“Stay here every time I am in the area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Upper Sandusky
Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Stay here every time I am in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I grew up 12 miles from Upper Sandusky - I now live in Albuquerque, NM - I visit family frequently and always stay at this Comfort Inn. There are limited hotel options in this neck of the woods, and I think this CI is very very good. I travel a lot and I've stayed in many a budget hotel chain that's much less nice than this CI. The staff here is always so friendly! Wyandot County values - firendly, down to earth and helpful. I have stayed here many times and the rooms and the dining area have always been clean. I enjoy having a place to workout and swim, and this CI is adequate. This visit, a little disappointed - the pool is being renovated and won't be finished until after I leave. But, the pool area will be awesome after May 18, 2014. The food selections are fine (free food!). The bedding and beds have recently been updated and the bed is super comfortable. My husband and I like to get a jacuzzi king facing the courtyard - very quiet! This place is SAFE - I have stayed here solo and never felt nervous. The price is absolutely a good deal for what you get. People who complain about the food selections, etc - hey this ain't the Ritz Carlton! Go PAY for bad food next door at McDonalds. I have NEVER smelled smoke once here.

Room Tip: king jacuzzi (or other rooms) on the inner hallway looking onto the courtyard- very quiet!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Milford, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is a nice Comfort Inn. It has what i expect from that chain - a clean basic room with a comfortable bed, fridge, TV with lots of channels and working wi-fi. It had a bright clean breakfast area and good food (love sausage biscuits and gravy). It is adjacent to a Pilot truck stop but the problem is not the external noise, which is nil. All three nights I spent there, I could hear every word, snore and TV show from the room next door, And that was three different occupants, none of whom were in and of themselves noisy. The sound proofing between the rooms was totally inadequate. Also the water system (showers and toilets) was very noisy.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Grand Rapids
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is the first time that we have stayed at this Comfort Inn. The room was clean, and we were happy that they allowed a rollaway bed for our 5th person. The breakfast was fairly good, with a reasonable amount of hot and cold choices (scrambled egg patties, sausage patties, sausage gravy & biscuits, waffles, pastries, cereal, yogurt, fruit). My hubby and the kids used the pool and said that the entire pool area needs repair. The walls had peeling paint, the pipes were rusted, and one of the windows was broken and permanently ajar making for a cool room in March. The pool water temp was good, however. We would consider staying here again when in town.

Room Tip: Because the state of Ohio still allows smoking in hotel rooms, if you need a non-smoking room, make...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Marion, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Pos: Very reasonably priced with AAA discount, room comfort was great & nice n clean.
Neg: Bathtub had crack that was poorly patched & tub/shower faucet was very hard to turn.
They assured me they were in the process of replacing all the tubs.

Room Tip: Ask about bathroom quality.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tiffin, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Price went from $70 on phone to $116 at desk. Key would not open room door. Tracked down clerk who reprogrammed our key card. Entered room to find other peoples luggage already on bed. Asked for and received refund drove to Days Inn one block away and rented same room for $69. Run don't walk to Days Inn.

Room Tip: Go to another motel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tami H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2014

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I booked a double adjoining room non smoking. Ended up with 2 seperate room in opposite corner of the building. The room was supposed to be non smoking but everything smelled smoke including the paper towel. We had allergy attack because of the strong smell. Requested to have room change but still ended up with room with a smoke smell & a bed cover with burned cigarette on it. Lady in the front desk not very friendly & not all accommodating. Will not stay in this hotel anymore. Just one positive thing is the biscuits & gravy for breakfast. That's about it. This hotel needs an overall cleaning to get rid of the smoke smell.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I swear everytime I needed help at front desk the workers were gathered in a group 5 feet in front of the main doorway smoking cigarettes. I am not a smoker and do not appreciate this especially when there is a no smoking sign right there posted outside. The front desk clerks were playing some kind of video game on the computer they were on both times I walked by and glanced over and BOTH times I stayed there in a 2 month period. During breakfast the guy was nice and helpful in making us comfortable and got us what we needed quickly the first day. The other day though we had a heavyset lady in charge of the food and she did not move fast enough when I asked her to bring me some biscuits since they were out. Biscuits were cold in center. Eggs were pretty bad. The gravy was good. It gave me a very dirty vibe though when I'd walk to the pool room and almost every time there were groups of housekeepers smoking outside the window ESPECIALLY when the smoke blows right into the open pool window! Late at night around midnight the front desk guy seemed like he was missing a few brain cells. I won't be back. I remember Tammy at front desk was pretty friendly but was almost never at the front desk. I'd either have to ask for an employee to go get her from smoking out front or stand forever waiting. When checking out we had to wait forever.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!