You added Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati North at Union Centre to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati North at Union Centre
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in West Chester
kentucky
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed at this location for the first time. I usually stay at a different hotel in this area but it was not available. I could not have been more pleased with this property. I do stay at alot of Courtyards since I travel a couple of days each week for business but this was by far the best one I have frequented. To say the staff was friendly would be an understament. Not only are they friendly but they were helpful. For example I was walking through the lobby to the evelvators with my hands full and the front dest clerk, without saying a word, walked over and pushed the button. Not a huge task but it was an act of awareness. The room was modern, bright, clean, and most of all quiet. I had breakfast at the Bistro and everything was perfect. If all Courtyards were this good I would never stay at another chain. This location has earned all my future business when I visit this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I decided to head to Cincinnati for a Valentine's weekend trip. I knew I wanted to check out IKEA and purchase some furniture so we decided to look for a hotel in West Chester. The Courtyard by Marriott turned out to be a good choice. Not only did I get a deal on the room rate, but the hotel was clean, and had everything we needed for the weekend. The pool is pretty small, but it is indoor, and the fitness area has nice equipment, although also small--only 4 stations. Since the hotel was not crowded at all that weekend, we had no issues getting in to use any of the facilities. Check in and check out was simple and quick. There are a lot of food choices around the area and West Chester is within 30 minutes of Union Terminal, the museum complex in Cincinnati and Newport on the Levee, across the bridge in Kentucky, where there are a lot of attractions as well. Plus if you're going shopping for home goods, IKEA is right down the street. I recommend eating at Aladdin's Eatery--a Lebanese place nearby, and First Watch or the Original Pancake House for breakfast. There is a large movie theater about 2 mintues away as well. We did not try the hotel's Bistro, but did come down to the lobby for the free coffee each morning. There is a nice coffee bar and a couple of computers, along with a small kiosk with tourist info. Overall very good experience.

Room Tip: Our room was near the elevator and ice machine and was still very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here for two nights. When I arrived, the lobby was empty. The second night, I decided to have dinner in the Bristro. It was 5:40 pm. No staff was at the Bistro counter. There was three men sitting at the bar drinking. After waiting for 15 minutes at the counter. I went to the front desk for assistance since he was the only staff I can see.

He assured me he will send for her. I waited another 35 minutes to be served. When she finally showed, she looked like she'd been drinking or high on something. Her eyes was glazed over. It was sad because she was an older woman with many miles on her, you can just tell, from her sloppy lipstick to her overly-made eyes. I quickly ordered and charged it to the room. Do you want to hand your credit card to a drunk? I think not. The staff usually prepare the food in front of you if it was a simple wrap. She took out a book and flip it a couple of times. Left to go into the back again. Never came back. I patiently waited since I already ordered and paid for it. It was another 30 minutes til the food came. She never gave me my the drink. I don't even care at this point. The men seated at the Bistro bar who had witnessed it all had commented that I should make a phone call to management. The next day, I had a really bad stomach ache. I suffered terribly on my 5 hour flight home. The staff who served me should not be serving anyone. Based on my terrible experience at the Bristro, I will not be returning to this hotel again. Avoid it at all cost.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights and was really pleased with the hotel. The front desk staff was welcoming and explained where everything was as soon as I arrived. The room was clean and quiet. Maybe the most quiet room I've ever stayed in. The fitness area is small, but had everything one needs to get some cardio done. The location is wonderful and close to several food places and a drive-thru Starbucks is very close. I would stay here again if I'm in the area. Great place!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lubbock, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

We were looking for a place yo stay in Cincinnati north on pretty short notice. Without much planning we based our choice on previous courtyard experiences. This property is a very typical example of a courtyard hotel. Cookie cutter predictable style and quality. I was a little surprised by the more than average friendly front desk staff, both made every effort to help us and actually gave us a rate discount I was not aware of.
Many thanks for that!

• Stayed October 2012
Coral Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights for a wedding at a nearby country club. There were other out-of-town wedding guests and they put us all on the 4th floor which was helpful. Our room was next to an elevator which we thought might be a problem, but it wasn't. We like Marriott Courtyards and this one is no exception. It had seemed newer, but apparently had recently been updated. Rooms were nicely decorated and comfortable.
The computers were available and easy to use and the printer had paper. (In some hotels, we've had to ask for paper.) We chose to eat breakfast in the hotel as the food was reasonably priced and very good. We noticed the quantity (especially the fruit cup) was more than sufficient so we shared that and the entree. There is a Panera Bread and an Original Pancake House nearby if you want a larger menu selection. We had a day to spend in the area before the wedding and the staff was helpful, providing ideas and maps, etc. If we are in the area again, we would definitely return to this Courtyard.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed here while on an overnight visit. Our main destination, IKEA, was right down the street so very convenient. It's typical Courtyard, with the quality I expected. Seemed a little newer. Huge reception and lobby area. Lots of workstations, comfy couches and a food area that served breakfast and dinner items for purchase. Of course they had yummy cookies at the front desk. Rooms were very comfortable and large. I think all have mini fridges.
Not too much in the immediate area near the hotel. Bob Evans, a couple fast food and a few sit down restaurants. Only 1 gas station that we saw.
Most good dining options are across the interstate at very nice outdoor mall with Bravo, Mitchells Fish Market and a large movie theater.
We also went up 75 to a large Outlet Mall and took a short trip to Jungle Jim's International Food Market.
We were happy with the accommodations and location of this Marriott property for our trip!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati North at Union Centre? Share your experiences!