“Great for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Westlake/Cleveland

You added Super 8 Westlake/Cleveland to your Saves list
Super 8 Westlake/Cleveland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25200 Sperry Road, I-90 Exit 159, Westlake, OH 44145 (Formerly Cross Country)   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Westlake
Chicago
“Great for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Features good: separate bed lights, sm pool, brkfst.
Bathroom door needs fixing. Pleasant, convenient

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Springfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The first was 4/2013 and the 2nd time i stayed at this hotel 5/2013 i had to be moved to another room the, 1st time the toilet was stopped up and i called the front desk to complain about that , The front desk clerk sent a maintenance man to plunge the toilet. Toilet is working fine a couple hours later the same thing again toilet stopped up again i asked if i could get another room. the second time i stayed the tub was stopped up and i had to be moved again to another room. On 6/7/2013 i checked in to this motel at about 1:13pm. Between 3-4pm there was a man standing infront of my motel window. I thought the motel had mistakenly rented this room to other patrons. I walked over to the window and tapped on the window there was another man standing at the door and inserting a key card in to the door. the Man at the door said open this door and showed me a badge a detective. There was 2 of them and then i saw a police officer standing outside on the side of the building. He then asked me why i was there? And i replied that i was there because my boyfriend was working in the cleveland area and i come to spend time with him over the weekend. And then they asked me if they could search my room. And i was horrified to find out why they were searching my room. i asked why would yall be here,what is this about. And they told me that the st time i stayed at this motel what the maintenance man pulled out of the stopped up toilet looked like what people discard while making Meth. I was in udder shock. I can't believe any of this was happening.I can't believe the motel Gm gave them a key card to my room like i had commited some type of crime. I am not a criminal and have never been in any kind of trouble. I'm not a drug dealer and i am not a prosititute. i tryed to get my money back so i could go to another hotel. Was told i would have had to asked for my money back 30 to 45 min after checking into the hotel. I checked out of that place fast i won't ever stay there again. It is run down and dirty food behind the bedside tables and something always stopped up. The customer service is really not the best. I am seeking Legal consultation for defamation of character.

Room Tip: If you want to save $20.00 go to super 8 Westlake/coupons.com i won't stay there ever but if som...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bayside, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Okay so it's not the Waldorf. Hummm! It's a two star motel. Since I travel on business and this trip was on a budget, I chose this motel expecting a nightmare. However, not here. I was pleasantly surprised for $317 bucks for 5 nights including taxes (much less than a three star and up) the condition and cleanliness of this place. Fine it's not million dollar furniture nor state of the art stuff. It is a very nice place for the money.
Helloooooo! They say you get way you pay for. Well I think in this case comparing with other 2 or even 3 star places you get more for your money.
Finally, the people are very nice, the breakfast room had newspapers on every table and the free waffles made my stay enjoyable. Would I come back here when on a budget, yes I would.....

• Stayed June 2013
Rollinsford, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our first impression was a dirty door with rubber stripping hanging loose in the doorframe. The carpet was filthy with food crumbs and sunflower seeds on the floor around the bed. I pulled out the nightstands a few inches and found months of food debris, peanut shells, a ladies hair band, dust balls and dirt all over. There was a 1 inch wide brown spot on the bedsheet. The fan in the bathroom was not working. The hot and cold controls for the shower were plumbed backwards, hot gave cold and vice versa. There were big diagonal lines across every tv channel which is a sign of a bad coax cable connection which could be easily fixed by a cable technician. The coffeemaker was covered with weeks worth of dust, the carafe was not cleaned well, and when I ran clean water through it for tea, the water came out brown. I walked into the lobby at 5:50 AM and the man barked at me rudely that they were closed and to come back at 6 (he was referring to the continental breakfast setup). I told him I just wanted a cup of coffee (which is available 24 hours) and he said OK. No smile, no friendliness. I walked in to check out, said good morning to the lady at the counter and she ignored me. I said I wanted to check out and all she said, quite gruffly, was "want a receipt?". I said yes, she handed me the receipt without even looking at me and walked away. I asked her if there was anything else. She said no. I told her I still had the 2 key cards. She just snatched them out of my hand and walked awaw again, apparently angry about something. No thank you or any other conversation. This hotel does not deserve our business. Avoid it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Westlake/Cleveland? Share your experiences!