“Great lunch spot!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, French
CMH
“Great lunch spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

The food is good, especially the Black Bean Rice Pot, and the prices are reasonable. It is very small but they seem to move people in and out with no problem. Very clean and neat. It has become a "regular spot" for lunch.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Columbus, Ohio
“Good Chinese in Westerville!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

My husband and I have gotten take-out twice and have also had lunch here twice (we've been on a chinese food kick lately, I guess!). The dine-in only Rice Pots are very good and the lunch prices are very reasonable. We liked the Hoison Duo and the Green Bean Rice Pots. The lunch Lunch Rice Pots also come with a Spring Roll (maybe the Dinner Rice Pots do too, I'm just not sure). My husband was a fan of their Spring Rolls, but I was not. We've also tried the Happy Family and the Triple Delight. These dishes were good, but we wished we would've stuck with the Rice Pots. One thing I thought was weird was that they use canned mushrooms in their dishes. I thought all chinese food places use fresh mushrooms?

For our take-out orders, we've gotten the House Fried Rice and the House Lo Mein and we really like it. Although I thought it was weird they use two different size shrimp in the two dishes. We've also tried their Crab Rangoon (good), Sesame Chicken Wings (these were OK... I liked that they were really crispy, but really saucey; I didn't like that the chicken tasted a little old, like they refried old chicken wings).

We really like Q2 Bistro, but we find their food is hit or miss. We either really really like something, or not at all. I guess we like it enough to keep going back!

The customer service is very good and the restaurant is always very clean.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“High quality Chinese food at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Great food, great service, good prices, and an extensive menu. What more could you ask for?

We have been frequenting this restaurant for several years now and have never been disappointed. The number one positive? High-quality, fresh ingredients. The shrimp are large and juicy. The steak is tender. The chicken never has any gristle. Top quality all around.

Prices are not cheap, but I wouldn't consider them expensive, either. They are very reasonable for this quality of food.

We have tried a variety of dishes and rarely been disappointed. The only time I recall being less than satisfied is when we ordered a dish with the imitation crab, and yet the crab was the only thing bad in the dish! They have a few unique items like the Black Bean Fish Fillet which is one of our favorites. Steamed Chinese broccoli covered with delicious pieces of steamed fish and black bean sauce. And if you like the black bean sauce, there is also Black Bean Ho Fun which pairs the sauce with wide, thick rice noodles and meat. Delicious.

Beware that while the interior is classy and serene, it is a bit small which give the impression of a more casual eatery. However, just about anything but the most casual dress is appropriate.

Whether you are dining in or taking out, Q2 Bistro is worth a try!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Very Good Chinese Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We have dined @ Q2 on multiple occasions. We have never been disappointed. We have found the Thai noodle and Chinese items to be very good. Portion size is more than sufficient to be enjoyed again the next day. We find pricing to be average when portion size is taken into account.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Westerville, Ohio
“Great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

We go about 3 times a month and enjoy their food. Lo Mein is awesome and yes try the rice pots

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere