“Great Westlake option” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Westlake
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Great Westlake option”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

We stayed one night only but were very happy with the experience. I chose it to get a reasonably priced suite with a separate bedroom - my boyfriend stays up much later than me watching TV and I needed sleep. I didn't realize the hotel is geared toward extended stays, I'm guessing mainly for medical reasons, which made it feel a little homier and a bit like a rehab facility and really comfy.

The 1BR suite was huge and fully handicap accessible. It had a kitchenette with microwave, fridge, dishwasher, dishes, etc. Big bathroom with lots of hand bars. The AC/heat unit was a bit loud but not overly so.

The breakfast room was bright and cheerful and a great perk. The young woman at the front desk could not have been nicer. We called on the way from the airport at about 930p to ask if area restaurants would still be open and she checked a bunch for closing times. As it turned out, our choices were a bit limited that late on a Sunday so she was a great help.

We ended up at Hooleys which I think is a local favorite and a two minute walk from the hotel. Kind of a roadhouse with good pub food. A bit loud and dark but we were too hungry to care.

Folks should be aware that the hotel is long rather than tall - like a cruise ship - so there can be a bit of walking to/from the lobby. Good exercise for us but others might want to be closer. The front desk girl did ask about room preferences but we didn't have any at check in time.

They work with a cab driver named Danny who also was exceptionally kind to us the next morning. He took us to an appt and then to the airport for a good price. We kept his phone number for future reference.

Room Tip: We had room 228 which was great but a bit of a walk to the lobby and breakfast room.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
GM_Erica, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, March 9, 2015
Dear jody02145,

Erica Todhunter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Somerville, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

The hotel is a little dated but very clean and they offer free breakfast and wifi. All rooms have a kitchen. Only an outdoor pool but guests can use the indoor pool at the courtyard, which is right next door. The gym is small, one 2 machine and some dumbells.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
GM_Erica, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, January 19, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate guest feedback and strive to ensure we are offering the best possible service and accommodations for all our guests. Thank you for sharing your experiences. You are correct, the pool at the TownePlace Suites is outdoor, however as you mentioned, guests of the TownePlace Suites Westlake may enjoy the indoor pool at Courtyard. In addtion to the pool guests may enjoy the fitness center at the Courtyard. I am hopeful to have you as our guest again in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your stay at Courtyard Marriott Westlake. I can be reached at 440-871-3756.

Sincere thanks,
Erica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2015

If I was only reviewing the rooms... the review would be stellar. There were 5 of us in our party, hotel rooms can be 'very cramped' to say the least. But, this room was more like a condo! A full kitchen with new appliances, living room, and 2 separate bedrooms. The beds were sooooo comfortable!! Now for the down side, we came in late and were from out of town, there was road construction going on, so this place was nearly impossible to get too. The girl in the office never explained exactly which building our room was in, so hauling 3 kids and luggage around in the freezing cold, way after midnight was not pleasant. We ended up in 3 different buildings before we found ours. (the set-up is strange) There was a HORRIBLE food smell permeating through the hallway and it was lingering in our room. This is a pet-friendly hotel-- I'm fine with that, but, literally EVERY guest had dogs... that were barking.... ALL through the night. The price is fair for the size of the room. Families would not need to purchase adjoining rooms.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I would like to capture additional information from you regarding your stay. Unfortunately we do not have separate guest room buildings. Perhaps you have the stayed at a different hotel in the area? We value any and all input from our guests. Please feel free to contact me, Erica Todhunter General Manager to discuss further.
Nixa, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2014

First things first, there were a few bumps in my road. I had asked in my reservation, plus called in to be placed near an exit. I was near the exit for the lobby, which meant that every time I had to take my dogs out, I either had to go through people checking in, or down a VERY long hallway shaped like an L to get outside. Not very fun to do with a 14 year old dog, and 5 month old dog. My room was clean, bed was fantastic, cleaning staff was great. Front desk staff was very sweet and patient, except for one woman that I will not name. The door to room 103 sticks, so its difficult to open, and does not close all the way behind you. It sticks on the carpet. Needless to say, after arriving back to my room from a full Christmas day, and 5-6 year old girl was in my room asking to "pet the puppies." The door had to be pulled shut. This was an inconvenience when your trying to get in and out with dogs trying to follow you. Otherwise, great stay and I will come back .

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
GM_Erica, Manager at TownePlace Suites Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, January 2, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your Christmas stay with us. I am deeply sorry to hear there were so many inconveniences during your stay. Our goal is to exceed every guests expectations. It seems we have fallen short of this and we absolutely appreciate all your feedback. I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team members.

I would like to encourage you to contact Erica Todhunter, General Manager, to further discuss your stay with us. 440-871-3756

Kind Regards,
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014 via mobile

We found this hotel in the suburbs of Cleveland by chance. It was in a very leafy and peaceful area. Next to the park and ride to downtown. It was an easy 20 min drive to downtown for sightseeing. Being out of town it did not carry the big ticket prices of downtown hotels. It was clean, comfortable with very friendly staff. There were plenty of nearby stores and resteraunts. It was great after a busy day downtown to come back and relax.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_Erica, Manager at TownePlace Suites Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, December 4, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent feedback. We value all of our guests comments! I am so glad you had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to the Cleveland Westlake area!

Warm Regards,

Courtyard & TownePlace Suites Westlake
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

The property is just fine. The room was good size and had what you would expect from this class of hotel. Couple of small issues. First, the common areas feel really small and tight. From the lobby, to the hallways, workout room and breakfast area. Every place feels like a closet.

The staff was friendly. The location was fine. Just felt tight.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent feedback for your visit to TownePlace Suites Westlake. We appreciate all comments and feedback as we strive to ensure all our guests have a wonderful experience. I am sorry we fell short of your expectations and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Please feel free to contact Erica Todhunter, General Manager, to further discuss your stay.

Warm Regards

TownePlace Suites Westlake
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

I stayed last night at the TownePlace Suites in Westlake in a queen studio room. The room was very spacious and clean. Having a fridge was great, although we didn't use any of the other kitchen amenities. The front desk staff was very helpful - even offering to get bananas for my son when I commented that he couldn't eat the apples that were out because of his braces. We had dinner at Carabba's which is right around the corner, and then headed to Dave & Busters, which is located nearby. Our room card provided $10 off for Dave & Busters game card - which was a fun way to spend an evening. Definitely would stay again based on convenience and service provided.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your recent feedback! I am so pleased that you were able to enjoy all of our amenities. We strive to exceed all of our guests expectations. I will pass along your high praises to our front desk staff! We look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to the Cleveland Westlake area!

Thanks again,

TownePlace Suites Westlake

Been to TownePlace Suites Cleveland Westlake? Share your experiences!