“It's okay” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Waldo, Ohio
“It's okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We were truly excited to try out the restaurant but felt it didn't quite live up to its hype. Beers are cheap during happy hour but the food was blah at best. I probably won't be going back cosi seeing the amount of high quality places nearby.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

“tastes fresh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My daughter and I always go here after her gymnastics class next door. I love being able to get ala carte tacos. It all tastes fresh, and they use feta cheese on their tacos which interestingly enough works. Try the pork. Food comes quick. Its a help yourself kind of place, though they will occasionally take away trays and what not if you are finished with them.

There is a kids menu.

The ambiance isn't much. Mexican sports bar vibe I guess. But its a taco joint... what is there really to complain about?

I recommend.

• Visited August 2012
Westerville, Ohio
“Good stuff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

We live near Yabo's and it's always good for a lunch! Yummy Mexican food and small but good atmosphere! A little bit pricey..but not terrible. Def try their salsa!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbus, Ohio
“I Don't Get It!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Yabo's Tacos recently opened a new restaurant location in Upper Arlington. All my friends (classmates from UA High School own the restaurant) have been raving about it. I don't understand what the big deal is. The food was mediocre at best. I tried the chicken quesadilla and was very disappointed. It was a limp (barely grilled) tortilla with plain queso blanco and plain grilled chicken breast. I could not discern ANY seasoning of any type. Also absent were any other ingredients (no onion, no cilantro, nothing). I think there are probably 50 taco trucks in Columbus and I would go to any one of them before I would ever go back to Yabo's Tacos. Either the diners in UA are not very discerning or I am missing something! I hope the investors/owners are keeping their day jobs!

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Try Something Different Everytime”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My wife and I love Yabo's! We probably eat there at least twice a month. With all of the options and different combinations-- not sure if you can ever eat the same meal twice. We love that you can order different individual Taco's-- and the Even the Salads are great. I'm on a wrap kick now because I love to put different Yabo hot sauces on levels as I go-- and it's cleaner than a burrito... It's fun to sit at the bar inside and enjoy the $1.00 Retro Beer. We can be very full and have a great buzz for under $30 with tip! Often, we pick-up different things for the family and eat at home. It's right off the Westerville Ohio-Erie Bike trail too for a reward after a ride.

• Visited May 2012