“Fantastic hotel for the price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North (Warren/Niles)

You added Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North (Warren/Niles) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North (Warren/Niles)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Highland Terrace Boulevard, State Route 46, Warren, OH 44484   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Warren
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orlando, FL
“Fantastic hotel for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I recently stayed at the Warren Holiday Inn Express on two separate occasions; I’ve consistently found the hotel clean, the staff professional and friendly and the additional perks excellent.

On arrival I was given a gift basket containing snacks, and offered soda or water.

We arrived to ‘Manager’s drinks’ around 6pm, which involved free soup and snacks & 25c wine, beer and liquor. I was told in the summer the hotel ‘cooks out’ in the back garden area. Our next stay, which was several days later, had pasta and meatballs, a selection of cheeses and salami and a cut vegetable selection (plus the 25c drinks) for the evening meal. The food and drink has always been of a good standard. The breakfast was good – it was a selection of hot food (eggs, sausage, biscuits, and sausage gravy), yoghurt, fruit, bagels, etc.

The business center was well laid out.

The rooms were clean and well finished and we had no complaints. I frequently stay in 5-star hotels in Florida as part of my job and have to say that this hotel, with the perks, offers better value. There is a Fairfield Inn just across the road next to the home depot. My travel plans changed and I came back to Warren for a few days before flying home. I had to stay at the Fairfield for two nights as this hotel was booked up - I paid more, got no free perks, and the breakfast was extremely poor (the fruit was over ripe the first day and then completely green the next).

The Holiday Inn Express is across Route 46 from the Eastwood Mall, which has various shopping and dining options a short walk away.

I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again next time I’m in the Warren area. The perks really do define this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

On our way out east, my wife and I stayed at the Warren Holiday Inn. The stay was wonderful. The room was excellent, clean, roomy and "smelled good". The staff was extremely friendly. The concern of the manager and housekeeping was above and beyond and was deeply appreciated. I would recommend a stay at the Warren Holiday Inn Express to anyone traveling thru the area.

Bedford, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

enjoyed my experience at your hotel, everyone that works there are very courteous, and the place is very clean, and the decor is very bright and pleasing to the eye!!! i will be back!!!

Lima, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Clean, friendly staff, beautiful outdoor area, great food offerings evening and breakfast.
Will definitely be staying here again!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

First of all, I am extremely critical of hotels. I really don't like surprises and when traveling on business I will stick to HI Express and Hampton Inn.
This is easily the best HI Express I have ever visited. They all have similar features and there is no mistaking which hotel chain you are visiting, but this HI Express is just better than the rest.
This place is really clean from the lobby to the room. The staff is very courteous and the atmosphere is very positive.
I would not hesitate to stay here again and I would highly recommend this hotel if you are in the Warren area. All of the people in my travel party, 4 or 5 of us, were all very pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if there is a negotiated rate with the business you are visiting. This saves a lot of...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at the last minute over Labor Day weekend and had an excellent visit! The only negative was the broken elevator which we thought it odd that it was not repaired over the 3 days we were there.

Excellent hot breakfast, clean rooms, nice friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2011
mfhorn, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North (Warren/Niles), responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Please accept our apologies for the elevator being down for the three days you were with us. This was a result of a complete breakdown of the elevator and took over three days for a complete repair. We did offer all of our guests assistance as well as a discount for their inconvenience,
We hope to see you in the near future.
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

So in my view this is a typical Holiday Inn Express. It's what I've come to expect and this is why I go to them. Cleanliness, breakfast, consistancy etc. etc.
My only concern with this location was the price. $159.99 for the night and after taxes $183.19. Now granted when I got there, was too tired to fuss but it's sat with me and I thought I'd let others know. The front desk person did say it was high season but not sure where the high season attractions are to justify that price.
Other than that the place is what you'd expect from a H.I. Express.
I do believe there was a Marriot across the street that may be worth checking the price of.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North (Warren/Niles)? Share your experiences!