“I won't be back!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Wadsworth
Fort Erie, Canada
“I won't be back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My brother booked this hotel for us for a weekend stay in Akron. He told me he got a "four star room at a two star price" so I was destined to be disappointed. First the good points. The room had wireless internet, there were many cats roaming around the area, it had nice landscaping, the shower water was hot, and the beds were clean. The location is close to the freeway exit, and there are plenty of places to eat in the neighborhood. But then, there was no hair dryer and no shampoo, as someone else noted.

The first thing we noticed about the room was that it smelled of cigarettes even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room.It was so bad it gave me a headache. The next thing we noticed was the huge gap under the door. It looked like someone had used a crowbar to pry it open.

When my brother complained to the desk staff he was told that the place was booked solid for the whole weekend, as was every other place in the area, and it was very unlikely another room would become available. This was an outright lie since there were maybe 4 rooms occupied in our little strip of rooms, and the other strips didn't look any more occupied.

The "wireless internet" must have been on a dial-up connection because we had great difficulty getting websites. I gave up after waiting ten minutes for my email to load.

The beds were clean but of a cheap model and very hard. Restful sleep was not really an option. We had booked the place for 3 nights and only made it through 2. We didn't even bother to talk to the desk about a refund for the last night. The deciding factor to leave early was when the police arrived in the middle of the night at a room a few doors from ours.

Room Tip: Look at the bottom of the door to make sure it goes all the way to the floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wadsworth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The staff were friendly and the room was clean. Nice refrigerator and microwave. The landscaping was great, like a park. I would have appreciated the outside of the windows to be clean as well as shampoo and a hair dryer. Maybe they had some at the office to give out but I didn't ask.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Not TOO clean..felt the need to lysol and bleach before I settled in..this is prob mostly to dated appearance and no one sweeping beside the nightstand for decades...staff was SUPER nice...mattress and bedding UGH!! Ammentities and TV good
The MAJOR issue is the UNREAL amount of highway noise you can hear!!! I checked 100 times bc it was soooo loud I WAS CERTAIN I had left my door and window open (that doesnt open) i even had to record it on my phone its so unreal...hence why i am up at 12 AM :(
This is only night one of 3....

• Stayed May 2013
Port Lavaca, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed here for a little over a month while my bf was working in Wadsworth, Ohio. The price was amazing. I wish we would have found this hotel sooner because we had been staying at a more expensive hotel for about 2 months before finding this hidden gem. The rooms are clean, but a little small. They are nice though. The housekeepers are sweet. The pool was the main factor we chose to go there because we have kids with us and staying in a hotel without a pool during the summertime is a very bad idea. So this hotel pretty much saved my sanity. The internet works well.

Room Tip: You need a room close to the office to get good internet service.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mount Vernon Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed at this place on 6/13 nice location just off I-76 exit 9 Wadsworth, Ohio. non smoking rooms, King size beds, microwave ovens, refigrator, & you park right in front of your door to the room your on a private drive tree lined street nice flat screen TVs and at a great price $52.88 that includeds tax and the staff was very friendly....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bryan, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed there,this past saturday,very clean,the people there were so helpful,great a/c one of the best.injoyed the people there.when back there i'll stay there again.

Room Tip: very good a/c and service
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip. The room was dirty and the mattress was hard and old. Went to the lobby to see if they had bottled water. Had to interrupt the employee from her TV show and was told very briefly to go through the door to next room. Where I found an old vending machine which had "pop" no water. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Wadsworth hotels

Been to Legacy Inn Suites? Share your experiences!