“It's O.K. for the Price” 3 of 5 stars

Economy Inn West Chester
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7313 Kingsgate Way, West Chester, OH 45069   |
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in West Chester
Chicago
“It's O.K. for the Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

We just stayed at the hotel and it was not a bad stay. The air conditioning worked a little too well, but perfect for my husband. It is about 10 minutes from Kings Island. It is 2 blocks from great stores and eats. The room smelled like it was full of roses, but it faded after a while. I only seen 1 spider. It was pretty clean. The pool was clean and the person at the desk said he would keep it open longer if weather permitted. The only real problem was that a storm went through and the cable went out for about an hour. I felt very safe and comfortable there.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Business
west chester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

I Just checked out of this hotel and it was a horrible experience!
when i checked in last friday i asked the clerk if there were weekly rates, he told me there were no weekly rates so i asked if he could give me a price break, he said he could give it to me for 50.00 a night instead of the 54.99 a night it would of been for friday saturday and sunday. if i wanted a microwave and refig. id have to pay an extra 5.00 a day for that!

I stay here all week with a gross damp room with a horrible musty smell that my clothing and personal items now reak of ( i wont even get into how bad the room was) and im looking at the back of my door and the door states a weekly rate of 275.00.

I go to the front desk asking why the guy told me there were no weekly rates when its clearly posted on the back of the room door. they try to tell me that the room i stayed in isnt available for weekly rates, they dont offer weekly rates w/o the customer asking for them. I said i did ask for the weekly rates and he told me they werent available. then they said you only stayed 6 nights so your not eligible, i said id stay an extra night or would of if he would of told me. once agian all about communication. its not my fault that he put me in a room that isnt available for "weekly rates" when i was asking for one and he never informed there was a difference, that is their fault. ( it was the last one with a fridge thats why he put me in that room.)

Long story short i payed over 100.00 EXTRA (375.00 for my 6 day stay) for a hell hole of a hotel room with a horrible experience and ill be probably sick from it being so dirty and old!!!!!!! and o yeah its all my fault....according to them!

• Liked — location is convenient
  • Disliked — the whole experience!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sunman, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2008

I have a Choice Privileges VISA card, which gets me points that can be used for stays at Choice Hotels. I booked a room at an Econo Lodge when I had to travel to the West Chester area for a wedding that started early in the morning. I figured that anything close would do, and booked a "Free" night using my points. My wife and I, as well as a friend of ours, shared a room - so 2 double beds.

We arrived at the hotel to find its exterior dingy and run-down, looking very "Bates Motel"ish. As we pulled in to the lot, I joked with my wife and our friend that we'd be lucky to survive the night. How right I was...

Immediately upon checking in, I was dismayed to find that the lobby was closed - it was about 10pm. There was a small, shady-looking "Night Check-In" area to the side of the building, which I entered with apprehension. There I found a small rack of pamphlets about local attractions and a bulletproof glass window with a small slot to conduct business through. I should have turned and run immediately, but was tired and just wanted to get checked in and go to sleep.

I was greeted by the clerk, pleasantly enough. However, he wanted payment information. I asked what he needed it for, as I understood that I was using my points for a free night. He wanted to charge me $17.00 and I was required to ask him to contact the Choice Privileges program to resolve the problem. He called, while I waited, and got things straightened out - eventually giving me the keys.

We entered the room to find a dirty, run-down dump. The bathroom floor was peeling up, and had what appeared to clearly be BLOOD stains near the tub. WTF? One of the beds had some disgusting organic matter clinging to it as well - either blood or feces. Horrifying.

To make matters worse, the room was so cold that we could barely sleep. The heater didn't work, and we were forced to huddle close together to make it through the night.

Overall, it was an awful experience. I contacted the hotel manager and the Choice Privileges program about the horrifying conditions at this hotel, and got a nice letter from the hotel manager a few days later. It took several followup phone calls to Choice Privileges to get my points refunded, and they were pretty surly about giving them back.

Though I've had generally positive experiences with Choice Hotels elsewhere, the way they treated my concerns about this stay was horrid. Stay away from this Econo Lodge at all costs, and deal with Choice Hotels at your peril.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Filth and freezing cold.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Economy Inn West Chester? Share your experiences!