“VERY NICE!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Van Wert

You added Comfort Inn Van Wert to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Van Wert
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   840 N Washington, Van Wert, OH 45891 (Formerly Sunset Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Van Wert
Petersburg, Virginia
“VERY NICE!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

My Husband & I stayed in Van Wert on business. The Comfort Inn was wonderful...clean and the staff was a joy. A little expensive as we were not offered a weekly rate and stayed 18 days. The pool & hot tub was very nice and we were allowed to stay past 10pm because my husband was working til 9pm every night. Beautiful country town and the people were very friendly...Thanks Comfort Inn for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lancaster,OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

We were unexpectedly needed a group of rooms in Van Wert for my Uncles funeral. after checking the prices at holiday Inn express, and comfort inn. I booked the comfort inn! The holiday inn wouldn't give us any price breaks, and the person I spoke to was quite snippy. I am leary about comort inns, as I know they are independently owned. After reading the reviews here, I was quite happy to try it. A lot on my shoulders, when booking so many family members. Everyone was very happy with the rooms. One smelled a bit of smoke, but other then that, everyone seemed very pleased. The rooms were clean, updated, and had a fridge/microwave, which came in very hand for the wake leftovers. The best part of our stay though, was the staff. The lady who made our reservations was very nice and compassionate, she was very helpful with recommendations for the area, and directions for all of us out of towners. At the end of viewing hours, we all came back to the hotel, and they allowed us to use their breakfast room for a family gathering. Much needed and comforting to us all. Because of the wonderful staff at this comfort inn, we were able to honor and remember our beloved uncle in a way he would have loved! Thank you comfort inn!

Stayed October 2010
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

This is one of the two choices for this area (Holiday Inn is next door). It is clean, quiet and up-to-date with flatscreen tvs, loads of cable choices, wireless, continential breakfast, hot tub and small indoor poor. This was more than we expected for a small town 2 star motel. For meals, we also recommend the Balyeat diner downtown on the square and the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor for a 'mini-cone' for desert. This is americana at its best.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

This Comfort Inn and the Holiday Inn Express are right next to each other. As I understand it, the same person owns both hotels. I booked the Holiday Inn Express because of the good reviews here, and also because the Holiday Inn's staff said that the windows could be opened for fresh air.

Unfortunately, upon arriving, I realized the windows were sealed shut, so I inquired at the Comfort Inn. The Comfort Inn had windows that opened, and was just fine. I moved over and was very happy with my stay. I think most people would be happy at either hotel. The two chains are very similar.

The cost of the Comfort Inn was about $20-$25 cheaper than the Holiday, and you can kind of see the reasons: the Holiday Inn is very new and very spiffy. The Comfort Inn is a pretty standard Comfort Inn, which means it's great in my book. The Comfort Inn does not have an elevator.

If I ever have reason to be back in this town again, I will book the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

Our room is decent, its updated, new furniture, bedding, softest hotel towels ever! Fridge, microwave and flat screen tv with video input! Pretty standard place. There is a brand new Holiday Inn Express next door though, but this place is certainly comparable!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Van Wert? Share your experiences!