I could have stayed anyplace an hour or two east or west of this while basically crossing Ohio, and I have to say, I really did choose this because 4 of the 5 reviews before me were 5 star. Well, look at the title of my review, could we perhaps tone that down a bit? My 3 major complaints would be the bottom of the pool was dirty, and there was no filtration going on during my entire visit. It was as still as any body of water I've ever seen. And it's not like anything was broken, I asked how late it was open, and the clerk told me 10:00 without mentioning any problems. I was there on a late June day when the temp peaked at 89 Degrees, and the hallways were STIFLING HOT. I'm talking like a sauna. Had to be 100 Degrees minimum in the hallways. Turn on the air in the hallways, cheapskates. It got down to 60 Degrees that night, and the hallways were still stifling hot in the morning. If they think they're going to pull that stunt all summer, there will be mold growing on the walls. Which brings me to my 3rd complaint, the breakfast room too was stifling sauna-like hot, but I took the incentive to turn on the air conditioner, which was a wall unit like in the rooms. They ran out of most everything at breakfast, and staying on a Sunday night, there were only about 10 other rooms full that day.
Now that we have all the "5 stars, give me a break" complaints out of the way, there were several good points for an under $60 hotel that inspire me to give it 4 stars. The breakfast room was very sizable, and what was left of the breakfast was good. They have a waffle iron to make your own waffles, which was a nice touch. The room itself was outstanding for the price. Very clean, and nicely set up. Nice TV, that worked fine. Good sized refrigerator that worked fine, and I even used the microwave, which was OK as well. No complaints on the room whatsoever, loved it.
Staff is friendly and helpful. No complaints there either. I'd recommend it, but I'd certainly stop short of titling my review "Amazing" or anything like that.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn & Suites Upper Sandusky Hotel Upper Sandusky
- Days Inn And Suites Upper Sandusky
- Days Inn & Suites Upper Sandusky Hotel
- Best Western Upper Sandusky
- Upper Sandusky Best Western
- Days Inn & Suites Upper Sandusky Ohio
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Upper Sandusky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.