“One of my regular stops” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville

You added Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   909 South State Street, Westerville, OH 43081 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westerville
Ohio City, Ohio
“One of my regular stops”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We like Red Roof inns since they completed their 40th anniversary upgrades. The up grades have made the rooms somewhat comparable to Holiday Inn Express and Baymont. Especially if you can find one with a swimming pool. I have stayed at this Red Roof Inn approximately 15 times or more. we actually use to prefer Red Roof in Worthington. However it turned into a dirty drug infested dump and did little to no renovation. We loved the other Red Roof as it was in walking distance to the famous od Ruckmoor Pub. This hotel is clean. there are some seedy guest. I have never seen any Police or problems its just some of the guest enjoy outside the room walk way party time. Don't get me wrong you don't have to walk past seedy people to get to your room. The environment is quiet not loud. The front desk staff is wonderful.

Room Tip: I prefer the front side of the building or close to the swimming pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Robyn P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Beth,

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your business. I will pass on your kind words to the team. I look forward to having you as a guest in the future.

Robyn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Forest Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

After having a very bad experence a couple of years ago in a economy hotel I am always a very careful where I booked. This hotel is a great example in how to manage a "bargin" property. The rooms were clean and well maitained, the property is in a very nice area with many resturants and shopping blocks away. The parking lot is well lit and litter free. The only problem is access, if you are coming from the south you have to go a block past the hotel and turn around, after check-in the helpfull front desk person explained a way in without have to turn around. If you need a basic place to sleep and relax in this area, this red roof inn should your choice

Room Tip: Best to book online during the week they were sold out
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Robyn P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Paul,

Thank you for your compliments and staying with us here at Red Roof Inn Westerville. Unfortunately, the entrance can be a little tricky at first and glad to read we were able to assist you on that.

We appreciate your business and look forward to having you as a guest once again.

Robyn
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stay May 2-4. I needed a hotel at the last minute and they were very helpful and the price was great. Have no complaints. The rooms were really nice compared to other Red Roof hotels i've stayed in. Would definitely recommend staying there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bright, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed one night, room was clean, no problem w check-in. I paid cash because I was told if I use a debit card to pay for the room, 15% extra will be added to my card initially but would come off later (?). Lots of shopping & restaurants around. Felt safe. Cereal, fruit, & danish/muffins for breakfast. Would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014
Lexington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband and I were on a business trip for a one night stay in early April 2014. We arrived later in the evening and utilized the drive thru check in. This was a very interesting first. The young lady at the front desk was very cordial and check in was quite smooth. We had a ground level room and parked right outside our door. We took our belongings in before going in search of dinner. The room had a slight musty smell but just having the door open for a minute or two got rid of it. At first glance, I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room. Floor was clean, pillows on the bed were lined up and everything was in order. We had a mini fridge that was already cold. The sink is outside of the toilet/shower. Clean sink, everything orderly. Toilet/Shower area was clean. Bathtub was in good shape. Small rust stain near drain but that is to be expected. Had one of the shower curtains that comes out from the tub so gave some extra room. A small bar of soap and a Pantene shampoo/conditioner travel size bottle was there for our use. We had a room with a king size bed. Only two bath towels were in the room. So it appears, they provide just enough towels for the room capacity. Being there one night, we of course didn't require any extra. The room also had a hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Overall, I was impressed with the room and very happy with how clean it was.
Getting to the hotel is a little weird. When we got off the exit, a left was needed to enter the hotel parking lot, which we couldn't do b/c of a median. You have to go down and turn down a street and wind your way to the hotel. No big deal though.
If you arrive later in the evening be prepared to eat pizza or McDonald's. The town of Westerville closes up early. We arrived about 9pm on a Thursday night and most restaurants were closed already.
The walls of the hotel are a little thin. We could hear everything going on in the room next to us. Luckily our neighbors were not loud. There were a few people outside making noise we could hear but it seemed to stop around 11:30pm. The bed was not the most comfortable. I tossed and turned all night. Not due to noise, just seemed to keep waking up and couldn't get comfortable no matter how hard I tried.
Continental breakfast was very basic the next morning. Cereal, danish, muffins and juice.
Overall, in my opinion, this is a good quick trip hotel. I don't know that I would have wanted to stay here multiple nights; just b/c I couldn't sleep very well from the not so soft bed.
We paid $74 which included all the fees and taxes and I booked directly through the Red Roof website. I feel that for the quality of the hotel this may have been a little overpriced. If you can get a room for say $50-$60, then that would be a better price for the quality of the hotel.
I ended up being satisfied with the room. As from my rating, middle of the road - not great but not bad either. I do recommend this hotel for a quick stay when you just need a clean place to rest your head for the night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Reno, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed there 3 times now. The front desk crew are always the same friendly folks. Everything done quickly and they have always followed through w special requests. The breakfast is not great but I always have cereal apple and coffee. Can't ruin that. Good location. Our daughter goes to college nearby and 2 major retail mega stores are 1-2 minutes away. Westerville downtown is adorable.

• Stayed March 2014
Geneva, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We checked in on 2-13-14 and checked out 2-16-14. We were in town for a Fiery Foods Show at The North Market (which was an excellent show). The rooms were clean. It was nice to have a microwave and mini-frig. However on the second morning there was no warm water. On the third morning the water was lukewarm so I showered quite quickly before it was cold.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Chris M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
We're sorry to hear about the lack of hot water for your stay. We have had that boiler issue looked at and rectified. We thank you for taking the time to let us know of the situation that could have become a major issue. We hope that if your travel plans ever bring you to the area again, you will give us another chance to provide exceptional service to you.

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville? Share your experiences!