“Shared facilities have been updated, now it's time to update the rooms.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Cleveland Westlake

You added Courtyard Cleveland Westlake to your Saves list
Courtyard Cleveland Westlake
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25050 Sperry Drive, I-90 & Columbia, Westlake, OH 44145   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Westlake
St. Louis
“Shared facilities have been updated, now it's time to update the rooms.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I checked in and had high hopes for this hotel. The lobby area has obviously been updated recently, but I was disappointed when I got to my room. The room is very outdated - the bathroom tile is pink and cracked in a few places, the bedding isn't very comfortable (just a thin quilt, no comforter). I wouldn't stay here agaiin.

• Stayed September 2013
GM_Erica, Manager at Courtyard Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear AmyLou812,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We take your comments seriously as they are the only way to improve on the experience of our valued guests. We are scheduled to undergo renovations in November of 2013. We hope that you will come back and see the beautiful rooms! Please feel free to contact us if you would like to speak with someone about your recent visit.

Erica Todhunter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Oakland Gardens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend as part of a block of rooms for a relative's wedding. The room was wonderful, clean and updated. The water was always hot, great thing. Only complaint is that the sink/mirror area gets no air conditioning due to room configuration so it was pretty warm while trying to use that part of the room to prepare for the wedding. Could also not find an outlet near the only other mirror in the room, above the dresser/tv/microwave, to plug in the hair dryer to style my hair so had to do so at the sink area. But, as far as the stay, it was great!!! Price of food at the restaurant was a bit high, even for a New Yorker.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GM_Erica, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear ritajkim,

We are happy that you had such a great time with us and hope the wedding was great fun! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Erica Todhunter,
Northampton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel is right off I 90 and is clean with great beds and linens for a basic solid good sleep. Showers are also really good. I felt like this room was really clean too. If you are traveling on I90 and going through Cleveland looking for a good place you will be happy you got a room. Staff were nice and friendly- easy to access and just a basically great sleep on a nice clean bed.

Room Tip: get there early because all along 90 these rooms fill up early.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear therese36,

We are happy to know that you had such a wonderful time! We are scheduled to begin updating our rooms November 2013. We hope to have the pleasure of showing them to you when they are complete.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was our first time staying in this hotel. Our checkin was very quick and everyone seemed to be very organized. The lobby was nice and clean. When we reached the hall to our room, there was a strong odor (smelled like cleaning products). It smelled the same way in our room, but we didn't notice it as much the longer we were there. Our room was quiet (3rd floor), but you the interstate traffic noise was very loud throughout the night (our room faced the road). Overall, a nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Indiana_Kristen_1,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you every have need to stay in the area again we hope to have the opportunity to serve you!

Erica Todhunter,
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was an overnight stay on our way home. Honestly, I'm not sure that we've ever stayed in the Courtyard brand of the Marriott chain, but this particular Courtyard by Marriott is extremely unimpressive. And I am not looking to be impressed by a hotel room, but I do not expect to see several extremely obvious stains on the hallway carpets, sheer drapes with rips on the windows in our room, tired looking furniture, and rude treatment by someone serving (a very mediocre) breakfast. I am given to understand that the hotel rooms are due to be redecorated toward the end of the year. This is a good thing, as it desperately needs updating and modernizing. I can't believe that the Marriott chain would allow a hotel to be in the state that we found this one to be.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Erica, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland Westlake, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear MDTravelers60,

I sincerelly apologize for your less than perfect stay. I would like to assure you that your stay was not typical of the Courtyard brand. We are scheduled to begin a total remodel of our guest rooms at the end of this year. This will provide a beautiful product for our guests to enjoy. Thank you for your review. It is only through our guests eyes that we can learn how to be our best.

North Olmsted, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My room had an excellent view, very comfortable bed, excellent housekeeping staff, and a front desk that took care of my questions immediately. I could not ask for any better hotel at which to stay over a period of time. The Bistro staff was very friendly, and quite skilled in preparing food that was quite tasty. I have been treated very well by the Courtyard Westlake management and staff, and would most certainly recommend this hotel to friends and I would stay hear again without question.

Room Tip: Tell them what you want and you will most likely be happy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear HoratioTork,

It was our pleasure to have you with us. We hope to see you again sometime soon! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to serve you in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

From the first experience checking in to departure, this hotel is exceptional... I stay here often, and the reason I keep coming back is the people… Front desk staff morning and afternoon, service staff in the bistro... These people all project the feelings of welcome and how can I help you?

• Stayed June 2013
Dear 55555Aj,
We are happy that we had the opportunity to care for you during your stay! We hope to see you again soon!

Erica Todhunter

Been to Courtyard Cleveland Westlake? Share your experiences!