“Pleasent surprise for our family” 4 of 5 stars

M-Star Hotel Wauseon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8225 State Road 108, Wauseon, OH 43567   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Wauseon
Rawlins, Wyoming
“Pleasent surprise for our family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My wife and 4 children were traveling cross country and it was getting late and snowing. The other brand named hotels in town were expensive so we thought we would give the M Star a try. We got a two bedroom suite for the kids and a queen room next door for us. The rooms were large and clean. The bed was fine. We enjoyed a hot shower and warm room.
The best thing is for both rooms the bill was under $100.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Seemed very upscale for the lower price. Big rooms, nice beds, table, refrigerator, microwave, adustable heat, etc. Lots of units and not crowded and they put guests away from each other. I was impressed for the price and surprised there were so few guests.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Laotto, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I got away for the Labor Day weekend and did not have any destination in mind but we ended up at the Fulton County Fair and went to the Truck and Tractor pull. That got over around 11:00 p,m. and we had no Hotel booked up yet so I got on the internet and brought up the hotels around that area. The others were high priced but the M-star Hotel had one room left and it was definitely a great price. Now if you only like to stay in up-scale Hotels then this hotel is not for you. Yes the Hotel rooms are outdated but they are CLEAN. The rooms have a refrigerator and a microwave in them. We ended up leaving and just staying around the area so we called to see if they had a room for the next night. They did but we ended up staying in a different room but both rooms we stayed in were CLEAN, the bed slept well, the owners were friendly, and for us the price was right. WE WOULD DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN. We stayed in a room just with one Queen bed but it had everything we needed for the night, a bed, a bathroom, a refrigerator & microwave if we needed them. For us AMERICAN OWNED was a plus also. The décor and the bedspreads and the rooms may be outdated but for us it was quaint and we ENJOYED our visit to this Hotel!!

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms # 29 & 31 and we had no odors or other issues for us.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stevensville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was traveling solo so that may have been part of it but it was right off the Interstate and the clerk and location just gave me the creeps. Plus I couldn't get cell coverage in my room which didn't help matters. Room desperately in need of updating...had noisy metal cart for microwave and fridge that rattled everytime you took a step, bathroom was extremely small. It was a really cheap place to stay but I wouldn't recommend for the single ladies.

Room Tip: Room 28 in the corner...noisy, needed updating, no cell signal.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Wauseon hotels

Bowling Green, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

we stayed one night in rm 19 and was disappointed before we even got to the room the man at the front desk didnt remember me booking this on the phone I booked this room a month in advance for one king bed, smoking for one night he told me at time it would be 45$ then i called to confirm the room the night before he said he didnt have that down at all so i had to re-booked a different room for 2 queen beds,smoking it was 66$ wow ok was a alittle upset but figured i would just deal with it!!! then we got into the room what a dump!!!!!! the carpet had some kind of oil on it, the two chairs were filthy,the pics on the web sight are deceiving, and this motel needs to come into the new age and up grade.When i booked this room the first time for a king bed the same man wouldnt take my card for the hold on this room it is pay at time. Who doesnt take a upfront credit card ?

Room Tip: for 20 dollars more you can stay next door in a jacuzze room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Based on prior reviews, recently stayed at the motel. It definitely reminds you of a motel you stayed at with your parents as a kid. The motel is right off the interstate. The property is 30+ years old and the rooms do not appear to be updated, but they are clean. I was surprised to find a refrigerator and a microwave in the room. The bed was firm. The room contained a standup shower. However, the showerhead produced average water pressure. I read from a prior review there was a problem in connecting with the internet. I encountered this same problem. However, I took my laptop to the main office, I was able to connect immediately. The wireless in the office must have a weak signal. It was alittle inconvenient, but considering the price, it is manageable. I would not reccommend the motel to a person concerned about safety. All room doors open directly to the parking lot and the doors do not contain a peep hole. Their are plenty of restaurants gas stations and, grocery stores about 5 minutes away. There is a family restaurant across the street as well.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

After my previous night's experience at Lantz Corners Getaway in Pennsylvania, I couldn't bear the thought of another run-down dump.

The M-Star was a pleasant surprise. The owners, who seem a little eccentric, were really pleasant and just chatty enough. The room was solid and immaculately clean . . . like, really, really clean.

Not much else to say. I'm a sucker for this type of one-story courtyard motel, where they have a chair just outside the room. I hung out, drank some wine and watched huge flocks of birds freak out in advance of the oncoming thunderstorm. Nice!

My only gripe is the quality of the wi-fi. I asked to be put in a room where the signal was strong . . . which it was, but the speed was still anemic. Checking email took forever, don't plan on getting any work done or playing Everquest here.

Still, overall, a great little place, and if I'm in the area I'll certainly be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to M-Star Hotel Wauseon? Share your experiences!