“Nice accommodations, clean rooms, friendly staff. It would...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in West Chester
Certificate of Excellence 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Plainfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I have traveled to Ohio from Illinois for medical purposes for myself. We stay at the Wingate most of the time except on one occasion when i had surgery at the Unniversity hospital and my husband needed to be within walking distance. We have been to several other cities and states and stayed at many hotels but our stay and service at Westchester Wingate is of excellent standards. With that being said, front desk welcome clerk Teri A. Is above and beyond excellent! She is the reason we continue to return. There are not enough, nor the right words to express everything good that she is as a person, as an employee doing her job for us as a guest, and also now, a friend! Being there for medical reasons is stressful in itself but she can still make it feel like we are on a luxury vacation. There is much more positive things I could say but limited characters on this review prevents that. Just know that without her there would be no us, and with her, Westchester Wingate has a one in a million employee that can never be replaced! And please, whoever reads this should know that she deserves to be honored, awarded, rewarded and or recognized for who she is and the job that she does! Tank you Teri A. See you soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was initially disappointed with having to stay at the Wingate as I am a bit of point hoarder; betting most of you all are also! I'm a Holiday Inn/Hilton guy. I only stay at Wyndham properties rarely so I wasn't exactly happy i was forced by AMEX to stay here; come on Amex the Staybridge was 4 bucks more a night; but as the stay went on I was very happy with the service and staff at the Wingate West Chester, I would stay again for sure. I was there for 4 days. My 1st night was a little rough as one of the previous reviews states: the Pillows are AWFUL, I actually put 2 in one case to make it even barely sleep-able (my allergy medication helped for-sure). Also my sink didn't drain at all. i made my concerns known to the staff the front-desk the next morning. By the time I returned from work/dinner the sink was fixed and I had some very nice new firm pillows on my bed. I was able to sleep very well and shave without issue. Even with a room that faced I-75 and the HVAC units outside my window, the room was exceptionally quiet. The breakfast was very good EXCEPT for a common issue i find everywhere (not just this hotel chain) these days. They ONLY had "Light" Yogurt. This might not be a big deal to you but I am allergic to Nutra-sweet or Aspartame, so i cant have anything Diet or "Light", bad stuff happens. But needless to say the Wingate had plenty of other options so satisfy me at breakfast. The bar that is open in the evening was a highlight. The food was good and the prices were very very reasonable for beer or a mixed drinks for a "hotel bar". The Bartender, Wes, was a great guy and kept all patrons happy even the crotchety old man who was complained about everything. Think one of the old guys that would yell at you to get off the his lawn even though he has no idea what the word fertilizer is and wears his pants half way up his chest. Wes took extra care of him and i believe (if possible) the guy left happy. Wes also knows good music and we spoke about it for a couple of hours on Thursday night. Jam Band Corporate Hippies (like myself) unite LOL!! I enjoyed my experience and have praise for the hotel and staff. Also, my United Points/Miles showed up in my account withing 4 days of check-out which was a bonus as Hilton on their double dip program take weeks to be credited and sometimes end up on the wrong airline. As stated I don't stay at Wyndams to often so i have my nights converted into airline miles and their turn around on this is much better than other chains. Over-all I would recommend this property and I am happy with the stay. i look forward to being forced to stay at other Wingates. TV could use slight improvement as they didn't even have the local FoxSports channel in the room so I "had" to go down to the bar to watch the Reds and not all the channels are in HD; giving me a 42 inch TV is great but not if most of the channels are SD. But that's my personal grip. Once again good stay.

Room Tip: Not that there is really a reason as my review covers it, but request a room on non-highway side for...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed at the Wingate when I flew in from San Diego to attend a nephews high school graduation party and visit with family. It's in a nice area, tucked back off the main road but still convenient to lots of shopping and the freeways. Free breakfast (hot and cold) included and it was clean and well-serviced. There's a decent bar and the bartender (Wesley) is great. The room is nice and the beds are comfortable. We were woken up by a large party in the middle of the night but that can happen anywhere. We didn't use the pool so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati/West Chester? Share your experiences!