“Quirky and fun.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Brisbane
“Quirky and fun.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Lovely place to meet friends, open late, with quirky back room. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

Visited November 2011

59% Recommend
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011 via mobile

We were at this restaurant tonight and totally enjoyed ourselves. The service and food were wonderful. The atmosphere is fun and everyone there seem to be enjoying themselves. Including the employees. I'm not sure about some of these other reviews that were on here but we found the complete opposite. And I might add it was completely packed so they must be doing something right. The manager even came up to us and she bought me a drink for my birthday. Thanks we will be back. Oh yeah check out their deck and patio. It's by far one of the coolest deck I have ever seen. We started at the bar with a young man David who waited on us. What a nice young man who likes to show some great bar tricks

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wadsworth, Ohio
“After 3 years of not going, this experience reminded us of why”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

My husband & I used to frequent this place (and stopped going over 3 years ago) when the food & service became (to put it nicely) unsatisfactory. Since then we had heard that it had changed owners - not sure how many times.
Yesterday afternoon around 5 p.m. we decided we'd try it again. Upon entering, it looked the same and we seated ourselves. There was a table of about 8 toward the rear, only a couple of booths with people in them, and three people sitting at the bar - not busy. After a bit of a wait the server finally took our order: (my husband - rack of ribs (with a salad) and a root beer, me - the Spicy Pickles appetizer & Ocracoke fish sandwich and water. When we finally got the drinks the root beer was flat. We mentioned it to the server and she got another one - same thing. Tried a Pepsi, same thing. Then we waited.....and waited......our server had disappeared. I was facing the rear of the place so I could see who was coming and going - no server. From the time we sat down until this point we'd been there 50 minutes. The table that came in behind us had gotten their food. Finally, my husband asked another server if he could at least go ahead and get his salad. She went to check then came back and said, "She forgot to put the order in. What did you order?" So we just (nicely) said, "Just forget about it. We'll go someplace else. We're not waiting anymore. We haven't seen our server since we got the last soda." I told my husband to leave a couple of dollars to cover the (flat) soda - we certainly didn't want to be accused of skipping out on that. My husband laid $3 on the table (which was $1 too much in my opinion) and we left. Guess we just paid for a space to sit for almost an hour.
Overall, the 2 servers seemed a little ditzy but they were young (is that an excuse?). The service (especially in a very unbusy place) was unacceptable. If anything, Spunkmeyer's is worse now than it was when we stopped going over 3 years ago.
If it's possible I'd give this place ZERO stars.
*I understand that Spunkmeyer's now has a great deck & bar outside in the back - maybe they are just going for the bar business - still we'll take our bar business elsewhere.
**The sad thing is that because Wadsworth is a small town it seems that many places feel as if they just don't have to try so hard - some people will just accept what is offered to them because things are close. Aside from Kasai, Cas del Rio, and (sometimes) The Galaxy there are no other restaurants really worth going to. Fortunately, Montrose is only 12 minutes away and there are many good-to-great options there.

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
puppyjjtl, Owner at Spunkmeyers Pub, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Dear Ginger 7789

I’m posting a response back about your review of Spunkmeyers Pub on Trip Advisor. I read your review completely and really thought about all of your complaints…I’m very sorry you had a bad experience at my restaurant/bar. From your comments it appears we dropped the ball and I wish I would have been there during your visit so I could have rectified these problems.

The slow service is not the ‘norm’ for Spunkmeyers and I truly apologize for this…as for the flat soda, this does happen from time to time. Although this should not happen, sometimes the Co2 goes low and the staff does not catch it quick enough.

I do appreciate your statement “Spunkmeyers has a great deck and bar outside”…but my bet is your poor service was due to the deck being very busy and the Server became involved in the back deck and did not watch her front tables. But that is no excuse and again I apologize.

The only statement I do however disagree with is “ Wadsworth is a small town and places like Spunkmeyers don’t have to try hard…” on the contraire, we always try very hard to keep our guests happy. But again, it looks like in your circumstance we didn’t do a good job…

I have been the owner of Spunkmeyers for 15 years now, and in a small town, that is pretty good for a small business to stay in business this long…especially a restaurant/bar.

So, again, I’m sorry you had a bad experience at Spunkmeyers, and I would like to make it up to your and your husband. Please feel free to call me at 330-334-1317 (my other business), ask for Jeff or leave your number and I will call you back and buy you dinner at Spunkmeyers or any other place in Montrose.

Jeff Wolf
owner
“The food is good bar food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011 via mobile

Food is good but service is lacking. One server in particular should not still be there. She is terribly rude to the customers.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wadsworth, Ohio
“This place used to be great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

This was the premier place to go in Wadsworth. Was well managed by a professional. Three years ago they started raising prices frequently and the cleanliness and quality suffered. The current manager has no clue on how to offer good customer service. The manager blames the entertainment for low sales - not high prices or lack of quality. I would advise against going their until someone can clean up the mess that was once a great place to relax with friends.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere