“Very Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
ohio
“Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had reservations for 7P New Years Eve & arrived shortly before. The entrance was packed with no waiting areas & they were 1 hr. behind in seating people. We finally were seated @ 8P. The waiter arrived shortly after informing us all homemade bread was gone & he'd bring pita bread. I heard him tell another couple all they had was Schwebel's & he was sure they didn't want that. When our food arrived & I cut into my salmon it was raw & jelly-like. He returned it to be cooked further & I ate my side of pasta. My husband finished his entire meal before my salmon was brought. I asked for a to-go box & said I was very disappointed. I felt there was no sense in saying anything more as the owner was still running around trying to seat people & the entrance was still packed. We had eaten here many times under the previous owner & had always loved the food & enjoyed the atmosphere. What a disaster!! Sue

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Chicago
“Nice decor, disappointing meal.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were a party of 6. Four of us arrived at the time of the reservation and were seated using the reservation name. The other two came 5 minutes later but were told their party had not yet arrived. TWENTY MINUTES LATER I phone my friends to ask about their delay only to discover that the maitre de had goofed. NO attempt on their part to compensate for their mistake.

The dishes were bare bones. Cod was OK, Salmon B- and overdone. The chicken piccata and walnut encrusted chicken looked and tasted better. Sides were disappointing, including the penne marinara which I sent back as undercooked...still no attempt to make it right.

Several people came to the table to ask if everything was OK but when the were told 'no' they made no attempt to fix it. In a small market like Warren, this place may be considered upscale. In a major food market, they would be out of business in a month.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Ohio
“ALWAYS GOOD FOOD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

this place has great food. a little expensive for my taste but never the less it's a beautiful place.

Visited February 2012
CAPE CORAL, FL
“We Miss The Abruzzi Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Cafe 422 has been in Niles longer than me. I can remember as a child we would go to the Cafe422 and it was a special treat. It had to be a special occassion or someones birthday. I remember Bob Abtruzzi coming to your table with his trumpet and playing Happy Birthday. He would then talk to you for a little bit and thank you for coming to see him. The new owner is ok and I was suprized that the food was still so good. I am glad the new ownership kept a lot of stuff the same. I think that if 422 went out of business, so would Niles. Hae LOVED the Chicken Parm forever and ever. I think they already know what I want when I go there as that IS my favorite thing on the menu

Visited August 2012
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Good Italian pleasant atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was an adequate restaurant in a fairly depressed area Food was good - calamari, orange roughy, ravioli, eggplant parm, all tasty. Red sauce had a different aftertaste but ok. Service was extremely efficient althogh a little rushed I am not sure if waitress intended to slam everything down on the table, but she did. Otherwise pleasant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere