“Clean and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vermilion
Ohio
“Clean and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here one night in October. We were in town from east side of Cleveland and needed a place to crash after eating at a restaurant in town. Staff was friendly and room was clean and bathroom seemed recently updated. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Yuma, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my son overnight after a day of fishing on Lake Erie. Very convenient location near town and marina. The room was clean, good size, comfortable, and staff was very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again if staying in Vermilion.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Usually, I find Holiday Inn Express locations to be adequate, clean places...but this place is super! The staff is quite friendly, and the location is convenient...with a large field behind it that just screams Ohio! The pool and hottub have lifts for the folks that need such, and the breakfast has hot and cold components.
Great stop.
Thanks, Y'all!

Room Tip: Get a room with the view of the field. :)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were nice and everything was updated! The hotel was surprisingly quiet! The rooms were very clean! Breakfast was good. Pancake machine was cool. The mattress was the hardest most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in!

• Stayed September 2013
Toledo, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Four of us stayed for the best part of a week. I am not big on the morning continental breakfast deal but my kids liked it. The room was okay and the people friendly. Access was easy as was parking. I will likely stay there again however, I think the price was certainly high for what you got. I'd call it a fairly low dollar to value ratio. I think they are likely skinning Cedar Point travelers (which we weren't). If traveling through again, I'd check price first then make a decision based on that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vermillion, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Texaque,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are pleased to know we were able to meet your expectations during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
burlington, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My sister and I stayed at several Holiday Inn Express hotels during our trip around Ohio this August. This was the best location. When we arrived to check in with our preferred member status, we received 3 grab bag options for snacks and 2 bottles of water - along with fresh cookies at the front counter. Each day we received the USA Today paper at our door when we left the room. The breakfast was excellent (as usual for a Holiday Inn Express) but what made this one great was that the staff member was wearing gloves when working around the food and she really did well with keeping everything stocked. For example, I made a comment about grabbing the last butter and asked my sister if she wanted to share it - the woman servicing the area came right over and said "I have plenty of butter!" and handed us more and restocked the area quickly. That was service above and beyond what I expected. The trash cans were emptied often (another small gripe I usually have at hotel breakfast areas) and the counter tops were clean and well maintained. Overall, above the standard. This was a Holiday Inn that was really worth the value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I am usually pleased with my stays at Holiday Inns ---- not this time. The carpet in my room was dark and deeply stained; the single chair was uncomfortable and its cloth seat was also stained; the bed sheets did not have the usual bright-white-look of most Holiday Inns; and the wi-fi did not work in my room. Yes, the staff was friendly (as other reviewers have mentioned), but my first priorities are comfort and cleanliness. Here, the Holiday Inn chain simply failed. My stay was for one night, in mid-August, on my way to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The other Holiday Inns that I stayed at on this trip were far better.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vermillion, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Joyce S,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Vermillion? Share your experiences!