“Dont Stay Here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Westlake/Cleveland

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Westlake/Cleveland to your Saves list
Super 8 Westlake/Cleveland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25200 Sperry Road, I-90 Exit 159, Westlake, OH 44145 (Formerly Cross Country)   |
Ranked #8 of 9 hotels in Westlake
Rollinsford, New Hampshire
“Dont Stay Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our first impression was a dirty door with rubber stripping hanging loose in the doorframe. The carpet was filthy with food crumbs and sunflower seeds on the floor around the bed. I pulled out the nightstands a few inches and found months of food debris, peanut shells, a ladies hair band, dust balls and dirt all over. There was a 1 inch wide brown spot on the bedsheet. The fan in the bathroom was not working. The hot and cold controls for the shower were plumbed backwards, hot gave cold and vice versa. There were big diagonal lines across every tv channel which is a sign of a bad coax cable connection which could be easily fixed by a cable technician. The coffeemaker was covered with weeks worth of dust, the carafe was not cleaned well, and when I ran clean water through it for tea, the water came out brown. I walked into the lobby at 5:50 AM and the man barked at me rudely that they were closed and to come back at 6 (he was referring to the continental breakfast setup). I told him I just wanted a cup of coffee (which is available 24 hours) and he said OK. No smile, no friendliness. I walked in to check out, said good morning to the lady at the counter and she ignored me. I said I wanted to check out and all she said, quite gruffly, was "want a receipt?". I said yes, she handed me the receipt without even looking at me and walked away. I asked her if there was anything else. She said no. I told her I still had the 2 key cards. She just snatched them out of my hand and walked awaw again, apparently angry about something. No thank you or any other conversation. This hotel does not deserve our business. Avoid it.

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Little Falls
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

when I got to my room one bed was half way made then the other wasn't made at all. I only had a dish towel for at bath towel. we drive truck and we were out of hours so we had to stay there. when I talked to the front desk person the nexted morning about this he just didn't care the way it seemed to me. I will never stay there again and I will bad mouth it to everyone I know. I travel a lot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Saginaw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed with my 95 year old mother in a handicap accessible room. The staff was so helpful and even checked out the condition of the room prior to my arrival as I had to take a smoking room. We were so glad to have it. We couldn't even tell anyone had been smoking in there. It was very clean and I felt very comfortable having my mother there. The staff and housekeeping personel were thoughtful, kind and patient. The made us feel very welcome. We would stay here again. Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Bay City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our motel room was very, very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We were a little apprehensive about staying at an unfamiliar location but were very pleased. We were in Cleveland for my grandaughter's graduation and just hated to pay over a hundred dollars a night. My daughter in law suggested this Super 8 and we saved almost $50.00. Texted her as soon as we got in the room and let her know. They are pet friendly and we could have brought our dog. They have a nice area out back where we could let him stretch his legs. It was worth being a few miles out of Cleveland. We will stay here again and would recommend.
My thanks to the staff for a job well done.
David H

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Westlake/Cleveland? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Westlake/Cleveland

Address: 25200 Sperry Road, I-90 Exit 159, Westlake, OH 44145 (Formerly Cross Country)
Location: United States > Ohio > Westlake
Ranked #8 of 9 hotels in Westlake
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Westlake/Cleveland 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Super 8 Westlake/Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Westlake/Cleveland Hotel Westlake
Super Eight Westlake
Westlake Super 8
Westlake Super Eight
Super 8 Westlake/Cleveland Ohio

If you own or manage Super 8 Westlake/Cleveland, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.