We mistakenly booked this hotel, thinking it was near the Bernet Avenue location of Cincinnati Children's Hospital. However, it is 30 minutes from that location and only 5 minutes from another location. We stayed at this hotel for one night 4/13/09 and "Dennis," the hotel manager, was so helpful, professional and he bent over backwards to assist us. We arrived around 5pm and my son was supposed to have taken medication 1.5 hours before, due to some exploratory surgery the next day. We were exhausted from flying and in a hurry to get to the room and get medication. Dennis was understanding and worked quickly to get us to our room. When we arrived in our room, we found that one of the telephones was not working. Dennis cheerfully volunteered to come to our room, personally, to repair it. Next, we found that all of the clothes in my son's suitcase were soaking wet, thanks to the airline. Dennis told us he had complimentary washing detergent and fabric sheets for us and there was a washer and dryer just down the hall from our room. Finally, when we found out we were 30 minutes from the hospital and we canceled our reservations through priceline.com (we will never use one of these online services again) then we decided to stay because the hotel was SO NICE (clean, very well decorated, up to date furnishings, fresh paint, very nice beds and bathrooms, indoor pool, workout facilities, VERY COMFORTABLE BEDS, full breakfast, great service, etc.) But, priceline would not reinstate the reservations, even though we had only canceled them 15 minutes before. DENNIS AGREED TO DO HIS BEST TO MATCH THE PRICE I WAS ALREADY PAYING. Though the room ended up being $13 more per night than through priceline, he went out of his way to help us because the room would normally have been about $60 MORE per night. If this hotel had not been so far from the hospital, we would have stayed. I highly recommend this hotel if you don't mind driving approximately 25-30 minutes into Cincinnati. If you have business in West Chester, it is a very nice, suburban-type, area with a NEW shopping area, restaurants and grocery store nearby. I highly, highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wingate by Wyndham & Meridian Conference Center Cincinnati - West Chester/Mason Hotel is perfect hotel and location whether traveling on busines or pleasure. We are centrally located off I-75 between Cincinnati and Dayton and our guest rooms are equipped with complimentary wired and wireless internet, refrigerator and microwave, as well as a hot breakfast buffet is included daily. The Wingate by Wyndham is centrally located to the Cincinnati Premium Outlet Mall, Kings Island, Entertrainment Junction, IKEA and The Beach Water Park. The Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati - West Chester/Mason hotel is convenient to many local businesses such as GE, Procter and Gamble, Cintas, Luxottica, Wellpoint and the West Chester Medical Center. Our full service on-site restaurant, MCafe & Bistro is a destination restaurant with contemporary American food and a great spot to unwind for dinner or cocktails. The Meridian Conference Center located within the hotel boasts 5,000 sq ft of meeting space and can accommodates meetings, events and social gatherings. We look forward to seeing you on your upcoming stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati/West Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate Inn - West Chester Hotel West Chester
- Wingate West Chester
- Wingate Hotel West Chester
- Wingate By Wyndham Cincinnati/West Chester Ohio