“Excellent Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Jersey
“Excellent Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Free breakfast is above average for hotels in this price range. Free dinner Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday was good. Hotel very clean. Fitness center was a little better than average, but leaves a lot to be desired. Free guest laundry. Room was very clean and staff very friendly and helpful. Only problem I had was a toilet fill valve that was making noise. I complained about it, told the maintenance man the problem was the fill valve and I was told it would be fixed. At the end of the day the problem was not fixed and I had to deal with the noisy valve another night. Next morning the kid at the desk was trying to tell me that the noise is normal, when it is not. Valve finally fixed the second day with an appolgy note from the manager. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Staybridge Suites West Chester, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Staybridge Suites Cincinnati North. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed all the amenities our hotel has to offer and I appreciate your kind comments.

We appreciate all forms of guest feedback and is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future!

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in October. Our refrigerator broke down and started to make very loud noises at 2am. I went down to the lobby immediately. Within 10 minutes we had a room to sleep in without moving our stuff for the remainder of the night. The next day our refrigerator was replaced. Thank you to he night manager and assistant manager for your prompt service!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. While I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our service, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with a refrigerator in your suite.

Your comments about our employees have been noted and are appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The staff, the room, the cleanliness of the place are all great. Sadly the air-conditioning in my room broke late in the evening. The staff gave me the key to the room next door for the night and mechanics came and replaced the entire unit the next day. And they gave me one night free because of the inconvenience. It could have happened at any hotel, but I was really impressed by the way the staff handled it and the way they made me feel like a valued customer.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with the air-conditioner in your suite.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My sisters and I recently spent one night here with all 6 of their kids. We had the two bedroom, two bathroom suite and we could not have been more pleased.

First, the hotel is beautifully maintained. It's clean, comfy, and very nicely decorated. The rooms themselves are perfectly set up for anyone traveling with children, primarily b/c the second bedroom is at the other end of the suite so when you put them to bed you don't have to worry about being quiet. We actually met the Housekeeping manager when we checked in, she was finishing up surveying our room and she was beyond delightful. She talked to the kids and they fell in love with her instantly. When we checked out we forgot our DVD's so we had to run back to the hotel. She promptly found them for us and was beyond helpful.

Second, the breakfast is really a very, very good continental breakfast. Tons of foods to choose from and a variety of drinks as well. Plus they had soft drinks, which is a plus when you need caffeine and you don't drink coffee. The breakfast room has a really cozy vibe and there's plenty of seating options to utilize.

Third, the hotel is really convenient to a lot of the Cinci area attractions. It's no more than 3 minutes away from IKEA. We hit the Aquarium and it was only about 20 minutes away. The museum complex was equally close at about 15 to 20 minutes as well. Plus you are within about 5 to 10 minutes of tons of different restaurants and shopping places if you so desire.

But the most important thing I have to say is that the service was fantastic. When we came back from swimming we noticed that someone on our floor had been smoking, which was problematic as smoking was not permitted. We called the front desk and they immediately responded to the problem. They located the source and also begin spraying odor neutralizers to dissipate the horrible smoking smell. Now this was what we expected to happen and were pleased with the response. What I didn't expect though was a personal handwritten note of apology from the manager the next morning and 2,000 IHG bonus points to compensate us for the inconvenience. This last step was totally unnecessary but it was a pleasant suprise.

All of us agreed that if we are back in the area again this will be our hotel of choice!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites West Chester, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites Cincinnati North!

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for congratulating our team on a job well done. Your kind recognition is well received and appreciated.

I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed the comfort of your room, as well as our breakfast and location.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Saugerties, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Don't usually stay at Staybridge, but will have to rethink that in the future. Very helpful and friendly staff and the room was clean, well laid out and very comfortable. Great pillows and fluffy towels - hey its the little things that count. Only here two nights but both were quiet, and the breakfast was good. Good value

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Staybridge Suites West Chester, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Cincinnati North. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back!

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We met for a family get together last weekend and found the accomodations very good. The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant, and took extra time to engage my grand nephews in conversation. The baked cookies at the counter were a big hit! The hotel was clean and well maintained.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites West Chester, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. I look forward to welcoming you in the near future!

