“Convenience That I needed but at what cost” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Cleveland Westlake

You added Courtyard Cleveland Westlake to your Saves list
Courtyard Cleveland Westlake
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25050 Sperry Drive, I-90 & Columbia, Westlake, OH 44145   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Westlake
Lewisville, Texas
“Convenience That I needed but at what cost”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011 via mobile

I needed a place to stay that was close to my work site and this Courtyard fit the bill. I made my reservations approximately 4-6 weeks prior to my stay. I checked in late on a Monday evening and things seemed ok except that I was in an accessible room and I didn't have a frig in the room as requested. I was here for an extended stay so I was put on a list to get a frig when one was available. I asked to be moved to a regular room when one was available and was told they were sold out and that it wouldn't happen. When I asked how my breakfast that was included in my rate would be handled (usually with a coupon), that was initially denied to be included. I questioned this decision and after "researching" it, they agreed that it was included. That was the only excellent part of my stay here--the staff were great and the food was good as well.
I was working nights so I slept during the day and the room was fine--I was able to darken the room well. Now housekeeping service was different. My room was only cleaned twice during my 8 night stay and I had to stay up until 845 one morning and 900 the other morning to accommodate their work schedule. I have been told by management since my stay that they have a plan to handle situations like mine in the future.
In the end, I didn't feel like my platinum status was acknowledged at all by this Courtyard, certainly not the norm I was used to with Marriott. BTW, I did get a frig on Saturday after I went back to the front desk to inquire about the status of my earlier request.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I have kids, grown and not, in nearby Rocky River, and have stayed in this area for a number of years. I've always avoided this Courtyard in favor of the Town Place Suites behind it, or the Residence Inn one stop west. This time, I decided to pay to get a real breakfast, and for the ease of just walking down the hall to get it. And it was worth it. Fresh omelets on the spot and nice accompaniments, including, unbelievably PLAIN Dannon yogurt. Quite a treat for one who doesn't really like finding sugar in everything! And this is the first time I have found this on the road -- all the comforts of home! And yes, beyond breakfast, the rooms are clean and up do date, the TV was flat-screened, and the people were chipper and friendly! I'll stay here from now on when I visit those kids!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

This is a well run and friendly facility. It is my hotel of choice when visiting the far west side suburbs of Cleveland along the I-90 corridor. In typical Courtyard fashion, a good breakfast if offered for a small fee. Rooms have only free wired high-speed Internet. Lobby has free wireless Internet. With the growing popularity of Wi-Fi devices, it would be a plus if this hotel also provided Wi-Fi for the guest rooms.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011 via mobile

This hotel is in desperate need of updating. Beds are comfortable, but rooms are not well lit and furnishings are outdated and in disrepair in some rooms. Vents in bathrooms are not clean and I had wallpaper coming off the wall in my bathroom. Grill in restaurant needs to be replaced or resurfaced, because items cooked on it come off consistently with a brown scarring no matter how much cooking spray is used.

• Stayed August 2011
Willoughby, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I have always been a fan of Courtyard hotels but rarely get to stay at them because of the price. Since I had $100 in gift certificates for Marriott I only ended up paying 30 dollars...which was an amazing deal. The hotel is really nice. When you walk in the lobby is fancy and big. Also, there is an area on the side where you can use the computer if you didn't bring your own.
The front desk staff were extremely polite. They offer you rooms with balconies for no extra charge.. which was really nice because the weather was great when we went. When we got to our room we were happy with what we received. The room was spacious, a little bit bigger than normal (cheaper) hotels. The bathroom, bedding, and everything else was very clean.
Pretty much the only thing that went wrong was that when we got to our room they forgot to give us a remote for our tv. I just called the front desk and they had one delivered. No big deal at all. For anyone looking for something to do for entertainment...there is a Dave and Busters about 2 minutes away. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good nite stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony!! It is no extra charge!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
New York in Route to Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Got a room on Priceline for $55 for one night and they when I saw what hotel we "won" I did the usual and checked out trip advisor. After reading some of the recent reviews I was worried about what hotel we ended up with. Well after we got there, had a wonderful gal check us in and got our exact needs taken care of (asked to be put in a quiet area) by putting us on the top floor the furthest away from any other guests, ice machine and elevator. We needed to get a good sleep in for our next day at Cedar Point. After the checkin went flawless then it was the worried two minute trip up to out room and what were we in for. Well we were in for a very clean room! Honestly this is exactly what I would expect for a 3 star hotel! It couldn't have been better!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
columbus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

Everything was alright until our group of 5 adults was kicked out of the pool like we were children. Fornt Desk Associate quit literally banged on the surrounding glass wall (indoor pool) and made the universal thumb gesture of "get the h*ll out" before coming into the room and yelling at us to leave.
Oh, and they charged my card a total of $554.87 for a 2 night stay with a rate of $89.99...
The final price was $206.94.
They also charged me $89.00, $117.94, and $140.00. All seperately, and hopefully all being removed from my account soon.
So, unless you have at least 3X the amount of your Rate per night, I wouldn't stay here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Cleveland Westlake? Share your experiences!