“Money well spent” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The Amish Country Theater features family comedy variety shows that are guaranteed to entertain the whole family. The unique shows include live music, hilarious actors, magicians, clean family comedians, homemade concessions, souvenirs, and a great atmosphere. Our 300-seat auditorium is located inside of an authentic Amish barn. Come early to enjoy the most famous foods from around Amish Country. Don’t forget to pick up some merchandise in our authentic Hen House!
Toowoomba
8 attraction reviews
“Money well spent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We paid $20 each to sit back and relax and listen to some down to earth music we were not disappointed.
We didn't need to buy any food here and even though I came an hour and a half early to buy my tickets even saying I am going to get something to eat then be back was not told they had a snack shop. I believe the snack shop is more for intermission so the food served would be suitable for that.
The gift shop is small but if you want to shop plenty of places to shop elsewhere.
Ok maybe suits the 50 year or older person as this seemed to be the age group but I believe if you go expecting just some good light entertainment after all this is Amish country not the bright lights and prices of the cities.

Visited June 2013

Mansfield, Ohio, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Waste of time and money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The food selection was nachos or no nachos. The gift shop was a joke. The actors were local and had a best no talent. The band couldn't hold a job in the worst red neck bar in town. The stage had about 5 props and the front wasn't even finished or enclosed. I have seen better and more animated productions put on by a group of 5 th graders in my back yard. I have a feeling that some of the other reviewers must have gone to another show and got confused. the worst part is I had read the other reviews and brought friends. I would be less harsh if I thought the actors were even attempting to give a good show. This show is a collosial waste of time

Visited June 2013
AmishCountryTheater, Manager at The Amish Country Theater, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Wally,

Thanks for sharing your review. We realize that our show is not for everyone and the style of humor may not have suited your personal preference. We receive extremely positive feedback after each of our shows about the high quality and value of our entertainment and professional entertainers. However, we take all feedback seriously and try to address each point.

When our guests see the show - they are greeted by Ken Groves - a professional, nationally-known ventriloquist who has performed in Las Vegas, Carnival & Disney Cruise Lines, and has been featured on TV over 12 times. The rest of our talented cast also has extensive acting experience. We can assure you that our cast is passionate about entertaining and putting on a great show for every audience that comes to the theater. We apologize if you didn't feel the same way.

The Amish Country Theater band is one of the most popular parts of our shows, and has received standing ovations from our guests. When not at our show, the band travels, performing at festivals and gatherings, and are highly sought after by festival and corporate event planners.

After seeing the show, you would know that our food stand in the lobby has over 20 different options for you to choose, from popcorn, chicken sandwiches, coneys, soft pretzels, homemade pie and ice cream, and more. Our gift shop is for souvenir purposes and is located in an authentic Hen House. Our intention is not for our guests to spend an hour shopping, but instead to find a souvenir to take home as a fun reminder of the show. The front of our stage is intentionally left open to allow better acoustics and reverberation. It also adds to the realism of the Amish barn setting.

Our goal is to create an affordable, family friendly, and hilarious show that people can come and enjoy, no matter what stage of life you are in. The show has experienced incredible growth and popularity with many guests and groups coming back to see the show multiple times. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to the opportunity of entertaining you again soon!

The Amish Country Theater
Dover, Ohio
25 attraction reviews
“Family Entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This show is entertaining and a great place to go spend and evening for good old fashioned family entertainment.

Visited December 2012
Upland, Indiana
“Awesome night with the family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Amish Country Theater was on my list of must-attend's when I was in Amish Country this past summer, and it did not disappoint! The staff was friendly and helpful, the look and feel of the place was great, the food was amazing, and the show was hilarious! Lynyrd and the gang kept us entertained and laughing the entire time, both children and adults. I would definitely recommend attending The Amish Country Theater, it was a great time!

Visited June 2012
Millersburg, Ohio
“Awesome Show!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I still have to laugh just thinking about the experience we had at the Amish Country Theater. Who would've thought that such a high level of entertainment could be had right in the middle of Amish Country? The inside was renovated to look like an amish barn and barnyard. They even had a huge windmill in the lobby. One of my favorite parts though was the fantastic view from their back balcony. It overlooked a valley full of country scenery that was nothing less than amazing. The auditorium had very comfortable padded theater chairs with arm rests. But that's just the facility. The show itself is what's really worth talking about. There was live bluegrass music as well as some seriously funny characters. The sketches were appropriate for the whole family and trust me, you won't want to miss Lynyrd and his "trumpets" that he just has to play for the audience. Overall, it was a great show that offered high quality entertainment for me and my family.

Visited July 2012