they give you a head of lettuce with a few toppings. I like plenty of toppings and this place did not deliver. VERY bland and unappetizing.

My boyfriend's family loves this place but I can't bring myself to come back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rocky River, OH
“Perhaps we were there on an off day..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I unfortunately cannot agree with previous reviewers who raved about this restaurant.

We went for a late lunch around 2:30 pm and walked in to one couple who was leaving and 6 dirty, uncleared tables. We sat at the only 4 top, clean table we could find.

There was one server and perhaps it is just me, but I don't believe the wait staff should be dressed in stretch pants, ugg boots, and hoodies. She was very prompt and friendly but didn't write down our order which led to her returning to our table to confirm something (to her defense, the stretch pants didn't really have any pockets where she could put a pen or paper).

Now I realize that something unexpected could have happened; perhaps someone called off and this gal came in at a moments notice to help out. It would explain a lot. But then I had the pasta.

We ordered the lunch special of rigatoni with sauce which included salad and a roll with butter. It was only $5.00 which I thought to be a great price..and for that I did expect the bagged, institutional, iceberg salad mix. But the sauce on the pasta was another story - we could not place the odd flavor in the sauce. It was like cinnamon or nutmeg (which may have been fine) but it was overloaded with it. It was the strangest sauce either of us had ever tasted.

The chicken parmesan sandwich was good, breading was light and tasty and chicken wasn't dry. It was priced at $8.00 for only the sandwich on a plate with nothing else. I think some type of garnish (lettuce, tomato, onion) or a side should have been included.

The other odd thing was the music. I'm sure it was intended to be classic, instrumental music. The only thing I could think of was "funeral home" music - and it was being played fairly loud. The server did not return to ask how our meal was, so I never got a chance to ask to turn it down. She was busy clearing all those dirty tables.

Sorry to say this was a one-and-done trip. Despite living close by, I don't think we will give this one another visit.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Get the TOSCA!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very good. I like all their Chicken and Veal dishes. Tasty wines to pair with your meal. Pasta is always donr correctly. They know how to use Garlic Lemon and butter. MMMMMMM

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“One of our favorite dinning spots.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Frankie's has the best chicken piccata I've ever had. The restaurant is small, but the patio in season is great. Service is timely and welcoming. One of Westlake's best kept secrets.

Visited September 2013