“Wonderful and worth it!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North (Warren/Niles)

You added Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North (Warren/Niles) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North (Warren/Niles)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Highland Terrace Boulevard, State Route 46, Warren, OH 44484   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Warren
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alliance
“Wonderful and worth it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and our 2 boys (4&8) stayed over on a Saturday. I have stayed at other Holiday inn Express's before and this one by far was the BEST. From booking over the phone, to check in and check out. The friendliest staff i have had anywhere. Pool and hot tub were great. Breakfast and the ladies working were so freindly and would take the time to talk to different guests. Any time we had a question at the desk we were offered pop or water or snack. The room was very spacious. Only draw back with that is the heavy curtains do not close, so the sun comes in early. But overall VERY satisfied and will def go again.

And even though we didnt need to use it but, the pool has a lift for those who cant or have trouble getting in and out. That is just awesome as we have family who do not travel due to this reason..

Great job Holiday Inn Express in Warren Ohio :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was by far the best Holiday Inn, and quite possibly the best Hotel, we have ever stayed in!!! Everyone was super nice, and genuinely so! Food everywhere, and all the time. From the treats at the front desk to the great complimentary breakfast, you can't go hungry! It was the little things too. Toothpaste and a toothbrush in the room, paper in the morning and very nice pool and hot tube. And the free internet was bonus. I cannot thing of one negative thing.

Room Tip: Added bonus treats for members.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Housekeeping came in and confiscated without my permission an unlit candle that was in my travel bag in my room. (They did leave a note and a flameless candle.) The hotel refused to return the candle until check-out. When I complained to Corporate Holiday Inn that I did not like my things being gone through and taken, Jennifer [--] the General Manager wrote (via email) that I was not welcome as a guest in the future at this Holiday Inn. She also advised that it was the local fire department's policy (Howland) that all candles be confiscated from guest rooms. I believe I have a privacy interest in my things that are in my hotel room. I don't believe the hotel should take them. I should have filed a theft report with the local police department. When the hotel treats me like a child, refuses to give the candle back and then tells me to stay elsewhere I have a definite problem. I also don't appreciate housekeeping going through my things without my permission. When I advised the front desk that I would be issuing a complaint with Corporate, my reservation was mysteriously cancelled. So of course I never received a survey to fill out and I had to contact Corporate in order to obtain my points. (The hotel knew I was mad and did not want me to fill out a negative review of their property.) This is by far the worst customer service I have ever received anywhere. The problem is that this hotel is independently owned and operated and they will not answer to Corporate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
mfhorn, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North (Warren/Niles), responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We would like to offer our apologies for any inconvenience this individual experienced during their stay at our facility while offering clarification of the facts.
Unfortunately, it is a violation of local fire regulations as well as house policies to have open flames of any type in our guest rooms. We do not condone violations of life safety issues and as noted by the reviewer we did take the liberty to offer a note that we had taken the candle (from the bathroom sink) and replaced it with a scented battery operated candle for their convenience. It should be noted that at no time did we ever go through their “personal belongings”. We would also like to confirm that the candle was in fact returned the morning of check-out to this reviewers traveling companion.
It should be further clarified that we have no need to cancel any reservation and this parties points were issued the morning of their check-out. At no time did the reviewer have to call “Corporate” to have them issued.
In closing we thank this reviewer form their comments but we take life safety seriously and strive to be the very best in offering a clean, friendly and safe environment. This statement can be confirmed with the other reviews of our fine facility with Tripadvisor.
Our hotel’s position on burning candles, breaking local fire regulations and endangering other patrons is something we do not condone or tolerate. As stated by the reviewer we have requested that this individual find alternate accommodations that might meet those requirements.
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

From the cheerful employee welcome, warm cookies, free bags of potato chips and pretzels to the well decorated hotel this is a must stay when in the area. Room was spacious with good lighting. Don't forget to bring the bathing suit because the pool and hot tub are enclosed and exceptionally decorated. The staff are always smiling and helpful. Breakfast is adequate and every evening there was some special treat for the guests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tuckerton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel sets the bar high for other hotels in the area they are very clean,friendly,and very customer oriented its also smoke and pet free two things I always look for when choosing a hotel the room was clean, roomy, and comfortable only negative I would have to say is the room was a little dusty but housekeeping came everyday and did an excellent job overall I enjoyed my stay and would stay again as we'll as recommend

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed over night for a family fun night in the middle of winter so the kids could swim and have fun. We live close but have never stayed here before. The experience was EXCEPTIONAL. From booking the room, checking in, seeing our beautiful room for the first time, the pool area was super clean and they provided pool towels, breakfast was better than most hotels offer, the staff always asks if you need anything with a smile. If you are traveling from out of town or just want a night away with your family you can't go wrong with choosing this hotel. Can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
Pickerington, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The hotel is very nicely decorated (for a Holiday Inn Express). The pool and seating area were very pretty. The rooms were very clean and incredibly well-stocked. There was the expected soap, shampoo, etc. but also snacks on arrival, bottled water, toothbrushes and toothpaste, and even a small sewing kit.

The hotel is situated right near a mall with lots of other eating choices nearby, but I chose to eat dinner there. On Wednesday's they offer 25 cent drinks and free dinner in the breakfast area - what's not to love about that? Although the food was not exactly gourmet, it was tasty. The cook came out and offered his special hot peppers for the pasta, and the bartender was fun as well.

There are free snacks and drinks offered at all times, so even if this is a bit more expensive than some basic Holiday Inn's, the service and extras make it well worth the price. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North (Warren/Niles)? Share your experiences!