“Great service and location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Credit per Night
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great service and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed for a family reunion. The hotel's located within walking distance to restaurants & is just off the highway. Our room was spacious & clean. Front Desk service was great. We had an brunch and the food was good and the room was perfect for the number of people we had. We took pictures in front of the atrium water fountain and that was nice. Banquet Service was wonderful. Ann Marie is great and took good care of us from our hospitality to our main event. Polly Kondrat was a joy to work with in the Sales process. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It didn't take any time to get to shopping and other attractions.

Room Tip: If you're a really light sleeper, ask to be away from the highway.
Green Features: I like that my towel wasn't replaced unless I requested it. At other hotels, I keep it hung up instead of on the floor, but they take it anyway. Just a simple thing to help conserve water.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bryan J, General Manager at Marriott Cleveland East, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Ms. DivaAlways,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your experience while with us. I am extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay, and I will acknowledge the staff members that you mentioned for their memorable service.

Thank you for choosing Marriott Hotels, and visiting us during your family reunion.

Bryan Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Thai first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I'm rather fond of the Marriott brand, as I think they do a great job of consistent quality control. I stayed here for a wedding and was not disappointed. The hotel is very close to freeways and a major shopping mall. Parking is very easy. The room was clean, and spacious, the service good, and the wifi fast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Investroll,

Thank you for taking moment to share your experience at our hotel recently. It seems as though you enjoyed your entire stay, and I will ensure to pass your feedback on to our staff.

Please feel free to contact me if I can ever assist during a future visit to our hotel.

Best Regards,
Bryan Johnson
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I happen to be in the area during a trip to Chicago and stumbled across this hotel.
I made the reservation online and they told me they had recently renovated the place from top to bottom. The front desk staff was very courteous and friendly and the check in went smoothly. To my surprise I found the place to be immaculate and very modern. The room is reminded me of a higher class of hotel and were very modern as well. Everything in the room was new and comfortable and the place was very quiet I had a great stay here and would highly recommend it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel offers a beautiful lobby, gym, pool and location if you need to be in Warrensville Heights. Other than that they can scrap the whole place and start over including the staff. We walked into our assigned room and first thing we immediately noticed was the funky smell. We figured it must just be the room so we called down and mentioned it. No hesitation - they came right up and switched us to another room. So far, so good, right? Different room. Same smell. Yuck! Musty, slightly damp and moldy smelling. Oh well. Moving on. The air-conditioner in room units and we realized that's where the smell was coming from. Some systems maintenance might be required. In any case, we get settled and fire up the computers. Free wifi, right? Wrong. $9.95 per day. I checked online and it clearly says free wifi. Stopped at the front desk and mentioned it. Response was "oh is that right. No problem we'll take it off the bill." How many people do you think have paid the $10 per day without even blinking? They know it's supposed to be included with the room. The final act of this play had to do with the housekeeping personnel. I made a mistake (my error) and left a $20 bill among some papers on the desk. The housekeeper took it, but was nice enough to leave us a note "thanking us for the tip and wishing us a good Fourth of July." Definitely would not stay in this hotel again.

Stayed July 2014
Bryan J, General Manager at Marriott Cleveland East, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear GoneDivingVA,

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, and for the issues that you experienced. I have asked our maintenance supervisor to inspect the HVAC systems regarding your sense of the smell. I would also like to make up the fact that someone mistakenly took money as a gratuity. If you would like to contact me directly, I would like to issue you a refund to compensate you for this loss.

Once again, I am truly sorry for the shortfalls that you experienced, and I hope to have the chance to regain your loyalty on a future visit to our area,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have stayed at this Marriott a couple of times, and recommend it highly. It is, for sure, a big chain experience, but I think that they try very hard, and make a fuss of me as a Marriott Rewards member. I particularly like the fact that they are generous with the free bottled water. As a Marriott Rewards member, I got access to the concierge lounge which tried very hard to take care of me. They stayed open a few minutes for me when I arrived late in the evening, and held breakfast for me when I wanted to work out. On that subject, it has a more than satisfactory workout facility. I will be back, and its good value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I'm Marriott platinum and have stayed at dozens of full service Marriotts. The beds are almost always comfortable, and the staff ready to help. This is an aging property, and one of the rare times when I ended up switching before the night was over.

had a room on the top floor, and it was about 85 degrees during the day, cooling to about 72 at night. Despite having the thermostat on 60, the room just kept getting warmer. Around 10:30pm, engineering came up and did what they could. He explained that because it wasnt super warm outside, the HVAC system was running half and half - one half AC, one half heat. Which meant the AC system was at half capacity, only half the vent was blowing cold air. Fast forward an hour, the room was still something like 78 degrees. I had to bail and switched to the springhill down the road for the night. for the next three nights, I ended up all the way down at the Kent State Hotel, which was much nicer. theres also a new aloft hotel in nearby Beachwood you might consider instead.

The staff was nice, offered to switch me to a different room, and did not charge me for the night. There was nothing they could have done differently, the issue was a structural one where their aging building just cant put out enough ac.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bryan J, General Manager at Marriott Cleveland East, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear JIMNJEAN,

I wanted to apologize that you did not 100% enjoy your time at the hotel due to the AC in the room. Our system does run in 5 separate modes based on the outside temperature. I did double check with our Maintenance Supervisor to ensure that all valves and thermostats are in the correct working order.

I am sorry to hear that you had to choose to stay elsewhere. Please let me know if I can assist any further or on any future visit to the area. Thank you for choosing Marriott Hotels.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed on business. The room was spacious with nice toiletries, good shower. Fitness center is clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful. But the room (on the fifth floor) smelled like old musty linen and body oils ("oldman smell"). When I checked in it smelled like air freshener. I pointed it out to the housekeeping staff, they said they have to use a daily spray to cover the smell; because I waived housekeeping on day 2 of my stay they were not able to "spray room freshener". I think it would be better to replace the items causing the odor rather than fabreeze the room. Otherwise I would recommend it to a friend and would likely stay there again because a comfortable bed and a good shower are key.

Room Tip: 1/2 the rooms are on the freeway on ramp and you can hear the noise. The others face a parking lot b...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Bryan J, General Manager at Marriott Cleveland East, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Milo W,

I wanted to personally apologize for the issues that you experienced and expressed about the odor in your guest room. I am truly sorry that this occurred, and I am working with our operation's team to identify the source. It was very nice to see that you did enjoy your stay overall and would consider us again. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can assist any further or on a future visit to the hotel.

Warm Regards,
Bryan

Been to Marriott Cleveland East? Share your experiences!