“Very Comfortable Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in West Chester
Dallas
“Very Comfortable Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I spent a very relaxing night in a one bedroom "suite" here in November,2011. This is a relatively new Residence Inn...I am guessing only a few years old. Honestly, we were driving from Texas to Virginia and just needed a pet-friendly hotel at which to spend the night.

The hotel is spotless and the rooms very comfortable. The beds and linens, while not luxurious, were in much better condition that most hotels at this price point ($119/night). The rooms are large and thought out with a well-stocked kitchenette, sofa and recliner, work table, etc. Being a Saturday afternoon my husband was particularly happy to see the large flat screen TV in the living room plus an extra in the bedroom. Everyone was happy.

If I had to come up with a negative it would be that there was no bathtub. There was a very nice all glass shower stall but after a long day on the highway I could have used a decent tub. No matter.

They did serve a nice buffet breakfast the next morning complete with eggs, pancakes, sausage, etc. if you prefer there are lots of dining options nearby.

Last, we were traveling with a well behaved 83 pound dog. We tolld them about the dog before checking in, walked her right through the lobby, even took her out to several times to get some exercise. The hotel never charged us a surcharge! Remarkable! I carry bags so that we never leave any sign of her in the grass but this hotel even had little bags hanging outside for those who, er, forget to bring their own. Fellow dog owners, please pick up after yourselves so that more hotels open their doors to pet lovers. I assume you pick-up at home so please show respect to others and do so on the road as well.

In summary, if I need to be in this area again I will definetly stay here and you should too!

• Stayed November 2011

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Great motel , good location, good decor. I selected this hotel as I was planning to have my dog with me, she decided not to come. When I am in the area again I will stay next door at the Marriott Courtyard which is a cut above.
A few sevice glitches at the Residence inn, requested additional towels that were not provided. I expected an upgrade as I am a Gold Card member but the room did not appear to be an upgrade. Oh Well !

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Just had the pleasure of a 1 night stay at the excellent Residence Inn West Chester( Cincinnati) and can't say enough about the place. Clean hotel, nice roomy suites & friendly staff. Hotel is not brand new, but feels new...even with a few dings & wear on some of the furniture in our room( very minor), the place still felt, smelled & looked brand new! Hallways immaculate, elevators immaculate & room was squeaky clean. We stay at hotels approx. 7-10 nights a month ( mostly Hilton & Marriott) & are VERY picky about cleanliness & the general feel of a hotel and can without hesitation recommend this Residence Inn to anyone who is worried about finding a clean well maintained hotel. The hotel served a nice simple pasta reception meal in the evening and of course set up a a full well stocked breakfast buffet in the morning...even had rice & miso etc. for asian travelers. We did not get to use the pool but we checked it out and it was sooo warm! Hotel is in a very good upscale area with tons of stores & restaurants & IKEA just a block or so away. Wished we could have stayed longer and look forward to our next trip to the area!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chicago suburbs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I'm picky about cleanlieness and this hotel was very clean. The front desk staff and dining area staff was very genuinely pleasant, especially to our kids. Typically, you'll get a few rude staff members at any hotel, but ALL of the staff people we encountered were very nice and helpful for our needs (extra towel requests, shaving cream, etc.) and really seemed to like their job.

We had a one bedroom suite with a nice layout that included a living room, kitchen, and small dining area.

The daily breakfast included a lot of items (eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon, waffles, fresh fruit, toast, etc.) while the free dinner was a little less extensive but nicely balanced items.

You can't go wrong with this hotel that also has quick and easy access to nearby expressways.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

This was our first time to this hotel. We were a family travelling with a young child and a senior. We booked a 2 bedroom suite.

Upon check-in we were greeted professionally and in a very welcoming manner. Our 2 bedroom suite was on the first floor. Our suite was emmaculate, very modern, very comfortable and very clean! The beds were also very comfortable, and the wireless internet worked very well for our laptop and also our Iphones.

We needed a nice place to eat dinner and asked the front desk for a recommendation. They recommended Stone Creek which was across the street. It was a wonderful recommendation since the food, ambiance and service was wonderful.

At first I was a bit concerned about staying on the first floor, for noise concerns. We usually stay on higher floors, but they did not have a 2 bedroom suite available on a higher floor. I was pleasantly surprised of how quiet the hotel was, and we were all able to fall asleep without any interruptions whatsoever.

The breakfast in the morning was very good, with scrambled eggs, hash browns, fruit, cereals, yogurts, etc, etc. There was more than enough variety to please everyone in our group.

All in all this is a wonderful hotel, well worth the money, and it is very conveniently located off the highway and very easy to find.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I was very pleased with this new Marriott property. The decor was fresh and clean, the room spacious, and the bed was lovely. This was my first time staying in West Chester and I will return. This Residence Inn had everything you needed and I especially loved the breakfast, heated indoor swimming pool, comfy bed, free internet, and spotlessly clean environment. Nice staff everywhere. Nice touch for the bathroom vanity to include drawers to hide all my make-up and stuff. No tub in my room, but the roomy shower with glass doors had great hot water, and pressure. Shopping and restaurants close by and down the street from an IKEA store if you were bored and wanted to browse the aisles of a mega store.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

This is a beautiful Residence Inn. It seems that it is very new; all the furnishings are brand new, as is the carpeting and beds. There is both wired and wireless Internet. If you want wired, you have to ask for a cord at the front desk.

The front desk staff was very friendly and nice. They where extremely helpful when I requested a certain room; I appreciate that.

The grounds around the hotel are very lush, green and well kept. It's beautiful.

The room itself is fantastic. I had a suite with a king bed, living area, full kitchen and dining area, and a nice bathroom (big shower, but no bathtub - if you need a bathtub, be sure and request one - this is the first time I have ever been in a Residence Inn without a tub). I don't mind no tub, I prefer the roomy shower - it also had glass doors, a nice change from the typical shower curtain. The bathroom floor has beautiful tile and the sink is outiside of the toilet/shower area.

The room was so clean when I came in. The bed is big and over stuffed and very comfortable.

All in all - a great place to say. As with most Marriotts, I have nothing at all bad to say. Oh, and the breakfast is good - full buffet breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Marriott West Chester? Share your experiences!