“We both loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Continental
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“We both loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Have been here several times, never been disappointed, food is unique, place is clean and prices are right how can you beat that!

Ohio
“Great Evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My college girlfriends and I decided to try Troys Cafe and were happy we did! It is a small cafe, informal, relaxing, with a great, friendly staff. Every one who worked there seemed to enjoy their job--smiling, answering questions, helping, etc. Rare to see such a happy staff these days. As previous reviews stated, you order at the counter and they bring you the food (BTW they allowed us to run a tab and pay at end which was helpful). We had spring rolls, cafe salad, caesar salad, troy burger, mushroom burger, and strawberry shortcake. Every item was EXCELLENT!!! Really enjoyed the chips too! You can tell everything is freshly made. Prices are reasonable, service is fast. We happened to visit on a Wednesday night, which was free for uncork bottle of wine. Other days there is an $8 uncork fee, but not on Wednesday night. We were told that they have wine tastings on Monday nights and for I think $13 you sample 3 wines with buffet items. May have to check that out. In addition, they are opening another cafe in Mason which should open late August or early September. I look forward to visiting again soon! We had a wonderful evening!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good burger, not best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Visited Troy's Café based on Trip Advisor reviews and local paper articles. I was expecting a great burger in a great atmosphere - got neither. I ordered the Troy Burger - the meat was very good, cooker to order, veggies were ok, the bread was fresh but not toasted. I just did not get the wow factor. The special sauce was good stuff, but no other choices for condiments, or stuff like grilled onions, jalapenos, etc. The fries were a little oily and not crisp. I ordered water because there were no good beer choices - only Great Lakes and Mt. Carmel. Please expand the beer selection - maybe some Blue Moon, Killians, Corona, or Batch 19. The restaurant was lot smaller than I thought it would be and the seating was not very comfy. I do plan to return and maybe try the pasta and maybe a small plate. Hopefully, my next experience will rate higher.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best Meal In the Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had a mexican themed party and got catering from Troy's , It was amazing!!! I got there for lunch alot and get the Chicken sandwich. You can bring your kids to. Love this place.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Louisville, Kentucky
“Fantastic Burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Found this restaurant on one of the lists for the best burgers in Cinci. We had already eaten at Terry's Turf and though we believed the experience was fun and I would return, I wasn't sold that it was "the best" burger in town. This visit we went to Troy's and I have to say hands down I thought the burger was fantastic. You wouldn't suspect that one would get a burger like this in a strip center restaurant. The texture of the meat, freshness, and flavor was melt in your mouth goodness. For an up charge of just $1.00 you can choose a salad; we chose the Café salad which was a wonderful explosion of Greek flavors and it was a full side salad portion - not a skimpy mini-bowl or small plate. Even though we arrived late near closing, the service was friendly and the food was fresh.

• Visited March 2014