“Very good sauerkraut balls & food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Medina, Ohio
“Very good sauerkraut balls & food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We went there to try out there Prime Rib dinner, which wasn't that good. It came to my table luke warm & it was kind of fatty on top of it. The sides were excellent. The potato must have weighed about a pound & they gave me the toppings to go along with it. The veggies were good also. My hubby had their salmon which you could choose your topping for it. He chose the dill topping which he said was good. That came with rice & a salad or a soup. They also have a "rewards program", when you enter your phone number on the bill, you get a certain amount of points for the amount you spent without the tax included. Also for your birthday & anniversary, you also get something for that also, which I thought was pretty good. The service is good also. They have a full bar there that you can order any kind of drink that you would want. The restaurant has a list of what kind of beers they have along with some ideas for fruity drinks or whatever kind of drink that you want. On Sundays & Mondays you get double points if you have your phone number registered in their system. This is after 4:00 P.M. on Sundays & Mondays. It isn't too expensive going there but it sure isn't cheap by no means. On Friday we ordered the sauerkraut balls, they were very good. They are fairly decent in size when you get them & you get about 10 of them for $7.50. That was an appetizer. There is also coconut shrimp as an appetizer. I wanted to try them, but they were kind of pricey-$10.00 for an appetizer which I thought was a little bit ridiculous. Good time there though with oldies music playing. On the porch the owner told us that we could get a suntan from this light if we wanted to or put on the heater up above to stay warm which I thought was very nice of them to tell us. We had a very good time both days there at the restaurant.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Brunswick, Ohio
“Not returning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Had relatives in from Canada and they were excited to try their first clam bake. We had purchased a $100 Restaraunt.com certificate earlier in the year and found out that it was not accepted anymore. We were seated in the outside patio that was enclosed and was told whoever was sitting under the radiant heaters that it may be warm. Overheard waiter repeating same story to surrounding diners. At least two tables told him to turn it down.Our orders included three clam bakes, a pasta dish, and prime rib. Salads accompanied all meals that were fair. The bread basket could have been fresher. My order fo prime rib was sent back because it was room temperature. The waitress brought back a fresh cut, worrying that if the first cut was reheated, it would not be medium, cudos to her. Even though it was warmer, there was a lack of flavor. The flavor-less meat was served with 13 green beans and a medium potato. The gnocchi ala vodka pasta dish was good. The three clam bakes I found out after they finished, were also cold. I asked why they didn't have them reheated, they didn't want to wait. A half of chicken came with the clams, in which one tasted. The other two chickens ended up in our refrigerator, the next day they belonged to the garbage can. The only compliment would have been to the bartender. I had the second best Long Island Iced Tea. We had parked accross the street in the Samosky's Pizza lot, I've been there several times and never had a bad meal. If it weren't for the clam bake, this is where we should have ate.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chardon, Ohio
“Small town feel with big menu options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

A friend and I visited this restaurant on a Friday night. It was hopping!! Valley City is a quaint little town that you can't believe is a mere 10 minutes away from the the bustling City of Brunswick. You feel like you've stepped back in time when a night out was enjoyable, unrushed and festive.

We had a 45 minute wait, but it was worth it [To avoid waiting, I would suggest going either by 4 pm or after 8 pm].

We waited outside for a bit and then found a space at the bar a little later. They have a full menu of wine, beer and mixed drinks. We ordered an appetizer while at the bar of crabcakes. They were fresh and tasted great!

When we got to our table, we ordered another appetizer of the spinach/artichoke dip. It came with soft pita triangles AND hard pita chips. I thought that was a nice touch.

We had basic salads and warm bread before our dinners were served. The atmosphere was inviting and comfortable.

I ordered a chicken penne pasta dish with a marinara cream sauce. It was so good! My friend had crab stuffed tilapia. She said it was wonderful. We both had enough left to bring home. The service was great and the waitress accommodating.

The only thing that I thought was "annoying" was their dishwasher. YES, the dishwasher in the kitchen. I guess it was either acting up or on its last leg, but about every 5-10 minutes we would hear this noise that sounded like a "bug zapper." It needed to be taken out back and put out of its misery. :)

Other than that, our experience was one that makes us want to come back again!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Waitress out to lunch / food: mixed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Lunch: Wife had a Caesar salad w/ chicken which she enjoyed. I had a Rubin - mediocre: meat was a bit chunky and rubbery. Other ingredients OK. Service: our waitress was out to lunch, making mistakes on order and forgetting to return with drink refill.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great patio, good food, pleasant drive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

Good food reasonably priced, very clean, attentive servers and a pleasant ride on Ohio's beautiful route 303. These people have a killer patio and the food is always well prepared.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere