“CLUCKER'S HOUSE of WINGS EVEN THE COLONEL WOULD LOVE IT” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 110 Restaurants in Westerville
Cuisines: American
Aspen, Colorado
“CLUCKER'S HOUSE of WINGS EVEN THE COLONEL WOULD LOVE IT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

FIRST: It took so long to get approval to write this CLUCKER'S review and I have traveled thousands of miles, since, I have lost the names of the 2 great young ladies who bartend there.
THEY ARE AN INTGREGAL PART OF WHY CLUCKER'S IS A MUST STOP IN WESTERVILLE.
They each have dreams and plans and work smart and hard to earn their money & tips in order to reach those dreams and goals. They'll serve you well-make you laugh and want to return.
CLUCKER'S HOW (House of Wings) is one of those "OOPS What is this?" types of locals places
Trying of larger, yet nice "name" downtown Westerville places one night, I began to meander.
I was about 33 steps off Westerville Rd (main drag) onto E Main and this vamp dressed in a green sign of a dress with white trim bearing the name "CLUCKER'S House of Wings", lured me inside with her aromas of fresh wings, interesting sauce aromas and lots of laughter from the 5 stool bar.
CLUCKER'S is owned by John Lambillotte, a David amongst the Goliaths.
Decor is..is...well..EJH Early Jimmy Hendrix. There are wonderful days of yore booths for eating, talking, laughing, singing or...or ..well cuddlin'. Families and great Otterbein students having fun.
CLUCKER'S has draft bier and good old PBR POUNDERS for a 2 GO BUCKS BUCKS during Monday through Friday Happy Hour. There are daily food specials. Open at 3 I beleive.
CLUCKER'S WINGS are fresh, plumper than my now aged High School Prom Queen. So what's the difference between them and the rest we've all had? John's handmade sauces especially the Cayenne based sauce. That sauce ADDS to the fresh cooked flavour you'll savour. When I return some day to buy a place in wonderful Westerville my first eating stop will be CLUCKER'S.
Westerville is surrounded by always moving in concrete, steel,and ashphalt
I sincerely hope the "village" officials fight to keep their downtown the lady of beauty and lovliness she is.
In closing, Otterbein students are a very special group of young people with whom I was pleased to invest time while in CLUCKERS. Yes they can be enthusiastically ribald and loud it's called----
Y O U T H, we all had it. Yet Each Otterbein student I met had home training, was well mannered, and only once did I hear the "F" bomb dropped and the person apologized.
Otterbein students DON'T LEAVE THEIR CLASS IN THE CLASS ROOM.

• Visited April 2013