“A bit dated” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Westlake
Nanuet, New York
“A bit dated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

This might have been hot stuff back in 1983, but it really hasn't changed since then. I could see some sort of rotted wood trim on the outside of our building the night we came, and the next morning, there were other signs of exterior deterioriation.

The staff must work very hard to keep the place clean, because it was impeccable. There were some nice touches, like the gas fireplace (great for a chilly winter's night) and the provided bag of microwave popcorn. But the microwave looks like it was from 1977, with a timer dial as the only working control, the power dial just spun helplessly when I tried to crank up the power for the corn.

You know those nice pillow top mattresses you expect to get at a $100 a night property these days? Don't expect one here. Also, my suggestion to them is to get fitted sheets that actually fit. I suppose the problem was that the bed advertised as a king sized bed was not really a full king (had just slept on two the previous couple of nights at other properties) and all they could find was regular king sheets to put on them.

Still, like I said, it was clean, and quiet, except for the people stomping up the stairs after a Saturday night of fun on the town. I'll try to remember to stay at places that have elevators to get people between floors, or at least get a room away from the stairs. No chance of doing that here, your front door is never more than a few feet away from a stairway.

I think that for the money spent, I might have been able to do better elsewhere.

Room Tip: I'd say that all rooms here seem pretty much the same. The only difference is stairs, if you ca...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Shelburne, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Residence Inn last weekend while visiting our daughter who attends Oberlin College. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the suites very spacious with a lovely working gas fire place. The close proximity to Crocker Park was a big plus. The only draw back was having to walk outside on the snowy mornings to get to breakfast. However, the dining room is very nice with lots of windows. The choices of food were also very good. We plan to stay here again on our next visit. Great value and great time.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

We were visiting my sister for the holidays and needed somewhere pet friendly to stay right before Christmas. Staff was consistently friendly and accomodating (we asked for a little extra time to check-out on Christmas Eve and even though they were booked solid, the gal at the desk told us to take an extra hour). The breakfast was hot and yummy, the rooms were clean and the grounds were very nice. They even offered us a free beverage or snack from their lobby "convenience store" upon our check-in. I got the idea to stay here after my in-laws were in Westlake for a visit a couple years ago and they said great things about it. Now, I won't stay anywhere else when I go back to Westlake. Great value for a great stay!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

In town to attend training at a local company. First off, Lisa at the front desk had a goody bag for us with snacks and had hot soup waiting for us. She gave us the penthouse suites which had lofts, two bedrooms and two bathrooms. My suite had 3 flatscreen TV's!! Kitchen had everything needed for a one week stay. Breakfast provided every morning along with USA today. This hotel even provided a snack in preparation for our test on Friday morning. Everyone was so polite from the shuttle drivers to the staff to the front desk staff. I would stay again. Husband drove up from Baltimore Tuesday and he loved the suite as well. Thanks for providing a comfortable environment in which to study.

Room Tip: Choose the penthouse if you will be studying
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011 via mobile

Went to visit a local company. Nice location, close to a nearby mall. Awful , outdated hotel with poor locks on the doors, rusty sinks, gross kitchen & not clean. Toothpaste spit on faucet and food & dirty boxers in the bed. Left & moved to another hotel. Yuck

• Stayed December 2010
Cumming, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is the typical facility for long term hotel stays. The rooms are clean, but the facilities is beginning to show it's age. Would say this is a lower end of the spectrum for a Marriott property. I stay here about once per month and the staff has always been friendly. Because I am a Marriott rewards member, sometimes they recognize this and give me an upgrade to a nicer room. It does have an apartment look and feel and the fireplace is great in the winter.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Manchester, New Hampshire, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

This was my family's first trip to Ohio, we were visiting Cedar Point, and I didn't like any of the hotels in the Sandusky area, too pricy, or not to my liking. This hotel was easy to find, close to a mall/business district, and just a little more than 1/2 hour from Cedar Point and Cleveland. It was very clean, and large enough for my family of 5 to all share. I will say the bathroom, toilet, shower area, is way too small. You could barely close the door when using the toilet. The sink, mirror area was outside of the bathroon area which was helpful, but the toilet area was very small. They served breakfast in the morning, but we never tried it as they stopped serving at 9:00am, and after late nights, it was hard to get up in the morning. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The only problem we had was our rooms door did not lock properly, and the added swing bolt was busted. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in this area with family. If we ever head in this direction again we'll stay here, rather than the overpriced sandusky area hotels.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Cleveland Westlake? Share your experiences!