New Market, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed at the Staybridge while visiting the West Chester area to meet with a doctor. We normally stay at another hotel, but everything was booked because of a large professional tennis tournament. The Staybridge had vacancies and for a very good reason.

This hotel is geared for the longer, extended, stay visitor: people working in the area or folks visiting family for a couple of weeks. It's not really structured to support the over night visitor. We were there for about four nights and the price was a significant difference from what we normally pay for another Wingate property.

There are, however, positives here. The staff is so friendly they practically glow. That's not just the front desk folks, who are hired for their ability to smile and be kind (well usually, anyway), but also the maintenance guy, the woman who ran housekeeping, and even the cleaning crew (who at least smiled). The breakfast, built for folks who are eating out for extended periods of time. The food was varied and good. The two women who ran the restaurant were helpful, efficient, and very kind. There are afternoon happy hours with food, which I saw but didn't eat. It looked good. Also, and this is sweet, there was free pop (soda to those of us in the Mid Atlantic)!

The rooms are a good size, although not truly suites with separate rooms. The work area is efficient and more or less separated from the sleeping area. There were lots of closets, an iron and board, and a good sized bathroom. I worked most of the time while staying at the Staybridge and had lots of experience with the work area. It had lots of electrical outlets and the WiFi was easy to use and reliable. I had lots of trouble with the chair, which refused to hold its height. When I asked for a new one the afternoon of the first day it quickly appeared. The maintenance guy told me that he had plenty of others and if that one didn't make me happy to just ask for another.

The hotel also has a good business center with printers that work and office supplies for those who need them. I had occasion to print a longer document (upwards of 100 pages) and the front desk helped me with binding clips and paper. This business was one of the best I've ever dealt with.

The towels were soft.The bed, however, was not. I like a hard bed and have one at home. This was like sleeping on a stone floor. The hotel seems to get that a lot however; when I mentioned it to one of the front desk folks (Amanda, who is ever helpful and cheerful) she offered a mattress cover. My partner, who is most definitely not a soft mattress person, scoffed; however this was no ordinary mattress cover and it made both of us happy. I am pretty sure they supply lots of these because I saw platoons of cleaning people hauling them down to rooms in the evenings.

The hotel lobby area is quite large and very nice (this is a new hotel) with a large stone fireplace, sofas and chairs and lots of tables. Quite a few people were working in the hotel and most of the afternoons there were several folks working in the lobby, which has large windows and is bright and sunny. There is also outside seating which looked very pleasant.

There is a rather nice looking indoor pool that is quite large and again, in a room with lots of windows. The spa was closed so I didn't get to see it. The fitness center is poorly designed, cramped, and dark. There were two treadmills, some weights, and I believe a bicycle machine. The treadmills were, this no other way to put it, a menace. They are not intuitive and there are no directions. I couldn't figure out how to adjust and regulate speed and had to pull the emergency tab to get the machine to stop. I don't think I was alone. Both of the machines had had their emergency tabs removed when I went down to use them so I think other people had the same problem and used the same device. There is a high school down the street from the hotel (maybe a quarter mile) that seems to have a very nice track that people were using during off hours (school had not reconvened at that point however) and if I chanced to stay here again and the weather was nice I'd go down there to run and walk instead of using the fitness room (which could perhaps more fairly be called an 'injury room').

There are several restaurants nearby (walking distance) including Jaqs, which is an upscale bar and restaurant that has a happy hour buffet on Fridays, a Stony Creek steak house, a Skyline Chili (I don't think its legal in Cincinnati to have a city block without a Skyline Chili), a very nice wine bar and restaurant, and a Cajun style take out. The last three are in a strip mall across the street from Staybridge. We were at all three and they were all quite good.

A final thought is about parking. There are a lot of folks staying there who are working in the area and some of them have trucks, trailers, and other forms of equipment. As a result, parking is tight. As an example, my partner came in late from a dinner with her family at about 10:30 and couldn't find a place to park. She was able to park at Jaqs, but that was an informal agreement and I was a little worried about the car. It turned out to not be a problem, so maybe its not really an issue.

Room Tip: Ask for the bed pad at check in unless you have the sleep endurance of Attila the Hun. You will be g...