“Great staff and very good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson at The University of Toledo

Save Saved
You added Radisson at The University of Toledo to your Saves list
Radisson at The University of Toledo
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3100 Glendale Avenue, Toledo, OH 43614 (Formerly Hilton Toledo)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Toledo
Denver, CO
“Great staff and very good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is no longer a Hilton property, but the staff is still the same: always helpful and friendly. We had meetings here and I stayed at this hotel for the third time. Everything worked very well. Will continue to be back here when in Toledo.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cupertino, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife, two teenage kids and I just returned from four nights at the Hotel at the Toledo Medical College. As others mentioned, this hotel is no longer the Toledo Hilton, and I believe you can only reserve rooms by phone. We stayed in two adjoining rooms, and found everything still to be similar to when this was a Hilton (they just taped over some of the Hilton signs). The minibars are now mini refrigerators (note that there's a temperature adjustment on the back of these; ours froze the yogurts we had stored in them). The hotel was very clean, and well serviced, and we liked the changes to the lobby. Hotel guests are still allowed to use the track and fitness center at the medical center which is a big plus for being able to work out in the winter. All in all, we were happy we decided to stay here despite the loss of the Hilton brand.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has the BEST staff who all go out of their way to make one welcome and comfortable. In my experience, everyone - from the bellmen to reception to housekeeping to restaurant staff and bar etc. does everything possible for your comfort. However, the management desperately needs to keep the Hilton status - hopefully a Hampton or Doubletree. Many of us are regulars and we miss our Hilton points and the Hilton "experience". In addition, the "tone" of the hotel (especially the lobby) without the Hilton oversight is changing. For example, the comfortable leather couches in the lobby have just been replaced with the ugliest, cheapest-looking, most uncomfortable modern seats and plastic illuminated, square tables that (to most) appear "tacky". Not sure why? it looked a lot classier before. The guest rooms are also in need of updating (flat TV screens etc.). Hopefully this hotel that is so ideally situated for the University (and with the greatest staff) will find the right partner soon.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We had to arrive at 3am and the receptionist guy informed us that he does not recommend the hotel since it has just been stripped of being a Hilton. He offered finding us a new hotel even though we booked at this hotel two weeks in advance. But it was 3am so I asked to please have a room here. He printed our receipt for the night and the hotel was called "Hilto" not Hilton. We were concerned a bit if our credit car information was safely stored due to these changes. But the room was pretty good and clean. We were awoken at 8am by the roomer cleaners not because they knocked on our door but because they were speaking really loudly in the halls. The pool was nice, and location is good. There is security so no worries there.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brampton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This place was DROPPED by Hilton as of the new year, and I can see why. I am trying to get my confirmation # from Dec.29, all i get is the runaround.

The reason I have an issue to begin with, is that at the on-site restaurant, I mentioned I cannot eat dairy, and stressed this. I asked which breakfast items contain dairy. I was told the eggs were safe.

After eating the eggs, I asked about them again, just to make sure. They said that it contains cream. Well, that messed up my return trip home, as I am lactose-intolerant. We had to stay another night on the way home because we couldn't make the trip due to my sickness.

Now I can't get a simple confirmation number (which was NEVER given to me in the first place).

I'd advise everyone to steer clear of this dump. Oh ya, the pool area was FREEZING! I mean, the air was extremely cold, shivering cold...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I traveled to Toledo, OH from Montana for an interview. It was a very long traveling experience and I had booked a budget hotel through one of those flying/hotel packages. My bag did not make it and was not supposed to arrive until late the next morning. I then ended up at a total run-down, nasty inn. Being a young female, I did not feel safe so I broke down and called my parents who were very worried. My dad proceeded to call the Hilton hotel and told the nice receptionist about my story. It was 1:00am and within 30 minutes, Rob (I believe he was the night manager) picked me up from my hotel and brought me to the Hilton free of charge. He said I reminded him of his daughter and he treated me as such, arranging for his father, Ben to take me anywhere I needed to go (since my bag had not made it). The next morning, one of the drivers, John, personally made a trip to the airport to tell the airline he would be picking up my bag and to contact him as soon as it arrived. My bag was promptly delivered to me at the hotel about an hour before my interview.

These men went above and beyond to help me and turned a very unpleasant experience into a good one. I cannot thank them enough!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have had many weekly stays since August and continue to find this hotel is a one that is consistently welcoming, attentive, clean, and comfortable. It is located next to the University of Toledo Medical Center and close to many franchise restaurants. Be sure to visit the bar and meet a great bartender, Scott.

Room Tip: There is no spa but it does have an indoor pool for lap swimming and a small workout room. Rooms on...