“Horrible experience - will never come back” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Horrible experience - will never come back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I have been to this restaurant and also the Mason location a few times, for lunch during the week.
The last time we went to this location for lunch on a Friday (May 17th 2013). I had a pizza and my husband ordered a pasta with chicken and mushrooms. My husband was half way of his pasta dish when he notices there was a black bug (probably a beetle??) in the middle of the food! This was disgusting! We forgot to take a picture, otherwise I would share it here so everyone could see it.
A few questions to the restaurant and the manager: How clean is your kitchen?? How do you prepare your food, so that bugs can simply be inside the food? And what kind of service do you have that no one was able to see the bug (since the moment it was being prepared, until it was put in a dish and brought to our table) but my husband while he was eating the pasta?
We never had an experience like this before. And we will never return to this restaurant again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Very good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Friends took us out for dinner at Bravo's. The food and service were excellent. First time I had ever tried lamb chops and they were delicious.

Visited July 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great Bolognese !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

As always when in a new city I check Trip Advisor. Saw that this place got it's share of 4's and a few 3's and decided to make my own decision. I sat at the bar to finish the novel I was reading. I was presented a "bar bites" and a regular menu by a very friendly and competent bartender. She made an excellent martini just they way I ordered it. They obliged me by allowing for a half order of the calamari, very good. I had the ceasar salad; asked for very light dressing and was pleased when it came just as I ordered it. The homemade croutons were very tasty. For my main I had the bolognese and substituted rigatoni for the pasta the menu called out. Probably one of the best bolognese I've ever had, just excellent. The thing that impressed me the most was that they got every special request I made spot on. The room has a warm feeling and I liked the decor. The manager stopped by to ask how my dining experience was going; nice touch. This was my first visit to Bravo and I will make it a regular stop when I'm in the area.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Better than expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were out shopping and wanted to grab some dinner in West Chester. My wife saw the Bravo! and enthusiastically called it out. Knowing I don't like to eat the heavy, carb Italian dinners, she offered to go to the nearby SmokeyBones but we ended up at Bravo!

It was six-ish on a Saturday evening and the wait was longer than I expected (25 minutes with a three year old). We had an opportunity to grab some drinks and review the menu so we were ready to go when our waiter, "Quay" came over. Nobody does the bread & seasoned oil as well as Carrabba's, so we had little expectation.

Bravo! is not inexpensive for steak: $25-27 for a steak. Having committed to healthier eating this new year, I decided to avoid the red meat and pasta and ordered the fish. The Mahi-Mahi was very, very good. I was indeed shocked. Having lived in Florida for 20 years, I dare say the West Chester chain restaurant had the best Mahi-Mahi I'd ever eaten, including the Mahi-Mahi I had at Guppy's on Indian Rocks Beach last week. I was really expecting a terrible piece of fish. What a pleasant surprise.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Chester, Ohio
“Heading Downhill ?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We went to bravo's on 12/24 and sat at their bar for their 'bar bites' and drink specials. We had done this a month ago, and it was a good experience, but this time the 'specials' menus were absent(On ALL the tables in the bar section), and the regular menus were presented to us. When we asked about the 'bar bites' menu, the server said 'oops, it's Christmas Eve, and things are really hectic !' The server's attention to us went downhill from that point on, as he realized we weren't 'big spenders'. I should also mention that the regular menu prices have increased about 20% from November. Coincidentally(??), they currently have a 'special', whereby if you purchase a $100 gift card, you get an extra $20 gift card. Makes ya wanna go HMMM...

• Visited December 2012