“Just OK. Not bad, not great, just OK.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 34 Restaurants in Vandalia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Baltimore, Maryland
“Just OK. Not bad, not great, just OK.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were greeted very nicely and the service is good, but for a place that has been open for so long we were really expecting more. I saw the listing in a tourism magazine, so I was expecting a barbecue place, which this is not. Food was OK. Sauce on the ribs was good but the ribs were tough and serving size was small. Overall value was good. They do need to do something with the decor! The place just seemed kinda sad.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Milford Center, Ohio
“Fantastic Food and Service PERIOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Had a whole rack of ribs with my family this past Friday November 8th. I also ordered the onion rings and coleslaw and shared the freshcut fries with my ten year old. EVERYTHING I ate was fantastic. A previous reviewer said all the sides and chicken, etc. came from GFS or premade. I don't where they have been eating, but it is simply NOT true at the Rib House. The onion rings/ straws are obviously homemade as were the fresh-cut fries and the coleslaw- even the ranch my kid likes to dip her fries in was house-made ( I could tell b/c I HATE the bottled hidden valley stuff). We had excellent service by an experienced and attentive server who anticipated our needs, took away empty plates, and refilled our glasses. I truly had one of the best meals I have had in many years. I have nothing personally to gain by exaggerating except the satisfaction of acknowledging a restaurant that gets it right. The only MINOR observation that I might agree with other posters is that the inside is looking a bit dated and could use a touch up. Other than that, this place is a classic that has my business anytime I am within 50 miles.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ohio
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

When we pulled into the parking lot, we were happy to see it very crowded. You would think that would be a good sign, but not so. Ribs were tough and the sauce was bland. The house salad dressing was the best part of the meal.

Visited November 2013
IRONTON
“Just OK, food not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for the first time. We got the chicken fingers, boneless ribs, and a buffalo chicken strip salad. They came with cole slaw, macaroni and cheese, bbq sauce and french fries.
The salad was prob the best thing we ordered, and it was still pretty average. The chicken strips on it were not good. Its only saving grace was the house garlic dressing. It was delicious.
The ribs were nothing special. The included bbq sauce had a bit of spice to make it hot, but absolutely no flavor.
The chicken strips, as with the salad, were just not good. The seasoning or the oil the fried it in just did not have a good flavor.
The best thing were the french fries. They were very good. All in all, what we considered good was the honey mustard dipping sauce, the house garlic salad dressing, and the fries. We more than likely will not eat here again. Not to mention the parking lot was completely empty on a friday afternoon which should have been our first clue....

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Huber Heights, Ohio, United States
“Only do pick up carry out”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We only get the broasted chicken. We only call for carry out. We used to go there quite often even though we live in Huber Heights -- about 15 minutes away. The service the last 2 times we were there was none existent -- actually, the last time no waitress ever came to our table and we sat there for 15 minutes or more and as we were leaving, the manager or owner or whoever he was said that he would wait on use if we would stay -- he waited on us the time before because we couldn't get a waitress -- we left, went someplace else and have never been back to eat in.

• Visited July 2012