“Quality has diminished” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jag's Steak & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 155 Restaurants in West Chester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Sushi, Wine Bar
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Muhlhauser Raod
Transit: As offered by Butler County.
Description: Jags Steak & Seafood...Contemporary American Steak House is renowned for its Certified Angus Beef and Kobe steaks. An extensive list of sushi and sashimi, Yellow fin Tuna, Chilean Sea Bass, Tristan Lobster Tails and Alaskan King Crab are just a few of the many selections flown in fresh daily. Jag's extensive wine selection, awarded 3 years in a row by the Wine Spectator for Award of Excellence is another added bonus to impress upon as well. The cuisine & wine complimented by warm smiles, outstanding service is an atmosphere like nowhere else. Jag's Steak & Seafood has seven stately dining rooms and live music nightly. Jags central location between Dayton and Cincinnati, makes a meeting place of distinction. If you want to impress a client, dance the night away or negotiate contract terms, Jag’s is the right choice. Ask Jags about joining The FD Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and The Jag’s experience.
Batesville, Indiana
“Quality has diminished”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

For years we have enjoyed going to Jag's, and being as we hadn't been in some time, my wife and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary there. I sent an email telling Jag's that we were celebrating our 46th, and asked that a we be seated at a special table. I then called again this telling them that my wife and I would be celebrating our special anniversary with them that evening.
When we arrived we were greeted warmly, but there was no mention about our special day. Because we were early we went into the lounge, and the staff there was great, especially Evan, who was very attentive, not just us, but to all his bar patrons.
Our table was very nice, but because no one, other than Evan, said a thing about our anniversary I told our server and she congratulated us several times.
I ordered the special which was a lobster tail with a New York Strip steak.. The lobster was really good, but my steak was one of the saltiest pieces of meat that I have ever tried to eat. The server did have the kitchen prepare a different steak for me, and the manager was more than pleasant about it, but at almost $57.00, the steak should have been right in the first place.
Won't go back for dinner, but will go back to the lounge for happy hour. It's great, the food is, in my opinion, overpriced for what you get.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Eloquent Dining at it's best!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

The wife and I visited Jag's for the first time for our anniversary and we weren't disappointed. Excellent in every aspect. My wife mentioned it was our anniversary when we were being seated and the waitress told us save room for dessert as it would be on the house. The wife had the sea bass while I tried the Kobe steak and both were excellent. While it is expensive you definitely get what you pay for. Not a frequent visit location but we will most definately visit again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
cincinnati
“Nice Place; mediocre steak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've been to Jag's 3 or 4 times, fortunately on someone else's bill, because the prices are high and the steak is not that great. Cincinnati has excellent food, and several great steak houses, but Jag's, for me, doesn't rank for steak.
It's a very nice place, and the staff is friendly. The bar is very cool. Perhaps if I ordered something besides steak I'd be more pleased.
For my money, I'm going to Embers or Rubys for a steak

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Not as great as it used to be...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The service and quality have drastically changed over the past year. It is like night and day. I don't mind paying a higher price if the food and service are worth it, but I could've gone to Applebees across the street and had a better meal. Such a shame.

Visited May 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Absolutely the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I love love love this restaurant. The food is spectacular, the staff is awesome, and the atmosphere is relaxing. The only part I hate is the bill, but if you are going to splurge, do it here.

Visited April 2013