“Very Nice and Affordable Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Chillicothe, Ohio
“Very Nice and Affordable Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as we were attending an evening wedding reception at this hotel. Our room was very clean and spacious. The beds were comfortable. There is a large lobby with very comfortable chairs. The exercise room had a lot of equipment. I did not use this facility but had I known it would be so nice I would have brought clothes to work out. The pool was very nice and the kids loved swimming there. The pool room was not hot and humid like some can be so we could sit and watch them swim in comfort. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Thai first
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We spent one night at this hotel and found it to be typical of its class. Nice amenities, good staff, and very clean rooms and public area. It also had the annoying surcharges of upscale hotels - such as $10 per day for internet access. Breakfast was a good value at around $16, and the service was excellent. Nice selection of tea in the lobby. Bed was a bit on the soft side. In general, what you would expect from Marriott.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Laguna Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights over Labor Day weekend. This is a fantastic this hotel, and I'm picky. Ultra clean room, luxurious bedding & mattress were above & beyond 5 star, and wonderful customer service when we checked in late at night after a long day of travel (thank you front desk clerk Mary Ann!). It comes very close to being 5 star, but... the restaurant is overpriced ($12.00 for basic 2 eggs & toast ), the tv cable access is programmed to be slow & tedius, room had an empty refrigerator-sized cabinet but no fridge, and a safe is always a plus. I agree with other reviewers that charging for daily internet access is irritating. We asked for it to be comped. When I'm back in Cleveland, I won't hesitate for a moment to stay here, and I highly recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
East Setauket, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Clean hotel. Our AAA deal included a wonderful buffet breakfast. Rooms were adequate and clean, but the shower was "absolutely outstanding" and the beds were comfortable. Stayed for 3 nights, but the sheets were changed only for 2= 1 point demerit.

Room Tip: A good room is high up away from the elevators.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My co-worker and I stayed at this hotel Aug 19th thru Aug 24th on business. The first night there my co-worker's room had bed bugs. This was brought to the General Manager Kenny Didier attention he moved her room. I then asked him that Monday afternoon to move my room. Mr. Didier assured me that my room was safe. Early Tuesday morning I woke up with bed bugs in my bed and bits all over me!!!!!!! I was so upset because this could of been prevented!! I then asked to be moved out of that hotel to the Hilton. I have reached out to the Marriott and No response!! The Marriott is nationwide and for this to have happen and they did NOTHING!!! Bad Business
Stay At Your Own Risk!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here!! There other Hotels in that area!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kenny D, General Manager at Marriott Cleveland East, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Ms. J,

I acknowledge there was a problem on property and we have gone through necassary steps to absolve the issue. We continue to be on the front end of these type of issues through preventative measures on a daily basis. As a gesture of service, I assumed all your travels costs and relocation expenses. I again apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located to the interstate and is only a ten minute drive to legacy village. The hotel is also about 20-25 minutes from CWRU. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was very attentive and helpful. The hotel also has a decent gym.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This place is a little tricky to find if using the GPS. This is a traditional Marriott hotel about 20 minutes from the airport. When I checked in the host was very kind. He even walked me to the elevator and gave me a mini tour of the hotel since it was my first stay. They have the standard amenities: restaurant, gym, small pool. The rooms were clean and simple, basically your standard Marriott king room. I stayed here because the Downtown hotels were sold out. When I am back in Cleveland, I will be fine staying here again.

Note: when parking, park in the right side lot. It is closer to the side doors that are closer to the elevators to the rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Cleveland East? Share your experiences!