“Wingate by Wyndham, Cincinnati-West Chester, Ohio” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in West Chester
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Wingate by Wyndham, Cincinnati-West Chester, Ohio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

We mistakenly booked this hotel, thinking it was near the Bernet Avenue location of Cincinnati Children's Hospital. However, it is 30 minutes from that location and only 5 minutes from another location. We stayed at this hotel for one night 4/13/09 and "Dennis," the hotel manager, was so helpful, professional and he bent over backwards to assist us. We arrived around 5pm and my son was supposed to have taken medication 1.5 hours before, due to some exploratory surgery the next day. We were exhausted from flying and in a hurry to get to the room and get medication. Dennis was understanding and worked quickly to get us to our room. When we arrived in our room, we found that one of the telephones was not working. Dennis cheerfully volunteered to come to our room, personally, to repair it. Next, we found that all of the clothes in my son's suitcase were soaking wet, thanks to the airline. Dennis told us he had complimentary washing detergent and fabric sheets for us and there was a washer and dryer just down the hall from our room. Finally, when we found out we were 30 minutes from the hospital and we canceled our reservations through priceline.com (we will never use one of these online services again) then we decided to stay because the hotel was SO NICE (clean, very well decorated, up to date furnishings, fresh paint, very nice beds and bathrooms, indoor pool, workout facilities, VERY COMFORTABLE BEDS, full breakfast, great service, etc.) But, priceline would not reinstate the reservations, even though we had only canceled them 15 minutes before. DENNIS AGREED TO DO HIS BEST TO MATCH THE PRICE I WAS ALREADY PAYING. Though the room ended up being $13 more per night than through priceline, he went out of his way to help us because the room would normally have been about $60 MORE per night. If this hotel had not been so far from the hospital, we would have stayed. I highly recommend this hotel if you don't mind driving approximately 25-30 minutes into Cincinnati. If you have business in West Chester, it is a very nice, suburban-type, area with a NEW shopping area, restaurants and grocery store nearby. I highly, highly recommend it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
columbus, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2009

My new husband and I stayed at the Wingate after our wedding nearby. a number of our guests stayed at the hotel as well and the staff was very accommodating with our group. The rooms were very spacious and clean. I was also impressed with the price. We all had breakfast together the next morning and everyone seemed to have had a great time!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

My wife and I had booked the Wingate for our trip from Toronto to Florida based on reviews here. It was our first visit to a Wingate and we were most impressed. The rooms are very nicely appointed with microwave, fridge, whirlpool bath with shower, flat screen TV, in-room safe, free internet (bring an ethernet cable for the best hook-up) and a decent breakfast. They even have real glass drinking glasses - no plastic cups. Our GPS unit made finding the place very easy. There was one minor thing that made me scratch my head - our room had a beautiful leather easy chair with matching foot stool. But it was positioned on the same wall as the TV so one couldn't sit in the chair and watch TV. Great for reading however. Based on our experience here, we will be visiting more Wingate Inns for our trip home.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

My husband and I wanted one last getaway before our baby arrives in Feb and I wanted to shop in Cincinnati. We were going to stay downtown at the Terrace but at the last minute they called and told me they were closing their doors and we could not stay there. So I decided since I wanted to go to the Carter's store and IKEA that we would just stay in West Chester. So I found good reviews on here for this hotel and off we went.

When we got there the parking lot was pretty empty which worried me a bit but since it was a Sunday night and not a holiday I just figured that was normal. The guy working the desk was very personable and helpful.

The room was large and had plenty of room. The room had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker which were nice. The bathroom was also spacious and had tile on the floor and granite counter tops. Our room only had a shower but it was roomy with two shower heads so we liked that. My only complaint would be that the hotel was practically empty yet we had someone in the room next to us making a ton of noise late at night and someone above us that walked like an elephant starting before 6am so not the most restful night of sleep. Spreading out the guests would have been great.

The free wireless interenet worked well and there was even a fax machine in the room. I was able to use the buisness center to print off a coupon that I had forgotten at home so that was a nice touch.

The breakfast was very tasty and we were even brought out complimentary water bottles to take with us.

All in all it was a good stay in a nice hotel. We did not use the pool, spa tub, or workout room but all were very nice looking and would have been great.

• Liked — Very nice hotel rooms and service.
  • Disliked — The loud guests on all sides of us.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

This was our first stay at a Wingate, but it won't be our last. The night clerk was mature, calm, and helpful. Our room was spotless and quiet--four pillows per bed. Furnished by IKEA. The bathroom was clean and roomy. The hotel supplies Neutrogena products. Full delicious breakfast--eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, danish, oatmeal, french toast sticks, fruit, cereal, coffee with real cups, and Lipton tea bags for those of you (like me) who do not drink coffee. When asked for directions to IKEA, the cheerful morning clerk immediately supplied a handout sheet.

There are some renovations going on (a new breakfast area), but they did not affect us. The property is not easy to find, even though it is easily visible from the highway. I recommend that you take the telephone number along and call the front desk when you get close. They told us they have guided many a weary traveler directly to their door.

It doesn't get any better than this for $100.00. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2007

I had to come to the cincinnati area to visit a family member who was ill. I ended up staying at the Wingate and it was a great experience! The staff was very respectful and professional. They were knowledgable about the area and very friendly. I really appreciated their hospitality especially because I was in town for a stressful reason. They are great and I would recommend them to anyone who will be in the area.

• Liked — Location, decor and staff
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

I enjoyed this hotel from our long day at Kings Island. We stayed on the 1st floor and was able to get checked in and our bags quickly into our room in less than 5 minutes. Nice and soft king bed. High 20 ft ceilings. Has all the amenities of a Wingate that others had mentioned. Would definately stay here again. Staff was very friendly. Room was very clean.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati/West Chester? Share your experiences!