“Great for young kids!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Zoos
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Heavens Corner Zoo is a 501(c)(3)Non-profit, USDA licensed & inspected Organization/Animal Sanctuary/Facility not funded by any outside sources. We are here for the Conservation through Education of the Animals that they have taken in from bad situations & from Facilities that have been forced out of business.
Eaton, Ohio
11 attraction reviews
“Great for young kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Others are right... this is NOT a typical zoo. Its a rescue and they do a great job with what they have to make sure these animals get the care they need and a place to live. Most of their animals would have been put down if they did not take them. We have a yearly membership which is very reasonably priced and my kids absolutely LOVE going there! They always ask to go there over the big Cincinnati Zoo! They love that they can feed some of the animals. The wallabies are my daughters favorite. We always love that you can see the animals so close up. Most zoos you would never get to see a tiger or bear that close up so it is great for kids to be able to see these animals so close. It is also a very educational place for the kids.... not only can they learn about the animals, they can can learn what a rescue is and how it works. Even though some of the areas are sometimes a bit dirty, I think they do their best with what they have and if it was not for them, these animals would not even be here. We were told that their lemurs came to them from a zoo that was going to shut down and if they did not take them, they would be put down! We love those little funny guys and its sad to think what may have happened. It is also nice knowing that when you pay to go to this zoo, that money is going to a very good cause. The staff are great and will answer any questions you may have! We go many times a year and we love it and will continue to support it!

Visited June 2013

Fairborn, Ohio
“Pretty neat place, much better than some made it out to be.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We went out to Heaven's Corner today for our first visit. We had a great time! We will be back and I recommend it to others. Obviously it isn't as large as a city zoo but they have a good variety of animals, a nice little gift shop, and snack area. I didn't notice any cleanliness or grass issues during our visit as others had mentioned. The restrooms were very clean as well. They sell feed cups you can carry with you and that added to the fun. It was worth the drive for a fun afternoon.

Visited May 2013
West Alexandria, Ohio
“Favorite place to visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have been going to Heaven's corner for years and now take my children there several times a year. I am saddened that someone would write such an awful review without correct information. The bear cub was brought to them unexpectantly and they do not breed the animals. Most of the animals are rescued from irresponsible people who get them as babies and abandon/neglect or abuse them. Heaven's Corner has much improved over the last 5 years and truly provides the best care possible that they can. There prices are reasonable and you can donate to different animals, like the bear cub, whose name is BooBoo.

Visited May 2012
Dayton, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have been to Heaven's Corner three times. I think one of my children's favorite memories is "racing" with one of the big cats. As the children ran back and forth on the sidewalk outside the cage, the big cat raced after them.

Heaven's Corner has a wide variety of animals, and you can get quite close to them. It's not like a zoo, with wide expanses for the animals to roam in; these animals are in cages. I think most of the animals have been rescued either because they are injured or from owners who took on more than they can handle. There are birds, snakes, many types of big cats, kangaroos, and more.

If you're in the area, I recommend visiting Heaven's Corner.

(The date on this review will say April 2012, but I actually last visited in 2011. I wasn't able to choose that as an option.)

Visited April 2012
Lewisburg, Ohio, United States
“Other reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

This place is such an amazing home for misplaced and neglected animals! I love how they try to incorporate the natural habitat of the specific animal being housed.We go every year and we donate and try to make sure we do our part. These animals would be put down otherwise. Be advised, it is not a zoo!!! Do not go in if you are expecting that. I am apalled at the bad review that was received. This person obviously doesn't realize what these people are doing, and that the kids get to see and pet a lot of the animals.

Visited July 2011