“Awesome experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Columbus, Ohio
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

What a great diner with a small-town atmosphere!! My husband and I had heard of this place for a while and finally stopped -- so glad we did! We sat at the counter and engaged in some fun banter with the employees. Food was good -- would recommend the turkey reuben. Mary Ann, the cook, was a blast. Very down-to-earth, family atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fresno, Ohio
“Hidden, no-frills diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This isn't a 5 star restaurant in downtown Westerville, it's hidden on a side street in a strip mall, putting out large platters of simple food. Their breakfast platters, as well as sandwich platters, are filling. We both ate for under $20. Their hours are limited to breakfast-lunch. Seating is limited and tight with friendly servers. It was fun to watch the cooking staff prepare the food (you can even sit at the counter).

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Pretty good. Disappointing Hash.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This place is a pretty serviceable diner. The food was good, generally speaking. What you'd expect from a diner. My disappointment was in the corned beef hash. I'm a bit of a connoisseur of corned beef hash (if there can be such a thing) and I thought the hash here at The Best was just ok. The potato chunks were too big and while having very nice corned beef in there, the chunks were too big as well. The flavor was just ok. I was expecting more from a place with such hyped corned beef hash.

Coffee was good and plentiful. Eggs and other food was just fine.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I read the positive reviews for this restaurant and so was looking forward to a better than average experience during my recent visit to Columbus. I was accompanied by my wife who ordered pancakes and bacon, and I, the corned beef hash and eggs.

I was particularly disappointed with the corn beef hash that enjoyed great reviews from a number of patrons. Chunks of potato cooked with chunks of meat and onions was not my idea of a breakfast hash. The order was generous in size but lacking in texture and flavor. The toast, made from home made bread, was burned on the edges and somewhat greasy. The eggs were fine, but unremarkable - what can you say about fried eggs.

My wife had a huge pancake with a side of bacon. The pancake was very good and one was more than she could eat. The bacon, not so good - flabby and greasy tasting.

The coffee was good, the place was clean and the staff was efficient and friendly. All and all somewhat disappointing.

Columbus, Ohio
“Friendly & Good Food Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This restaurant is one you Need to look for to find it. The restaurant was on a PBS show, but, I did not know that before I went there. Friends told me I had to eat there. We meet there at least once a week. The food is plentiful & fresh. Know for their Omelets. Open for breakfast & lunch only. Everything is fresh. The servers are always right there & cheerful. Locals, frequent visitors & repeaters are there. I would tell everyone to go there. ALOT of food for very little. A good place to seek out.

• Visited November 2012